New here

Network here, set up "ask the social worker" threads, post information and news of interest to social workers.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Kerbs86

New here

Postby Kerbs86 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:16 pm

I've thought long and hard about what I should say in my introduction. I could easily lie and say that I was a victim of CPS. Or I could pretend that a relative or friend is a victim. Or I could just lurk on the forum not saying anything at all.

I don't want to lie, and I don't want to stay silent. I'm going to be flat out and honest. I am an investigator for CPS.

The reason why I came on here is because someone told me they went online and read about their rights and what CPS does. Out of curiosity I searched around and found this site.

There's a lot of myths and inaccurate statements on the website. We don't have a quota of children we have to remove. That's a bunch of bull. CPS makes every effort to keep the child with family whenever possible. The simple fact that your child has been removed and your rights terminated is not grounds to take away a future baby if there is no threat to that future child's safety. If there is a threat, then CPS still makes reasonable efforts to do anything it can to prevent a removal.

The site also gives the misconception that you have to fight against CPS because CPS is accusing you of being a bad parent. That is another load of bull. CPS doesn't decide to come knocking on your door just because we feel like it. A person calls the child abuse hotline and makes a report. If the report meets the statutory definition in the Texas Family Code (or in whatever state you are in) of child abuse or neglect then by law CPS has to investigate.

So it is not CPS who is saying "you abused your kid." We don't say that. We get a report and we go out there to find out what happened. The only person accusing you of abuse is the person who reported you. If we find something concerning about you, we sit down talk about the concerns and handle it like adults.

Going back to what I said earlier that by law CPS has to investigate. You can fight CPS all you want, but the reality is the law states CPS has to investigate. You can either do it the easy way or the hard way, it's your choice. Know though since the law says a report must be investigated that it truly doesn't matter what you do. You will still be investigated either way if you take it to court or if you cooperate.

Another problem with the fight CPS site is it makes claims but provides no evidence to back those claims up. In one area it cites that children are 3 to 4 times more likely to be abused in the foster system. How do we know that is true? Where is the author getting the information from? I do not dispute this claim, I am simply asking for the evidence so I can see myself.

Almost done. I want to make one comment about another thing I saw in the fight CPS website. The fight CPS website encouraged people to have tape recorder handy whenever a CPS worker shows up at your door. I laughed at that. I don't give a rat's behind if I'm recorded by a person I am investigating. By policy, we have to audio record all interviews with children (yes, even if they are 17 years old.) Tape recording a caseworker is just pointless and you waste your own time by doing so. But like I said, it's your choice what you do. If you want to waste your own time and money fighting CPS then go right ahead. Note though that you are wasting your own time and money by doing so. Here's a simple illustration:

I get paid by the state. You pay the state taxes. Therefore, some of your taxes goes into my salary. We also get travel reimbursement from the state which includes payment for parking (like at a courthouse.) Therefore, part of your tax dollars are going towards my gas money.

So let's say your house is 10 miles north from my office and the courthouse is 10 miles south. I drive over to your house, knock on the door, and spend time trying to convince you by law I'm mandated to investigate a report that comes in yada yada yada. You are uncooperative, you don't give any information, yada yada yada. I spend more time trying to convince you that if there's nothing wrong you don't have anything to worry about and if there are concerns we can talk about what steps to take. You still don't let me in and I spend more time giving the oh so lovely court order speech. No? I will have to get an order? Ok! In the time it took for you to be defiant and uncooperative with me, I could have been done talking with you and addressing the allegations with you. Thus you have wasted your own time as well as your own money because I still get paid.

So I go and travel back to my office. Depending on how you were with me, I might call you a few days later and say "hey, have you changed your mind? I can meet with you at the office or I can meet with you at your house, what do you prefer?" If you come over to the office, you waste gas money because I could have talked with you at home. If I meet you at the house, you still waste gas money because you're paying me for travel, and if you are still uncooperative then you waste your time and money because I still have to investigate you no matter what.

