post traumatic stress disorder

How does one recover from trauma and PTSD? This area is for people who have been attacked by CPS and are having a hard time getting over it.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

mmorchard

Re: post traumatic stress disorder

Postby mmorchard » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:49 pm

I have sat here and read over all these posts and they make me cry because I know all too well the trauma that children and families go through at the hands of CPS. As I sit here writing this I am currently in a 10yr battle with CPS where my children were removed due to a rumor and a social worker that didn't like me or my husband. My children were removed at the ages of 2, 6, and 8. My oldest has since aged out of the system but only after I was bullied into signing my parental rights to him away 9yrs ago, but we have done our best to stay in contact with each other even if sometimes we have had to wait for a year or more just to get the chance to say hi to one another. My now 16yr old came home 6 months ago but only after he filed an abuse complaint against the foster family and then locked himself in his room refusing to eat or sleep for days until the social worker had no choice but to go out and move him to another foster home until the judge placed him back with his father and myself. He (my 16yr old son) is now being treated for severe PTSD and Bi-polar which the psychiatrist believes was triggered by the 9 1/2 years of abuse he endured at the hands of his foster parents and foster siblings (the foster parents bio children). My daughter however did not get to come back at the same time as my son as she was forced to move with the foster family some 300 miles away from us, but 2 months ago the social worker called me and wanted to know if I could take my daughter back because nobody else wants her as it turns out that not only had she been abused physically and emotionally but she had finally got up the courage to have the foster dad arrested for sexual abuse, she is now scheduled to be returned in August of this year but she is in intensive therapy and has so many behavioral problems that it's just a matter of time before CPS is at my door taking my children yet again. My oldest, the one who aged out, is now being treated for schizophrenia.

Cps has been in my life since I was a child, they have trained me to blame myself for the things that have happened not only to me but to my children as well. The social worker that took my children went so far as to say that "You had no right ever having children" and that "your tubes should have been tied when you were old enough to get pregnant". For the first 2yrs into the fight for my children the social worker that took my kids kept telling me that if I would only divorce my husband that I could have my children back and I kept telling him no I wasn't going to leave my husband, then the social worker said that CPS was going to take my parental rights away because I would leave my husband who was suffering from PTSD due to losing our children, the social worker said that my husband was unsafe because of the PTSD. When threatened with never being able to see your children again you'll do whatever it takes to keep your children in your life so I divorced my husband, we announced the divorce and the new social worker told us we were still never getting our children back.

CPS keeps telling me that I have childhood issues that I need counseling for... but honestly ALL of my issues are CPS rooted. Now my children will also spend a lifetime filled with fears and nightmares that are CPS rooted and my family is broken and none of us know where to go from here. :cry:

rakhel

Postby rakhel » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:36 pm

CPS hates the diagnoses my husband got from our therapist. It say "stress-related depression to ACS involvement."
I did not give birth to my children just so someone else could raise them!!!

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:00 pm

Rakhel,
I don't need to tell you to keep many many many copies of this report for the future.

rakhel

Postby rakhel » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:33 pm

MaggieC wrote:Rakhel,
I don't need to tell you to keep many many many copies of this report for the future.

Funny. I forgot I posted in this thread. NO you don't need to tell me. LOL.
I don't need to tell you how much we love our therapist. He refuses to send reports until they request them, he shows us the reports he is going to send, gives us copies of the reports, and states that we are ready, willing and able to care for our kids. It's the psychologist, our therapist and their reports they don't like. But they are the ones that referred us to him, so they are stuck.
I did not give birth to my children just so someone else could raise them!!!

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Keep copies of everything. It ain't over til it's over, if you get my drift.

LostInNYSystem

Postby LostInNYSystem » Wed May 11, 2011 2:41 pm

Hello everyone.

I used to live in NY Livingston County. On 01/05/05 I was in a major car accident. I was on a lot of prescriptions due to the pain. 5 days later my sons father beat me nearly to death in a drunken rage.
Because he had taken my sons adhd medicine.

