post traumatic stress disorder

How does one recover from trauma and PTSD? This area is for people who have been attacked by CPS and are having a hard time getting over it.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

kelz03103

post traumatic stress disorder

Postby kelz03103 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:36 am

hi all I have a question , not sure where to ask , I believe I have ptsd, now I can't really go to the shrink and find out because we know workers will use it against me , so I did go to a shrink and have them determine I was fine. Several parents in my area have all had nasty run -ins with cps , and all of the "concerns" are coming from the school , all fake too , i know all of these people , see their kids every day , I would say 5 families off the top of my head , and we all talk to each other , and we all seem to have the samew problem , nightmares of our kids being taken , fear when anyone knocks on the door , paranoia , If any of the kids are even 5 minutes late from school , automatically think they got grabbed up by cps at school, fear of new "concerns" being called in ,and being overy worried about things real or not that MIGHT get called in by the school. example the kids fighting with each other , slight bruises of any kind , mis matched socks ,anything you can think of , and this is every day. feeling stressed and nervous and un-able to relax. I don't know if this is ptsd, but I pretty sure it is. I want to know if any parents here have been diagnosed with it , DUE to cps , or if not diagnosed , if any others here think they suffer from it as well ?

Dazeemay

Re: post traumatic stress disorder

Postby Dazeemay » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:07 am

I believe our whole family has PTSD.

It will be six years this Nov. and we still "fear" some of our actions. Take for instance this morning we received a phone call from the neighbor behind us about our dogs digging a hole under the fence. We are aware the dogs are doing this but, this neighbor is one who would call animal control right away and cps. Animal control is now under the function of the sherriffs dept. and they have been driving around the neighborhoods letting everyone see their new vehicles. Then it was on the news what their new function was in regards to animals.

It will take the animals quite awhile to dig themselves out but, because of the call we will deal with it this weekend.

Right now I am for selling our home and moving to the middle of nowhere!! :roll:

Our granddaughter still has trouble sleeping at night due to the fact of being handcuffed in the middle of the night and thrown into a mental institution all because she got mad at the foster mother and wanted to come home.

More later.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:38 am

Honey, I think those symptoms are very common. I'm not a psychologist or psychiatrist but we probably do have PTSD. I've frequently said here that I get afraid at any noise I hear outside and that I'm afraid of being reported again. I'm afraid of people who would take a chance of ripping a family apart over something trivial.

I am also scared that one day my son just won't come home from school. I can't pull him out of PS because right now I'm out of ideas on how to help him (he's severely autistic) and there aren't any homebased options here anymore. His teachers are supportive of me but having them on my side won't necessarily stop CPS. Two weeks ago, my son was 20 minutes late getting home on the bus and I was scared to death. It turns out that another kid was added to the ride and that's why he was late, but I was so distraught in the time it took to find that out. And any time he's even two minutes later than usual, my mind automatically thinks of CPS instead of more mundane things like the bus having been late picking him up from school in the first place. (My son only attends for half a day and he used to be the only kid on the bus when he came home, now he's one of only two on the bus.)

I am afraid of being turned in for any little decision. My son is currently coughing but not sick. The nurse I called said that he's not contagious because coughing is his only symptom. She doesn't think a doctor visit is warranted and I'm taking that advice. He doesn't like going to doctor offices and I don't want him to endure that over a trivial medical matter. But what if I'm charged with medical neglect?

These kids are daredevils with no sense of danger. He is apt to get hurt and even has a scar on his buttock from a previous injury. What if I'm turned in for suspected abuse one day?

I have had the nightmares about my kids being taken. I have even had "waking nightmares"...basically bad daydreams that I can't easily shake off. My mind comes up with CPS scenarios and I have been shocked back to reality by hearing myself shout out to imaginary CPS workers. Sometimes I break down into tears. There is nothing that hurts worse than having your parenting called into question!

And I am also afraid of having myself officially diagnosed. Well, I don't have insurance to begin with but even if I did, I'd be so scared. What if the psychiatrist is in cahoots with them and reports me for being overly emotional or something? Who wouldn't be emotional and have these feelings when our parenting is bashed and our family togetherness is threatened? I would be too afraid to open up about these feelings to a psychiatrist because they are in the "snitch network". What if it comes back to bite me?