So I spend more time writing an affidavit (henceforth known as a Motion to Investigate/MTI) about your case instead of spending time on other cases that might really need my attention. After the MTI is written I submit it to be approved. The people who approve the MTI are also paid by the state by the way. That's more money you are wasting because they are spending time looking over my case when you could have just talked to me the day I came out.

So once the MTI is approved, I have to submit it to the courthouse in person or find someone (another state worker you are paying for) to submit it for me. That is more travel time from the office to the courthouse, plus parking reimbursement if parking is not free (where I am from there is no free parking near the courthouse because it is downtown.)

Bottom line: CPS has to investigate reports that come in from the child abuse hotline. If something is found, we work with you to resolve the issue and try to find the least intrusive measure as possible. Removal is only sought as a last resort if all other options are exhausted. If I had to do a removal, I have to get approval from my supervisor. My supervisor has to get approval from his supervisor (known as the Program Director of Investigations or PDI,) the PDI has to report the situation to the Assistant District Attorney (ADA,) the ADA then reports the situation to the judge who then gives a verbal order if the situation is bad enough.

I know this is a lot to read, it took me a while to write. I hope you educate yourselves about CPS and think critically about what you are reading.

If you have any questions for me, post them. I will not respond to personal insults.

Beatthescammers

Re: New here

Postby Beatthescammers » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:45 pm

You enter this site and insulted others, but you stated that you won't respond to any insults. (You steal individuals' children on your uneducated subjective opinion and even thought most parents are not charged with criminal activity, they are not allowed to directly confront you or sue you. Yeah, you are likely employed by CPS.)

Let me explain something to you about “getting educated”. Many on this forum have more education and letters after our names than you and your scamming CPS buddies need to play Scrabble. Out of the intensity for which I despise evil, immorality narcissists, I searched for the references for which you requested. If you need assistance in understanding these references, because you likely struggled to graduate with one of the easiest degrees that any college offers, ask any posters on this forum for assistance.

Children are more likely to die in foster care.
http://www.mit.edu/~jjdoyle/doyle_foste ... 07_aer.pdf
http://law.laverne.edu/wp-content/uploa ... r-home.pdf

Children placed in foster care have more compromised developmental outcomes than children who do not experience placement in foster care.
American Academy of Pediatrics. Health care of young children in foster care. Pediatrics (2000) 109:536–39.

Children are more likely to develop Reactive Attachment Disorder in foster care.
http://epublications.marquette.edu/cgi/ ... %3A.edu%22

A child having no dominating parental figure during the early years of development may lead to a child never being able to receive nurture from any other person.
American Academy of Pediatrics.  “Developmental Issues For Young Children In Foster Care.” EBSCOhost Full Display.  Pediatrics.  106 (2000): 1146, 6p. 

Katz, Linda L, M.S.W. “An Overview of Current Clinical Issues in Separation and Placement.” Child and Adolescent Social Work  4  (1987):  209-225

A 1986 survey conducted by the National Foster Care Education Project found that foster children were 10 times more likely to be abused than children among the general population. A follow-up study in 1990 by the same group produced similar results. A 2001 study found that foster care children were more likely to have a mental health or substance abuse.
http://www.adoptioninstitute.org/FactOv ... oster.html
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2000;154:1114-1117

Despite the large number of children at high risk of poor life outcomes served by child protective services, it is unclear whether removing children from home and placing them in foster care is beneficial for children, especially for children at the margin of placement
National Research Council and Institute of Medicine. 1998. Violence in Families. Washington: National Academy Press.

Children who were placed in foster care are far more likely than other children to commit crimes, dropout of school, enter the homeless population, join welfare, and experience substance abuse problems.
Courtney, M.E. and I. Piliavin. Foster youths transitions to adulthood: Outcomes 12 to 18 months after leaving out-of-home care. Madison, WI: School of Social Work, University of Wisconsin-Madison. 1998.