I was dianosed with PTSD. It took nearly a year to recover. During this time , my son missed school a total of 13 days because i lived in the middle of now where his school was 20 miles away and i had no car due the accident. My sons father some times had a job sometimes didnt, most of which he didnt. During this time and after what my son witnessed that night he started having behavior problems and was suspended from school - he was in 2nd grade. He was suspended for the remianing of the school year which was just over a month. My son tolds his teacher about a dream he had had and that he woke up and he was all alone and couldnt find me. The teacher reported to cps - they came and took my child from me. They charged me with educational neglect saying he had missed a total of 34 days of school. The days he was suspended were calculated into this.

Then - the war with cps started. I had a domestic voilence advocate who was not even allowed in the court room - when we went to court his father was still in jail for beating me.

This was 5 years ago. In october of 2008 i signed an article 10 giving custody to my parents. They were adviced that as soon as things were completed I coulod come back to court and get alex back. In the mean time me and his father had tried to work things out and it was not working I was unable to return to work due to my car accident and having been diagnosed with Fibro PTSD Rheumatoid Arthritis and psaiaractic arthritus. So I had no income and was waiting on my ssi. I won my case for ssi in dec 2009. Me and his father lived together but wwere not together. I had met someone else and at my doctors request we agreed to move to TN warmer climate less humidity. The judge has continued to state there is nothing wrong with me and that leaving NY i abadoned my son. Not the case my parents knew i needed to have resisency here and we waited the 6 months. I then set the wheels in motion to get alex back. The judge insisted i come up to NY to submit to a drug test which i passed. His father was ordered to take one as well and he didnt. The law guardian adviced the judge that his father has still been drinking and had recently gotten a dwai. ALl the judge said was - are you going to meeting and he said yes and the judge said ok.---- In the mean time he is making me makie trips back and forth from TN to NY My son wants to live with me he is 14 he has made this clear and the judge will not allow this because he said i was taking him away from his father.

Not to mention thru all of this I lost my Mom and my all 3 of my grandmothers - and they wonder why I am so stressed out.

I need help I can be contacted at [email protected]

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Wed May 11, 2011 4:57 pm

The top attorney in NY State regarding Domestic Violence and CPS is named Carolyn Kubitschek. She spearheaded the Nicholson vs Scoppetta landmark case in Federal Court which mandated that CPS not deprive mothers' custody when domestic violence ensues.

She is not, per se, a pro bono attorney but she sits on many committees involving CPS in this state (NY). You might want to contact her office to ask if there are any advocacy groups (preferably legal) in Livingston County that might be able to assist you.

Her firm's website is: www.lanskub.com

Godspeed to you.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu May 12, 2011 5:30 pm

mmorchard wrote:My now 16yr old came home 6 months ago but
[....]
2 months ago the social worker called me and wanted to know if I could take my daughter back because nobody else wants her as it turns out that not only had she been abused physically and emotionally but she had finally got up the courage to have the foster dad arrested for sexual abuse, she is now scheduled to be returned in August of this year

I'm so glad your children are being reunited with you! But very sorry they've been so abused by the CPS system during the last ten years. There's no way to get the time back. I suggest you get an attorney for the kids and let them sue social services. It would be therapeutic! ((But don't tell the caseworkers... until your daughter is home safe and the case is closed, or they might change their minds.)) The kids can sue within about 2 years of their 18th birthdays. Go talk to an attorney about it.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Sat May 14, 2011 7:03 am

I had my daughter taken because I am disabled with PTSD. Yes, they do use it against you. And they are giving my daughter to the man who caused the PTSD because he is seen as a better person since I am so damaged (because of him).
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sat May 14, 2011 4:56 pm

noroses4u2c wrote:I had my daughter taken because I am disabled with PTSD. Yes, they do use it against you. And they are giving my daughter to the man who caused the PTSD because he is seen as a better person since I am so damaged (because of him).

!! That reminds me of my own custody case 30 years ago. Ex was abusive, then complained that I had a history of having abusive partners so he didn't want his daughters living with me. !! Go figure!
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

CPSptsd

Postby CPSptsd » Fri May 20, 2011 12:00 am

Without making this too long I just want to say that I understand totally where ALL of you are coming from.