And the fact that I've already been investigated three times just makes things worse. People have a tendency to believe that you're not telling the full story and that CPS doesn't really operate this way. And when you've been investigated more than once, it REALLY hurts your credibility. Basically, the allegations are the proof. The fact that you've been investigated, especially if it was more than once, proves something is wrong with you. There is such a stigma. CPS even tried to use it against me in this investigation. What if I get yet another one? I'll look even worse. God I'm so scared.

I'm hoping to file a lawsuit but part of me is scared because of this. What if the jury won't sympathize with me because I've been investigated so much? My children are happy and healthy and NOTHING I've done has EVER harmed them. But what if they're biased against me because those investigations are revealed? It really is damning. I wasn't able to sue the other times but I think I have a lawyer this time...as long as my friend passes the bar in November lol. I let them off the hook the other times, because I was scared to do it without legal representation. I just can't let them off the hook again!!!!! But what if the jury just sees me as a mom that's continually turned in? I really hope that the proof is in the pudding because my children and I are so close.

OK, I'll stop now. But you are definitely not alone. By the way, I have heard through the grapevine that a CPS victim parent did get diagnosed with PTSD and even collected disability from it.
My children have never been harmed by my actions. My children both love me and trust me. Even my nonverbal son shows he trusts me by how he interacts with me. We didn't deserve what we've gone through because of CPS. We demand justice.

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:39 am

Sorry, forgot to subscribe. Bad habit. :roll:
My children have never been harmed by my actions. My children both love me and trust me. Even my nonverbal son shows he trusts me by how he interacts with me. We didn't deserve what we've gone through because of CPS. We demand justice.

kelz03103

Postby kelz03103 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:56 am

hi Angel ,all , ty for the replies , Angel I have been investigated 11 times , ELEVEN over 10 years , it never stops , and guess what I am no more guilty of ANY wrong doing the 11th time than the first one. I know what you mean by the what if's I have been to court twice , i forced THEM to take me , thinking they had nothing to go to court with , and they really didn't , it didn't matter , so i have been found guilty twice , but unfounded 9 times , wtf does that all mean , couldn't tell you other than no matter how many times i proved myself innocent they kept coming until they could get me. I have been accused/ investigated for everything under the sun and , NONE of the things are illegal in any way or criminal in any way , and basically I'm not doing anything out of the usual. So I ask the same questions , what if i am found guilty a third time , IF they come again and I am sure they will , is there a limit before they just take your kids? I am a writer I have already had one story published, I am working on a book now , have been for about a year , reguarding all of this stuff and my 10 year battle with cps. I have done a lot of research over the years. I have determined i cannot answer my own door , i have a system , without an appointment you cant come visit me , on the odd chance a friend drops by I have told them I cant hear them knocking from the other end of the house , this is partly true , so like a fool , I have them knock on the window , that way i can SEE who it is. I have this arrangement because the last time I opened my door an inch , and requested a warrant , the stupid cps bitch typed up a whole report describing my entire kitchen and 2 of my children , which there is NO way she could have seen, I even had my foot behind the door , there is no way she saw anything , doesn't matter. Hopefully my fight is near over , but I doubt it. I wish I knew what we're all supposed to do. I do have an idea brewing , what if we found a lawyer , even better a team of lawyers for a class action suit , I would bet we could get THOUSANDS of people. every single person on this site should sue ,DHHS on a federal level , that covers all of us. I don't think state by state is enough , plus its too slow and not drawing enough attention to this problem , I will do some more research and see if I can get some statistics on how many families are affected by this type of terrorism 1 out of every 10 families?? I wonder , I really do.

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:19 am

There was a "brochure" once (can't find it now) that said that you're more likely to be investigated by CPS than to have a flat tire. That should tell you how many affected people you could possibly find. I'm up for a class action suit as long as it doesn't affect the individual one I also want to file. I will be so disappointed if my friend doesn't pass the bar...obviously because it hurts her dream and also because I'm hoping that I will finally get justice.

It irks me because in my very first investigation I seemed to be more prepared than I was in this one, and yet this one is the most likely to go to court. I didn't manage to get the initial confrontation on tape this time. I was in the process of moving and my autistic son was also having a regression...when they came to the door I didn't think I had enough time to find my old tape recorder. Their presence set off a meltdown in my son, who gets very upset if the door is opened when it's not time to leave. So he started having a meltdown so even when I closed the door, suddenly the tape recorder was the last thing on my mind. They didn't leave and I ended up opening the door again and again. They did not take no for an answer, didn't respect my rights at all. They did hear my son screaming but I'd warned them that it would happen in advance. This is a hard and fast rule in our family. In fact, before every school year the new bus driver is instructed that my son can't wait at the bus stop. I can't open the door until the bus comes. The bus driver always stops and beeps the horn for us, and only then do I open the door. He can't handle it if I open the door in advance when the bus isn't ready. The same procedure has to be followed at school when the bus picks him up.

