I need help fast, I want my kid's home! I'm so lost!!

Network here, set up "ask the social worker" threads, post information and news of interest to social workers.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

bybet21

I need help fast, I want my kid's home! I'm so lost!!

Postby bybet21 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:17 pm

I've got CPS in my life again, they have had calls on me in the past, but when they came out they found the alligations were false. This is about the fifth time they have been to my house, but this time they have took my kids, how do I make them understand that they have taken the most two precious people in my life and when I wake up in the morning and see their faces it reminds me of my reason for being here and that is to be their mother the best way I see fit. I know I am a wonderful mother, but there is no perfect parent out there and we all have different definitions of a good parent as long as the kids are not being abused mentally or physically and they are soooo loved and noone else can give them the love that a god-given parent can. Everybody has a different definition of alot of things, but that should'nt give noone the right to come in your home and take your kids because their definition is not the same as mine!!! I'm sorry for rambling on, but I am so lost and confused right now, and I miss them sooo much I really don't know what to do. Some days I can't even get out of bed. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!

barhea7

Re: I need help fast, I want my kid's home! I'm so lost!!

Postby barhea7 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:31 am

What was their reason for removing the kids?

bybet21

Postby bybet21 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:17 pm

I live in such a small town and if you have a disagreement with someone they love calling cps or police on you, I have a text on my phone where the lady told me she was going to take me down. After I got that text 2 days later I had narcotic units is my house and they destroyed it and didn't find anything of course, now this has happened two times with narcotics, but the second time they said obviously I have upsett someone. The very next day after narcotics had came in D.H.R. showed up and of course I hadn't finished cleaning up from them destroying my house, but DHR said there was allegations made that my daughter and I was getting high together (which is definately not true). When they came in my home they had me so upsett, because they treat you like a criminal and treat you like you are stupid, but they told me they had to drug screen my daughter and me, my daughter is 17 and she had marijuanna in her system and they screened me and there was no marijuanna in my system, so that should tell them the alligations were false, but I did have nerve pill in mine that was not prescribed to me, but by no means am I a drug addict that is putting my kids in harm. My son has never even seen me drink an alcohlic beverage. I just found out I have diabetes and high blood pressure and my husband was in a car accident back in 2000 so he is on disability now and he has medical insurance & my kids, but I can't get any insurance so I started college two years ago so I can get a good job with insurance. So anyway my mom had gave me a few of her nerve medication for when I get upsett & my blood pressure goes high, I know that's illegal to take something not prescribed to you, but sometimes life throws you a curve ball and you have to do what you can until you can get to the doctor. I asked DHR to please check my levels to see I was not abusing those nerve pills my mother gave me for emergencies only.
My sons teachers said they would testify that they've never seen any signs of neglect, I've got certificates where I participate in my sons school activties.

barhea7

Postby barhea7 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:26 pm

I can't believe that!! I live in a small town too so I know where your coming from. But because you took a nerve pill.. jeeze :( I'm sure the CPS workers have done worse then that themselves.. I know of CPS workers that are pill addicts..
I am so sorry you are going threw so much.. it seems like they are out to get you when you are down. I know they are with me.
Are you able to get an attorney?
Make sure you document everything. I have a notebook just for CPS. Record any and all conversations. I have a feeling they are railroading you.. as they do with a lot of people.
I wish there was more I could do for you.. but I am learning and going threw pretty much the same bs. Hang in there.. you have support from us..

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Your daughter, at 17, is probably not going to be detained. How old is your son? Any more children? I do hope this will all blow over soon.

Please keep us informed!!
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

EricSusan

Postby EricSusan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:07 am

I feel you and my prayers are with you. I too live in a sorry corrupted nosey town and if my husband and I could have moved to Corpus last summer my 4 kids would be with me now! They will find the most ridiculous absurd reasons to take your kids and always hide behind the defense "best interest of the children" They should be thrown in prison for mentally abusing my babies! The red headed devil has a down syndrome kid and tries to act like mother of the year yet this special needs child along with her many others are NEVER cared for by her. She may spend on average 2 hours a day with they but is going to criticize me! She had such an evil agenda for me and my children that she made several mistakes. All I need is to find funding for a lawyer and she wont have that job long. You should see the smile on her face when she removes children. (Not just mine) All funded by the tax payers!!!!!

christine4

Postby christine4 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:53 pm

I am in the same position as you my kids were taken just over a month ago. And all over small town drama and screwed up immature people that think its ok to drag precious innocent baby's into it. It's ridiculous that even though I have proof that the girls that called cps on me were doing it out of spite they still wont give me my baby's but until they got that call they had no plans to take them.

Return to “Caseworkers & Social Workers”