According to data compiled by the Department of Health and Human Services in 1999, the rate of child maltreatment was more than 75 percent higher -- and the rate of fatal maltreatment almost 350 percent higher -- for children in foster care than in the general population.
Children's Bureau, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Child Maltreatment 1999, Reports from the states to the National Child Abuse and Neglect Data System (1999), Tables 3.2, 4.1.

Some "statistics" have been provided for you proving that you are NOT a child savior. Now it is your turn. If you are capable, try to provide factual evidence from scientific journals or university studies proving that destroying families “saves” children. You will find that there are not any.

Be cognizant that tens of thousands are working to bring awareness about the corruption of the immoral CPS logrolling industry that pays your shameful salary. I hope you are not so mentally and morally impaired that you are unable to discern the truth about your employment.
Last edited by Beatthescammers on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beatthescammers

Postby Beatthescammers » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:09 pm

In case you are too impaired to notice, Kerbs85, no one but YOURSELF is consumed with the topic of money on this forum. Parents on this forum are concerned about the welfare of their children unlike yourself who is obviously concerned about dollars. I wanted to count the number of times that the word “money”, "reimbursement", or "paid" appeared in your above post, but it is numerous and would have taken too long.

Tell us how you great you feel when you cash your paycheck (there's a favorite word of yours) which was derived from removing children from homes on subjective assessments and anonymous phone calls? Is this exciting? Are you a sadist?
Last edited by Beatthescammers on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

strawberry

Postby strawberry » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:22 pm

Hi Kerbs,

I appreciate your being honest with who you are. Count yourself blessed to not be in the shoes most of us are in. CPS was called on me. After CPS showed up at my door (and I did not let them in) I contacted a few of my friends, a current foster mother, a LOA, a few pulbic school teachers, day care provider friends of mine and a former CPS social worker (and close friend of mine) for a different state than I currently reside in. All of these people are manditory reporters, all of them have been in my home on at least a few occasions. All these people told me I should let CPS in, that they HAVE to investigate, that I have nothing to fear because I've done nothing wrong. These friends of mine are "in the system". In my experience people that are in the system really believe in it. Perhaps it's like someone who is aneorexic, others see it, but she doesn't. People in the system often don't see the corruption and damage it causes.

So Mr. CPS worker wanted to come into my home, search my home, interview my oldest 4 children,my husband and I. I told him no (I know that if I open the door to him when he doesn't have a warrant, which he didn't, I wave all rights enumerated in the constitution). From researching Oregon rules I found that cases can be dropped when letters negating the allegations are sent to the worker. I had the above friends (including the former CPS worker) send letters in support of me. CPS worker still insisted on coming into my home. Went back to the website, read that if a LOA comes into your home for his welfare check sometimes the case can be dropped. A LOA showed up at my door saying he was sent by CPS to do a welfare check. I let the LOA do his check. He said the kids are healthy and happy, there is nothing here so he sent a report to CPS requisting they drop the case as unfounded. CPS didn't drop the case. I got another call from CPS worker demanding to let him see the kids stating that he looks for other things than a LOA does. I told him the LOA said everything was fine, CPS worker didn't care. 7 months later my case is still not closed.

Can you see where this is going? If something was amiss in my home the LOA would'nt have asked CPS to drop the case. The only thing I can surmise from this is that there is an agenda, the cop assured CPS there is nothing going on, yet CPS still wants to come in and interview my kids and I?

What troubles me most is that one person can call and spew heresay and families lives are turned upside down and sometimes destroyed.

I know CPS can do an investigation if there is probable cause. Heresay is NOT probable cause. Probable cause being defined as "a reasonable belief that a person has committed a crime"."a reasonable amount of suspicion, supported by circumstances sufficiently strong to justify a prudent and cautious person's belief that certain facts are probably true".