CPS has damaged us all. My 19 year old doesn't want kids, EVER, he says, and I think that part of it is growing up in fear of being "taken". He is SO angry at what CPS did to all of us. No one answers the door, EVER. No one plays outside (that one really gets me, I grew up playing outside!)... our house is like fort knox with the chain link fencing and chains and padlocks on all entries to the property, the dogs and the no trespassing signs, all windows completely covered.. and still, we can NEVER relax. I have timed my pulse after the doorbell has run unexpectedly (when someone left the driveway gate open!) and it skyrockets in about five seconds and then the adrenaline keeps me nauseated for a good hour after. I don't trust ANYONE, not the schools, not the neighbors, no one. And I hate living in such an urban, crowded neighborhood. I feel like everyone around me is just waiting for a reason to call and report us for something. My son (the oldest, 19) came home once unexpectedly after being at a friend's house, and didn't call first, and that was the LAST TIME he will ever do that because after he ran loudly up the steps and then rang the doorbell when he realized it was locked and he didn't have his key, I was a worthless mess and crying for a good 30 minutes after. I just lost it. But that's messed up; that he ended up apologizing and me crying, I mean, shouldn't a NORMAL kid be able to run up HIS front steps without calling home first??

Our last CPS involvement was about 4 years ago and I am still reading, researching, hypervigilant.

I guess the only good thing I can come up with is that we are personal friends with the school nurse. So that works until we move and have all new schools. I think a lot lately about how to be pro-active and protect my family in the future, especially with a move in our plans... but I'm not sure what to do. We still don't have money for a lawyer, just like in the past, and most likely won't have that kind of financial ability for a few more years. So I don't know what we CAN do but making some sort of plan seems like it would help me feel better.

More later, but just wanted to chime in!
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering." -- The Doctor

cassieplus4

Postby cassieplus4 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:27 pm

all four of my children have been placed into foster care and my 4 yr old and 2 yr old they made me sign a ''voluntary;'' tpr and i lost my boys. while i was in therapy my therapist had diagnossed me with ptsd anxiety and depression due to social services, yes it is possible...i still cry everynight and everytime i see little children playing,or parents that truely dont take care of there kids..infact im crying know.

o_suzanna

Postby o_suzanna » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:19 pm

cassieplus4 wrote:all four of my children have been placed into foster care and my 4 yr old and 2 yr old they made me sign a ''voluntary;'' tpr and i lost my boys. while i was in therapy my therapist had diagnossed me with ptsd anxiety and depression due to social services, yes it is possible...i still cry everynight and everytime i see little children playing,or parents that truely dont take care of there kids..infact im crying know.

I was always in tears whenever I saw other children, and one of my coworkers seemed ignorant to the pain she would cause me everytime she would show me pictures of her son or bring him by and have him in my face. And parents not taking care of their kids? THAT is truly enraging. Knowing that you would do ANYTHING for your little one(s), more now than ever, and then seeing someone actually and truly neglect, abuse (physically or verbally) or just seem annoyed at their child at all just does me in and it always will, even now that our son is back. Nothing is right about your life after CPS gets into it.
"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." - Psalm 147:3

"Though You have made me see troubles, many and bitter, You will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth You will again bring me up." - Psalms 71:20