Anyway I really wish I had the initial confrontation on tape. I hope I can prove my case somehow. I hope I have enough. I did tape later meetings and I have the SW on tape saying she hadn't even bothered researching autism to see if I was right about his care (this was after being on our case 3 weeks!). I am so distraught over this whole thing, the only things keeping me going are the children who need me and the glimmer of hope from a lawsuit!!! I am dreaming of the day I get justice...I just hope the court decision is in my favor. If it's not, I'll never really feel compensated (not the right word) for what happened.

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:08 am

kelz03103 wrote:I have determined i cannot answer my own door , i have a system , without an appointment you cant come visit me , on the odd chance a friend drops by I have told them I cant hear them knocking from the other end of the house , this is partly true , so like a fool , I have them knock on the window , that way i can SEE who it is.

I forgot to address this part. One of the reasons I panic so much is because there's literally nowhere to hide here. I live in a small singlewide. If we make any noise at all, it can be heard from outside on the porch! And since my daughter loves to talk and my son makes loud vocalizations (not actual speech), I'm constantly afraid that someone will come and hear us. All of this makes me feel so...exposed. Exposed and vulnerable. I wish I had a bigger place but I had to call off my move 1) because they came twice while I was packing and didn't understand that's why things were in disarray...so after the second time I realized that I literally couldn't move!!! and 2) I used my tax refund to pay bills while being investigated, since it is hard to keep things perfect while doing my homebased job! I went from having a surplus to being broke within a month. Now I'm resorting to selling things, including my own plasma, for extra cash to make ends meet.

It is insane how they HURT more families than they help. How can society let an organization with such a poor track record continue to operate? I guess most people believe that as long as the intentions are noble and everything is done in the "best interests of the children", that some injustice is necessary to tolerate. The truth is that this system is NOT in the best interests of children. Something is very wrong when children are more likely to be abused and neglected in CPS care than in their actual homes. And something is also very wrong when new studies are showing that even truly maltreated children are often better off if left in their natural homes instead of being in foster care!

In the meantime, I'm constantly afraid of any noise. I never feel safe, especially since there's no freedom to pretend I'm not home lol. When you're in a trailer, if you have a visitor they just know if you're home. I wish I had the $15 for a driveway alarm but I don't even have that to spare. I heard that you have to put them above ground in a birdhouse or something and I don't think I could do that inconspicuously anyway.

This whole situation is so hard. It does help some to have people here who understand and empathize, but it doesn't decrease the sense of panic I experience on a daily basis.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:35 am

We have a new message area on the board for recovery from CPS trauma and PTSD. I'm moving this thread over to the new section... will keep a tracer in the Medical section so you can find it from both.

I had a friend in the SF Bay Area who was attacked by CPS. After she got her step-daughter back, she moved out of state and applied for SSI for her PTSD and got it. I don't recommend that though. The last thing we need is one more thing for CPS agents to use against us.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:41 pm

I ended up buying a driveway alarm after all. It hasn't arrived yet and I won't be able to set it up until around Saturday. Hopefully it'll be ready to go for the next workweek (I'm not sure I really have a good place for it).

I'm crippled by the stress. I also refuse to answer my door now. I've had two knocks at the door this week. It doesn't look like the SW's vehicle but I just refuse to take a chance. I just don't want to go to the door unless I know who is coming in advance and that it's someone I trust. I really hope that this investigation has blown over...I think this is the longest I have gone without hearing from them. But I'm still really, really nervous and jumpy. The driveway alarm will help me at least a little because it'll at least alert me before someone's actually at my door.

It's been almost two hours since the last knock on the door and I'm still reeling. I don't know why, but when I get stressed my arms start shaking and feel weak. And I feel sick to my stomach as well. I'm always nervous and scared, but actually hearing a knock obviously brings more stress out. I'm trying to calm down and focus on my children and that lawsuit. I'm still hoping to file next month.

Wish me luck with the alarm, and with the case truly being over.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:09 am

We are preparing for our granddaughter's lawsuit.

We thought she was ready for it being as it has been five yrs. and she is 17 now and has only till she is 19 to file. She wants to do it but, is stressing over the fact that she is afraid they and the uncle will come back into her life.