Because so many of us have experienced similar situations as I have, we feel bitter toward the organization of CPS as a whole, not to say there aren't good CPS workers who really DO value family and want to keep them together. It seems the system is broken and DOES have an ulterior motive in some cases. From reading so many of our stories I hope you can at least see (you don't have to agree) how we can feel that way. Many of us here feel very hurt and wronged. I know I do. I've been through hell because of my experience - I did not deserve this, my children did not deserve this. I'm blogging about it so others can see the other side, can walk with my family as we went (and are still going) through our CPS journey, can feel what we felt, the fear, the pain. So before someone calls CPS on someone perhaps they'll think twice, or take a different approach to what they see as a problem in the family. You are welcome to visit my blog - I'm just getting it up, still figuring out how to use wordpress :?
http://mycpsjourney.squidtop.com/

Strawberry

Hug Your Children -- Because You Can. --Marivette Torres

facfcps

Postby facfcps » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:10 am

I'm so thrilled that an actual 'paying' cps worker [supervisor?] took the time to make comments on this forum, and in the NEW section!!
Well, let me say this: the office of our local cps office sent HEAD HUNTERS to each and every 4th level class, twice each semester, for the following 'majors:' [1] psychology, [2] sociology, [3] early education, and, [4] education, in their high hopes of obtaining a fair amount of students to do INTERNSHIP at the cps office, AND eventually be working for the state, aka, office of child protective services..
With that said, I was offered a job in the legal department of cps, as I held an associates degree in legal assisting, as well as in that 4 yr STATE college for a BA in psych and English....well, I would NOT work for cps in any capacity if you paid me a million per week (for either their legal department or any other department, especially as a cps worker);
also,
4 young women [getting off the 'welfare' system] from my psychology classes took jobs at cps, one of whom was in the foster care department; why did they decide to work for cps [these 4 did not have internship at cps]:
1) starting salary of $45,000.00, 15 thousand more than starting salary of teachers; 2) full medical benefits after 90 days; 3) 16 sick and personal days; 4) one week vacation after 6 months; 5) college incentive = state pays for higher degree [masters] (although the state pays for all government employees higher education); and, 6) A BETTER LIFE FOR THEIR CHILDREN, AS THEY HAD BEEN ON WELFARE FOR A FEW YEARS
[and this cps office loved obtaining moms coming off welfare and/or social security benefits, as the state got that lovely plan of reimbursing themselves as they hired women coming off welfare, and I know this for a fact!!!]

Well, let me say this: not one of those 4 women stayed working for cps more than 9 months!! the one who worked in foster care department actually had a nervous breakdown.

Maybe this does not go on in the state of that lovely cps worker who just joined us here, but it DOES certainly go on in my state:
cps workers are trained to lie, file false reports of abuse and/or neglect;
cps workers are threatened, just as parents, that if they do not file reports that put the parents in a "bad light," they will never be able to work anywhere else, after they get fired from cps office;
cps workers are constantly reminded [via their bi-monthly training class] to always speak in the negative in re of parents;
cps workers are constantly reminded that they have more power than: building inspectors, health inspectors/officials, fire inspectors/officials, AND police officers, and if those employees of local government officials do not cooperate with cps workers, they will lose their jobs [with just a little phone call from cps worker to supervisor, who in turn calls it's supervisor, who in turn calls the legal department]
and I've got paperwork that proves this, as well as more than 15 women who previously worked for cps in my neck of the woods.
AND although they may not need to call the building, health, or fire officials/inspectors [as it's in the best interest of the cps worker NOT to call on those officials, as they can lie some more about the state of the parent's home, ie, living in filth, having dirty apartment, and/or having too many pets, and/or having more than 2 violations of the health code, without even calling on the health department or fire department to conduct their own investigation of the home]

So a cps worker acts like a cop, pushing their way into homes of many innocent families, and act like building, health, fire officials, by exaggerating about almost everything in the home as being dangerous, violations of some code, dirty, filthy, broken, and/or not updated.

