I Don't Want To Recover

How does one recover from trauma and PTSD? This area is for people who have been attacked by CPS and are having a hard time getting over it.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

cccc

I Don't Want To Recover

Postby cccc » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:11 am

I fear that recovery may evolve into complacency.
Rather than recover, I learn and "that has made all the difference."

good dad
Site Admin

Re: I Don't Want To Recover

Postby good dad » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:44 am

I agree 100%

Learning brought me to be non-compliant and using the law to support my stance
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

Elf

Postby Elf » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:25 am

Recovery doesn't mean pretending it never happened, or accepting that they were right. True recovery means going on with your life after trauma--learning what you can from it, rebuilding your family stronger so it can't happen again (or if it does, you are better prepared), letting others know you are a survivor. It means refusing to let them define you.
Not a lawyer; nothing I say is legal advice. I am, however, someone who's studied children's "protective" services for several decades, and my anger and disgust has only grown stronger over time. I want all parents to know: whatever your flaws, whatever your guilt or failings... you deserve better than what CPS would to do you and your family.

"Let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honour and humility, mirth and reverence within you." - Charge of the Goddess

sadmommy15

Postby sadmommy15 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:24 am

I don't want to accept this either. I want to go back to before the call was placed and stop my horrible neighbors from reporting us because they thought they were above us and thought they deserve our child. I always thought grief was for the people who lost someone through death but I recently researched it and realized it can be from DCFS detainment as well. Did you find a way to handle your grief? Please tell me you got your child(ren) back!! How are you feeling now (with or without them)? I feel like I'm losing my mind. I'm starting to feel like I never had a child. Everyone is turning against me and even my grandmother is acting like my child is not mine but hers! I'm starting therapy but I don't know if that will be enough. I have so much anger and sadness. Do you feel that way too? I just wanna sleep until it's over. At least in my dreams I can be with my child. I miss my daughter so much it kills me to be without her. I go almost a week without seeing her sometimes and she's with family! I know it could be much worse but it's not right that I feel so betrayed by my own family. I really hope you got your little one(s) back!! The government has no idea how much pain this causes the parents and how much more pain and suffering it causes the children!!
Sometimes bad things happen to good people. Why can't bad people get what they deserve??? Let's hold these criminals accountable for their horrible, destructive, and ILLEGAL actions. They are powerless if we come together and fight them!

Return to “Recovery From CPS Trauma”