We are trying to assure her that they would be afraid of her now because she has that right to sue them and the cps supervisor, who no longer has immunity in her case because it was proven in court by phone records that she lied about many calls she said she made to her mother.

It is hard for our granddaughter to grasp that she is on the winning end of this now. So the PTSD continues on and I am sure it will continue on if she were to have children.

First they came to protect the child and rightly so, Mary Ellen(a foster child) was her name. I did not need to speak out. They came for the abusive parents to protect the children because of Mary Ellen and I did not need to speak out. Then they came for the innocent parents to protect the children because Avarice was his name. And I did not speak out. Now they have come for my children because of Avarice and I can't find a direct way to speak out. By Heartbroken Grandmother

I wrote this when they first took our granddaughter.

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:18 am

Mary Ellen... was a foster child abused by a foster parent.

See this site: Foster Survivor
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:44 am

First they came to protect the child and rightly so, Mary Ellen(a foster child) was her name. I did not need to speak out. They came for the abusive parents to protect the children because of Mary Ellen and I did not need to speak out. Then they came for the innocent parents to protect the children because Avarice was his name. And I did not speak out. Now they have come for my children because of Avarice and I can't find a direct way to speak out. By Heartbroken Grandmother

Thanks Linda, I knew it, I didn't think to put it in.

Tigress: We taught grandchildren before all of this came up a secret code if anything ever happened to them. Our granddaughter was allowed to use the computer at the foster mother's house until cps caught on to our code...she was then banned from computer.

Next we gave her a tape recorder w/o them knowing it; they caught her with it and took it away but, not before she gave us some tapes. Next, her aunt asked caseworker if our granddaughter could look at her new blackberry phone; caseworker agreed. We had messages on there for her so she would not give up hope.

We did sign language; whenever she was in the courtroom and the visitation room. They never figured that one out.

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:22 am

I just had the driveway alarm go off again and I thought I saw a car in the driveway. It may have been on my neighbor's side though because nobody ever knocked on the door. But I'm still literally shaking and a mess of nerves. I hate this. I hate all the stress. I was fixing my coffee so I could start working again when that car came, and now I just can't concentrate.

I haven't made my work goal a single time since CPS started investigating me. Nope, not a single time.

protective provider

Postby protective provider » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:11 pm

HI IM A VERY ANGER CITZEN.I OWNED AND OPERATED A LICENSE DAYCARE FOR ABOUT 14 YEARS.I HAVE A PROMBLE WITH THE STATE AND SOCIAL SERVICES BACK IN MAY 2006.I HAD TWO CHILDREN DOING SOMETHING IN MY DAYCARE THAT THEY SHOULDNT OF BEEN DOING.WELL AS A LICENSE DAYCARE PROVIDER I DID WHAT I WAS TRAIN TO DO REPORT THE PROMBLE.WHEN I REPORTED THE PROMBLE IT MADE THINGS WORSE.THE STATE HAD SHUT MY BUSINESS DOWN BECAUSE THIER WAS A INVEGATION GOING ON ABOUT THIS MATTER.WELL I WAS FOUND GUILTLY BECAUSE OF THIS EVEN DOE I WAS THE ONE WHOM REPORTED IT.THE STATE HAS RUIN MY NAME AND NOW IM UNABLE TO PERFORM ANY KIND OF WORK DO THIS MATTER.THEY HAVE PUT ME ON THE CHILD ABUSE REGISTARY LIST BECAUSE THEY SAID WERE THESE CHILDREN WERE IN MY CARE IT WAS MY FAULT.IM STILL TRYING TO CLEAR MY NAME .BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY DID IVE BEEN IN OUT OF COURT SEVERAL TIMES BUT I HAVNT GOT ANY WHERE .IVE BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL 48 TIMES OR MORE DUE TO THIS. I HAVE TALKEN TO SENTARS AND EVERY ONE. IVE EVEN TOLD THE JUDE SEVERAL TIMES THAT I WILL FIGHT FOR MY RIGHTS AND JUSTIC IF IT KILLS ME.WHAT THEY HAVE PUT ME THREW NO ONE NEEDS TO GO THREW.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:41 pm