kalo5977

Postby kalo5977 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:35 am

today was a good day after almost 2 yrs my oldest grandson is hopefully and i believe in my heart going to get some love again the 3 of them were removed in 10 /2009 to unknown foster home then in dec of 2010 they were sent to oregon to the middle gsons grandmother . it was always clear that she did not like tyler . even to the point of her saying in front of him to me and anyone present she doesnt like him and he does like her but they will have to handle that was her words .for almost 3 yrs i have worried and cried about all 3 of them. last yr the state of nevada terminated my daughters rights they told the grandma that i was also not allowed to have any contact sooo for months and months i have this horrible pain that Tyler must feel so alone and unloved not cause he wasnt loved but the ones who loved him where not allowed to have any contact. at 1st the gma let me visit so for 10 days i went to oregon last summer that was the last time i was able to spend time with them when i went at xmas i was allowed 3 or 4 one hr visits i was totally distraught and decided i can not deal with the told no you cant see them since then they will not let them talk to me now why today is good even tho i have cried a lot is in may my astrayed younger brother was contacted by the gma cause she did not want Tyler and they are getting close to finalizing the adoption to ask if maybe he could help her by taking him so for awhile he went up to my brothers every weekend . as my brother said WE LOVE HIM IS IS A GREAT KID AND YES WE WOULDLOVE TO HAVE TYLER IN OUR HOME . TODAY TYLER IS WITH MY WONDERFUL BROTHER AND IS GETTING LOVE HE DESERVES . I PRAY HE KNOWS I LOVE HIM and i vow to do anything to stop cps from doing this to others ,iwill soon as adoption final sue for custody of the youngest i feel once cps has adopted them to the gma . i will contest since she is only bio to 1 i m bio to all 3 since she has choose to bond with the evil cps and did not stand up for my god given place as there gma . i will at least try to be in those kids life . oh by the way my DAUGHTER DID EVERYTHING ON HER CASE PLAN ANDSHE DID NOT DO ANYTHING TO GET THEM TAKEN . THEY WERE AT MY HOUSE WHEN SOMEONE REPORTED THEM UNSUPERVISED , WHEN POLICE CAME ME AND ALL 3 OF THEM WERE HOME DOING SUNDAY CLEANING I PISSED OFF A COP SO THEY TOOK THE KIDS THAT STARTED ROUND 2CPS TODAY TYLER WENT TO LIVE AND BE LOVED AGAIN THIS IS 1 THING IN 3 YRS I HOPE WAS IN THE BEST INTEREST .THIS IS ONE STEP TO ME BUT FOR ANY KID TO BE SEPARATED FROM THERE LOVED ONES IS WRONG AND SOMEWAY WE HAVE GOT TO GET THESE KIDS BACK HOME .I M nothing with out them but today was good for Tyler i hope he will never feel alone and unloved again

annakenc

Postby annakenc » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:17 pm

Hello all, Im a newcomer on the scene, and have enjoyed reading these posts, and hope you all are still around-this was a good topic
We live right now in a time where people have little to no connectivity to reality.
Reality is poverty and hard work. Earning your living by the land, and relating to mother earth with respect and awe.
We have reason to hope because there is ONE who showed us what depths human beings will sink to...
AND because we have a wonderful fertile, spacious land in America.
The school "education" is a fraction of what it should be, and yet carries so much more weight than it should.
Parents and no one else is solely responsible for their children's education/learning..........
this concept has been eroded bc of the public system of "compulsory" education.
Compel means to kind of try to persuade someone to do something, which is what the principal at my elementary school did with me, But never said "once you go there is no getting out". Not nice to "compel" children bf they can really reason for themselves. IMO this is exploitation of a child.
Maybe I am the only one who had that experience, and maybe I am just one of billions of americans through history that have been dealing with the result of the exploitation we encountered at a young age.
My conscience tells me this is not the "best" way to conduct a childs "education"
read more when I (hopefully) soon share my family history story about how my ggrandfather saw this monster when he lived in russia, bf he immigrated to america in 1898-also, google o'malley-
check out how the governor of MD and his wife travel to russia to get tips on how to govern...sad

The creator of this world is revealed in glory by those who read the Constitution of America. Those men communed together, and in private ponderings and in their thoughtful composition of those words, they witnessed that they themselves were not that Being, but were "scribes" who wrote advice about how to be a civilized human in this world.
Those who don't follow it have no right to use "civil" courts and gain unfair advantage by defrauding their neighbor, so dont give up on the higher power. Hang in there and participate as you can, and trust that document which is truth for humanity, and the ONE who inspired it, that force will not be defeated, much as we are not defeated. Through us, it lives and will continue as our children live to grow to be leaders, and teachers of this.
This is my hope! Blessings Parents!
No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person life, liberty or property without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Ken-JPAC

Make the snakes afraid of you!

Postby Ken-JPAC » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:03 pm

I can certainly empathize with the sentiments shared by others in this thread; but unlike many I am not one to get scared, the opposite is true. i get emboldened and want to fight when danger is near. CPS is certainly the greatest threat there has ever been to family. I n very stressful situations people enter into "fight or flight mode", from what I have been taught. i am not a counselor or psychiatric so take this as friendly musings offered by someone that has been in your shoes.

Earlier in life I learned something about myself, I discovered I HATE but do not back-down from anyone that abuses their authority..I learned this when I had a .45 cal service pistol held to my head by an out control, high ranking superior years ago. I told him he was an idiot and they'd execute him if he shot me, so he panicked and backed off....I later followed up with testimony that cost him his career and rightfully so....even though he said if I told anyone about it he'd kill me.