With your hospital records you might be able to prove eligibility for SSI. It is hard to get these days and takes a long time, but if you work in the meantime they'll decide you don't need it.
Sample Document Library

starr747

Postby starr747 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:12 pm

I just hit the 9 year mark . and it doesnt get better. i still wont open curtains . if someone knocks i wait till i hear them crank up to leave to peak out . it is a horrible way to have to live . if my kids are outside they run in the house if they see a car . and i moved to another state and in the boonies . but the fear dont leave . i go thru the if the bus is five minutes late. i am scared of everyone and everything .itis horrible horrible . Me and the kids still have nitemares . some stuff that happened to my kids i will never know the truth on . i have been told by many i have ptsd but i havent applied for disablity cause i wont talk to a shrink . i have a major trust issue . i wont open up to noone .. i keep to myself . i feel like a prisoner . I will make a friend and after a while i quit talking to them cause i wont trust them anymore

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:37 am

If you prove you have a disability to SSI, then CPS could use that against you - so probably it is good you never tried to get it!

How old are your children now?

You say you live in the boonies now. Well, so do I. And what I noticed is that social workers in this county don't have a whole lot to do so they follow up on every little lead. When I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area I NEVER had a social worker visit. But after moving here, I had five. :( ...well... that's over for me thank God because my kids are now all over 18! :D
Sample Document Library

starr747

Postby starr747 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:00 am

i have thre three still at home ages 13 12 10 but they seem to be scared of me here . i have raised cain with them this town knos me and knows i dont play there games . now the woman that i had it out with at school is over it here now so ive been waiting .... but they know here i am in a fighter ... remeber i left fla and came to georgia ... lol was a mod here for long while . till alot of stuff happened and i couldnt be on as much . then was hit with several deaths back to back .. so now just getting head back together somewhat ...

jasmine

Postby jasmine » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:33 pm

CPS destroyed my family. None of us will EVER be the same. On January 11, 2006, CPS abducted 2 of my daughters (13 and 16 at the time) with NO warrant based on LIES from my (then) 19 year old daughter. Long story made short: we did everything CPS asked us to do (parenting classes, protective parenting classes, anger management, domestic violence), had SIX days of trial on the merits (is this normal...SIX DAYS?????) No abuse was proven...because THERE NEVER WAS ANY!!!!! One daughter aged out and came home. The other one remained in foster incarceration because she was "AT RISK" of abuse that never happened to the older daughter in the first place!!! She ran away from foster "care" in 2008 and lived on the streets somewhere because they wouldn't let her come back to me.

I HATE CPS!!! I HATE SOCIAL WORKERS!!!! Not a day goes by that I don't think about the CPS nightmare and cry and rage. NO ONE CARES!!! One daughter is a Satanist (they fasted and prayed and God didn't get them out of CPS), the other is a whore living with an idiot boyfriend who beats her--she met the moron while living on the streets. I am divorced now and struggling with all kinds of issues. I can't hardly drive by a certain park (we had CPS supervised "visits" there) without breaking down...just the smell of CiCi's Pizza will set me off and I'm going down in a spiral (we had CPS supervised "visits" there). "Videos" of scenes, "visits", court appearances, conversations with these monsters...will suddenly pop into my head...AND I CAN'T STOP THE VIDEOS!!!!! I have to live through it...again and again and again and again and again and again......................................................................................................................

I don't even have words to describe THE PAIN that overwhelms me...most days I wish I were dead. I am 60 years old, a registered nurse, don't smoke, don't drink, never did drugs, was always faithful in marriage (more than I can say for my ex husband), never abused my kids, home schooled them (and I too, got NO help from HSLDA because we "weren't taken to court for a home school issue").

There is no justice in this life. Maybe not after death either.

mistyluke

Postby mistyluke » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Hello everyone,just wanted to say a few things in reading some of your stories.
C P S became involved with my family after sneaking into my daughters school,then three hours later they show up at my home snooping.
I have been involved with these people for over two years now,completed and complied with everything that my "prevention plan" consisted of.
I then began my own investigation on them "CPS" only to find that their "best interest of the child" were not their intentions. I cried after going to the many sites learning of the money CPS was making off of our children and how quick they were to remove them instead of funding families to keep them together.
The family court judge in my case gave temporary custody of my daughter to her father,who is still a registered sex offender,the judge also knew this. At our last hearing,my family and I told the GAL that my daughter has not visited with her dad in over 4 months,by her own choice.
CPS was suppose to do a background check on my daughters stepmom 8 months ago when I had learned that she didnt have custody of her own children,if it hadnt been for me reminding my attorney five minutes before walking in the court room they would have never looked into it.
To make a long story short,the judge ordered that my daughter was to go with her dad seven hours a week and the step mom was to be supervised by the "sex offender Father" at all times.
I will spend the rest of my life fighting for the children and families who are destroyed because of our money making "system"
Thanks for listening,any advice would be helpful

Misty

mistyluke

Postby mistyluke » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:27 pm

Hello again,just wanted to comment on a post that I read here as to the social workers showing up at school.
You have the right as the parent to either send or take a note to your childs school demanding that any one who shows up at the school wanting to speak with the child with out you being present is actually against the law.
That is how their process begins,is going to the schools.
Just a helpful tip that I had learned a little too late.