CPS said they had never met anyone like me and even complained that THEY were intimidated by me. They should be; where most people get scared I was holding myself back from snapping their necks when the lies, perjuries and intimidation tactics started; but they never took my child so an eye for an eye didn't even apply. I am not a violent person and have no history of violence or anger problems; this was a deep down thing, like the deep down fear you have and can keep undercover and under control. rather than buy a sniper-rifle and play "Halo-the Home-Game"; I channel this strong drive to destroy them to try to make positive changes and I will not rest until justice for myself and many others is accomplished. This system MUST and WILL be changed, at least here in Texas. I am going to do everything possible to win this war CPS started, they drew first blood by their perjuries, harassment, constant disregard for Constitutional rights and severe harm to our finances. I take Constitutional Rights VERY seriously because I have sworn to defend them on several occasion against enemies foreign and domestic; and I don't remember an expiration date on that oath!

My wife, as expected, does worry a little about CPS; but she also knows I will always protect my family. I look forward to more opportunities to greet these people at the door.

I remember something my dad used to say.."a snake is as scared of you as you are of it"...sure you've heard that before. The people at CPS aren't snakes...they are wolves..and wolves prey on fear and what the perceive as weakness; but if they don't since fear and weakness..these cowardice pack-hunters will not face you alone and keep a safe distance...they will endlessly try to MAKE you afraid or weak; but that is all the more reason to remain strong and look them in dead in the eye. The only way to intimidate these people; besides demeanor and body mass (lol) is to know your rights...backwards and forwards...to learn the process...of what they can and can NOT do...and inform them you will go up the chain of command, talk to legislators and ANYONE else in a position of authority that will listen...and recording EVERY conversation with them does a lot for you too. It is even better if you retain a calm but fierce under the surface attitude with them...they do not understand people with the ability to have strong feelings and yet be able to control it at the same time...which is why THEY LIE..they can't control their feelings of KNOWING you're guilty and can't prove it so they LIE!...and they can't deal with the fact that you don't like them because their dirtbags and that YOU (to them) are just trying to be an a-hole and make THEIR job more difficult!

MOSt people at CPS ARE NARCISSISTS! A NARCISSIST HAS NO EMPATHY FOR YOU...EVERYTHING IS ABOUT THEM!!! A NARCISSIST has NO REAL MORAL compass, they do what is they can get away with...and it goes both ways...if they think YOU like them they will break rules FOR you...really themselves to gain your friendship...and they will certainly break rules to harm you if YOU don't like them. So if you decide to be fierce or decide to try to schmooze them...schmoozing actually works better...I just can't do it because it is against my personal integrity to lie about how I feel about people...and intellectually nothing ever gets better in my opinion until somebody sets people straight anyway...but you don't have to be all about principles when CPS is trying to kidnap you child...schmoozing works better....WHATEVER you do...ALWAYS REMEMBER...the CPS person you are speaking to ONLY cares about themselves and THEIR JOB...THEIR FAMILY.. ETC They are despoerate to have people LOVE THEM...because everyone that REALLY knows a narcissist merely puts up with them...so if you use charm and schmooze...constant compliments about them and their "HONORABLE" (hack, puke, choke.. lol ) Agency will get you far with them...and if you choose to make a stand..make THAT about THEM too..their job, reputation etc etc...be warned most can't do this and keep it up.

NARCISISTS...like wolves only respect POWER/STRENGTH...as a matter of fact the worst thing you can say to a narcissist that you are in a romantic relationship with is.."I love you"...their deep self-loathing then loses any respect for you and what used to be a very loving acting person turns into a seething monster. Narcissist respect people in positions like judges...almost worship them and will repeat things they say with admiration..Narcissists are EXTREMELY cunning, MANIPULATIVE and dishonest. What I've read about them is that their 'condition" is learned early on in child hood...the speculation is that it is can be solely or caused by a combination of things...mainly childhood abuse during the 4-7 year old range...when people are starting to form social skills and the other main indicator can also be a narcissitic parent...basically the child emulating the behavior. When it's caused by abuse it was learned as a SURVIVAL strategy..that you MUST lie and say what is wanted when danger/stress threatens.

They learned to please an abusive mommy or daddy by telling them lies they thought they had to say..and became out of touch or never even truly formed WHO they are. I knew someone like this....and once you know these things about narcissists you know how to deal with them...and that you want to be around them AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE..because dealing with someone like a narcisisst or a CPS worker is EXHAUSTING...like a chess game you MUST be thinking many steps ahead of them..taking their mental problem into account..it AIN'T easy...as I 'm sure you've learned from CPS.

Like I said I'm no psych doc or therapist ..this is just friendly musings of things I've read and my own experience...and for the record we did have ONE seemingly SANE human been that we dealt with at CPS...so NOT all people are going to be like that..just the vast majority...the job seems to attract narcissists...especially the extremely manipulative ones that were abused themselves as children and want to GET THOSE ROTTEN PARENTS! This is why you either have to be able to deal with them as an authoritarian figure OR as the sweet WELCOMING and VERY complimentary neighborhood mom that offers extra niceness and attention to the poor little girl down the block....and that's part of their mindset too...ther was MOST likely SOME person in their childhood that made them feel SPECIAL...and because of that they thought they were sent from heaven! Keep that in mind to a narcissist people are usually entirely evil or entirely good to them..and it is ALL based on what they do to THEM and not other people. We all have a NORMAL touch of self love and thinking about orselves and our families; but we care for other people too...even if they don't like us, we often wish them well. I certainly don't want to kill anyone from CPS OR bear false witness against them either...and you should NOT feel guilty about pursuing TRUTHFUL justice either! We all live on the same planet...the problem is a narcissist thinks it should have been made for THEM..even though they painfully realize it was not!

DEALING WITH CPS DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT...not just hand written NOTES...those are STILL just YOUR words against theirs...RECORD EVERYTHING!!! Rather than telephone send emails whenever possible ...SAVE and PRINT THEM...especially THEIR emails. Send ALL those emails to your attorney EVERY TIME you send or receive one. AND GET A GOOD ATTORNEY...this puts a little fear in them too...if nothing else it makes these wolves behave and know they are not going to be able to devour YOUR family!

annakenc

Postby annakenc » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:45 pm

hey thank you so much kpac! i will read and reread your post (THANKS LINDA)
lots of helpful information in there which I am grateful for...that is exactly how I feel about cps, and really the analogy of a gun to the head is not altogether different than the role cps plays...curious phenomenon-these "workers" they keep calling themselves "workers" but I have yet to see them sweat! or produce anything but anguish.
i really appreciate all of the wisdom from you! so glad no one got your head! you are putting it to good use!

to the person who started this thread: I know how you feel...it's something to do with TERRORISM.
the word as defined means "to quake" or "to tremble"...that's how I get when I feel threatened....maybe there's someone who can help folks like us.

interesting kpac, the info about flight or fight! I have always been a flighter! Does that mean I am a wimp? Or a whistle blower? I definately wish I was more of the fighter...I really am not, but since I've been targeted by CPS they can't seem to stop being offended at how "resistant" I am. I justify my behavior by saying I know that I am accountable to no one but God when it comes to my child, and I resent the obnoxiousness of anyone who expects my respect without earning it by showing ME respect first. You reap as you sow...and I can tell by the way these unsocial workers behave they neither work, nor are gardeners, nor are christian. I am still investigating whether or not they can even be called human.
No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person life, liberty or property without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

debrajean

Postby debrajean » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:42 pm

Hi, I can relate to you on your feelings of PTSD. I am a grandparent and have a court date on the 12th of January, 2012 for my daughter. Even though I am taking on typing up the Declaration of Facts and the Objections Document and she has evidence to prove all the lies and allegations I have that butterfly feeling in my stomach. I have had it since late last night. I have a hard time sleeping, I get emotional, alot of anxiety. And I am so angry at CPS for all the pain and suffering they cause. Not just for me and my daughter but for her children and for all families all over this country. What an injustice that they can cause so much trauma. I don't know how they sleep at night or even be able to look at themselves in the mirror. I would not be proud if I had this kind of job where I stole children away. It's not like someone coming in and stealing a loaf of bread from you. What brings be comfort is knowing that God is aware of each of his children. I believe prayer is an actural power that is a force divinely used against those that persecute us. That through the Savior all wrongs will be made right. We have to keep fighting against evil. CPS is one of satan's influences to break the family and to destroy them. We should never stop fighting and giving up hope and keep the faith. The feelings you are feeling are real, we shouldn't let them sidetrack us so we feel defeated and beating. That's what satan want's us to do. With God all things are possible.