Misty

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:20 am

I haven't had a visit from CPS since October and my last mail communication was in November. And yet the trauma is still here. Today there was a knock on my door and I practically collapsed in fear. I looked out the window and it appeared to be a door-to-door salesman.

My daughter is still so traumatized too. After that knock, she told me she was being very quiet in case it was CPS. She tells me every single day that she hopes they never come back. She also repeatedly asks if I'll buy a house with a secret room so we can hide from them. In fact, just last week she had a dream that CPS came and she was hiding from them. Look at how they affected this poor child, where she is constantly trying to escape from them, both in real life and in her dreams!

I just want us to recover and have happy lives. It's so hard to live normally when there's always a nagging fear in your head, "This could be the day they come back."

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:19 pm

jasmine wrote:I don't even have words to describe THE PAIN that overwhelms me...most days I wish I were dead. I am 60 years old, a registered nurse, don't smoke, don't drink, never did drugs, was always faithful in marriage (more than I can say for my ex husband), never abused my kids, home schooled them (and I too, got NO help from HSLDA because we "weren't taken to court for a home school issue").

Something tells me that HSLDA has been overwhelmed with requests for assistance with CPS matters.

Jasmine.. I have this suggestion, something that helped me in my recovery during the last few years - and I'm about the same age as you. The suggestion is to refuse to let CPS have any more room in your brain. To throw them out, and move on so you can enjoy using your mind space for things you enjoy now that your children are older. So long as they still take up room in your brain, they're winning. You understand that, right? And why let them win?

I'm not saying we shouldn't still give some time every day to fighting the good fight on behalf of those who are younger, especially those young parents with babies who will forget who they are if CPS terminates parental rights. But for you and me, our children are much older now and will never forget us.

We've both been injured by CPS, but we have the right to enjoy the rest of our lives. I don't mention it often here, but I have a lot of other interests besides just fighting CPS. I give a few hours every day to this project and then I spend the rest of my day on other websites, or writing, or painting, or doing something else that makes me happy ... because if I let CPS take over my entire life and focused on that 24/7 I'd go crazy. So while I still want to help people I also need to help myself by taking care of myself.

I don't know if any of this will help you or if you'll even read it. If you do, I'd appreciate a response... but I do hope you'll kick CPS out of your life and mind-space. Do what you can to help your adult children get back on track, but don't spend all your time angry at CPS. They don't deserve to have your mind or emotions. They're just not worth it.

The kids have to take responsibility for their decisions and also not blame CPS "then" for what they're deciding to do "now".
Sample Document Library

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:24 pm

mistyluke wrote:Hello again,just wanted to comment on a post that I read here as to the social workers showing up at school.
You have the right as the parent to either send or take a note to your childs school demanding that any one who shows up at the school wanting to speak with the child with out you being present is actually against the law.
That is how their process begins,is going to the schools.
Just a helpful tip that I had learned a little too late.
Misty

Misty, I tried that when my daughter was in eighth grade... and guess what? The school wasn't used to seeing this kind of thing so when a CPS agent did go to the school to talk to her the school personnel just forgot about my letter and let him see her anyhow. School personnel need to be educated on what a Hatch Letter means.
Sample Document Library

jasmine

Postby jasmine » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:19 am

I'll try doing that. My whole life...my entire "being" was tied up with being a Mom, a wife, a Christian. It was the raison d'etre for my existence on planet earth. I am an extreme person and give 110 percent to everything I do so going overboard like this with any issue is standard operating procedure for me, plus, I am not accustomed to losing so being pronounced unfit because of LIES is an alien concept for me. I was hit on all fronts...and lost. Maybe it's time to realize I'm dead and just lay down and quit fighting. Right now I'm in "neutral", going day to day, concentrating on putting one foot in front of the other, trying to tie up loose ends since my Mom passed away in October.

I appreciate the input.

Return to “Recovery From CPS Trauma”