annakenc

Postby annakenc » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:35 pm

good words-all true...I've been saying that plenty-I know that if these people were fully aware of what is really going on in this world (and of the trouble they themselves are causing) they would PRAY. It's all one CAN do-when you think about it (when it comes to how to live in a world with all the problems we have here.) There's an old hymn "Did you think to pray" when you left your room this morning. Also, the thought keeps coming to me that they are too busy to pray...to busy earning a living that is.
And the words of Ken JPAC are so wise-what he describes so very well...the spirit of those who hate their fellow man. I wonder what it's like to be one of their children-or a pet?

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:28 pm

What they do is no different from someone abducting your children and holding them for ransom. Then, after you've paid the ransom, they don't return the kids anyway. No difference.

So, the parents and children are expected to be less traumatized just because it was done via court order?

And yes, most of the ones involved are narcissists. And they believe that their way of living is the only way to live and anyone living any different is mentally ill, trash, or both.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

mom9

Postby mom9 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:20 am

Post Tramatic Stress Disorder is a real threat for all parents in the midst of CPS trauma. It is not unusual for any victim of Cps to suffer from this.
For me the world I once knew has been turned upside down. I have been a homeschool mom for 26 years. I have always been a stay-at-home mom.I enjoyed being there for my children. I have a large family but I felt that just motivated me more to work hard for them. I wanted my children to grow to be good citizens and good people. My children were my life. We were members of Home School Legal Defense from the beginning. We aware of the turmoil CPS could cause but we never knew how hard it was until we were in the eyes of these vulture. Cps has destroyed our family and stolen my daughter with false accusations and embellished stories. I write to anyone I think could make a difference in our case and nothing happens. These people write back and always say seek legal advice. I struggle with my weight and physically feel so bad after 11 months of this torment. I try to lower the stress but with no success since the CPS are continuing their campaign against my husband and me. How can the government be so illegal and destroy it's citizens and get away with it. I would never abuse or neglect my children and neither would my husband. I long to see and hear the voice of my daughter but no visits have been allowed for mom and dad. I feel so stressed with everything. I used to dream of my daughter and wake thinking of her. I would struggle every night at the beginning. I would wake and remember she is not with us. This is just like your child has died. I am so sad.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:34 pm

11 months and no visits? Why? When did they stop? You really need to scream for visits. where are you?
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

mom9

Postby mom9 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:53 am

I am in ohio. Yes, 11 months. We have been screaming visits on paper since February. Our lawyer has not done her job.

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:07 pm

I was diagnosed with PTSD but I went around cps and saw my own private shrink and told her never to keep notes on anything I said. It was towards the end of our court case. It was really really bad for awhile. At one point before I went for help I was shaking involuntarily and could not be alone I was so on edge from everything they were doing. It was like my mind was kinda okay but my body was acting out what I would not let my mind express. I KNEW I had to keep it together mentally so I did not let my mind express it or did I express it to anyone but my body reacted even when my mind would not.

After about 6 months I did allow myself to vent with my lawyer because under the law he cannot repeat what I tell him and he spent alot of time with me as almost a councelor and I vented every rotten and angry emotion I had I just let it all out. I even went nuts for about a month as I was getting it all out. When I finally let it out tears would just constantly run down my cheeks. I slept and vented to my lawyer that's all I did for about a month. I did get anti anxiety pills and did take them during that time.

That was like a magic pill for me really. I read through some of your posts on how some of you won't t open up to anyone- that's how crazy people are made. After I got it all out of me I slowly very slowly started to go back to normal and don't carry those horrible grudges anymore. I am still very mad at CPS but I'm not shaking out of control and my behavior is normal and while we were going through this my behaviour was not normal. It helped so much. You got to find a way to vent. I don't know where I would be if I hadn't been able to trust my lawyer.

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:50 pm

Love your post Ken-Jpac. I identify with alot of what you said. That very controlled fierceness that's me and they are scared of that. When you don't let them scare you it puts a check in their spirit. They would look at me like they really wanted to do more but they just didn't dare. That righteous indignation and boldness that something wicked is being done to our babies.

I mean you mess with my kids and I will mess with you right back!!

Return to “Recovery From CPS Trauma”