[one parent got yelled at by cps worker, because the parent did NOT have central air; exactly where is it written anywhere that a parent needs central air in the home??? Another parent got yelled at by cps worker because he did not have updated heating system in his home; cps worker wanted to know why this parent had RADIATORS. So, parent asked cps worker: If you feel that I need radiators, is there a program you can point me to where the state could put central heat or baseboard heat in my home?? The cps worker, who is SUPPOSED TO WORK WITH PARENTS, DIRECTING PARENT TO WHERE THEY CAN GET THIS KIND OF ASSISTANCE, AS BEING A SOCIAL SERVICE PROVIDER, got insulted at this parent, and stated: "Do I look like I work FOR YOU?"
indeed, cps workers do NOT work for the general public, as they are bonafide sociopaths or psychopaths, only interested in obtaining children in order for the state to receive money from the social security funds, aka, title iv whatever...

Don't believe me??? Please view DUMP STEVE LEVY on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4 ... 297&v=wall
[Steve Levy is the executor of the County of Suffolk in the State of New York]

one example:
Dan Borg More to the point, the Suffolk County Department of Social Services needs a COMPLETE overhaul from top to bottom; starting with chucking Commissioner DeMarzo. The poor, the disabled (myself) need to be treated more justly, compassionately, and WITHOUT rudeness by the high school educated "case workers" who barely are able to spell. I have a Master's in Social Work and know more than ANYONE working in my local center in Riverhead! Ultimately, Steve Levy it is YOUR FAULT.
March 28, 2009 at 6:18pm

a comment to above, by a cps supervisor of the nasty kind [had an argument with her, myself!!]:

Annette Mahoney-Cross Addressing Mr. Borg's statements below.
Yes DSS does need an overall from the top to the bottom, but your statements illustrate the public's ignorance about DSS and county workers in general.

You "case worker" at a center is actually an examiner. The title caseworker actually requires a 4 year degree and you would be surprised how many caseworkers hold advanced degrees in everything from education, to psychology and mostly social work.
As a CPS sup I have two masters degrees, one in psychology the other in social work.

Don't kid yourself that holding an MSW makes you more informed than the average center staff. Examiners are sent to many hours of state mandated training to learn the social services laws and how they are applied.

If you think you could handle it why don't you take the test to be an examiner, or even a caseworker? Daily they are cursed at, harassed and even physically threatened. Some of us have even been physically assaulted by clients.
March 29, 2009 at 5:11pm · Like ·

And enjoy this lovely comment from a lovely 'public service' PERSON [when Steve Levy sent out notices to cut the budget and employees:]

Sharon Cicero-Randazzo I have a plastic billy club on my desk at Headquarters waiting to ram it up Levys butt.. he wants to do a 2 week lag in our pay? yet he gives one of his cronies an $11,000 year raise, and starts all these new projects? where is the money he saved getting rid of Highway patrol from our roads?? in his wallet I presume.. don't get me started with Levy
March 7, 2009 at 7:26pm

Beatthescammers

Postby Beatthescammers » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:47 am

Kerbs86’s post was so disturbing that I forced myself to read it twice. I found that this individual believes that everyone must think like herself and is controlled by thoughts of money. Notice how many times she mentions something about money. It is actually quite bizarre considering the purpose of her post was to educate "dumb" families. Clearly money is a thought that occupies much of her mind when attempting to “kidnap” children.

Another impression that is easily discerned from Kerb’s post is that she is a narcissist. Kerb read the Fight CPS site and was incensed. She was angry that uninformed (read as the word "stupid") families force her to expend her precious energy. This should never happen! How dare stupid families challenge her unchecked, immoral authority! How dare anyone tape record her! How dare anyone resist her attempt to enter their home and make uneducated value judgements about their life! How dare anyone not fear and respect her! How dare anyone make her travel to the courthouse and pay a parking fee! How dare anyone make her prove her abuse/neglect accusations in court! Just roll over. Let her make all the decisions about your children so HER job will be easier! Screw your kids! This is all about HER.

Her feelings of entitlement and clear lack of understanding and empathy for her "victims" is very frightening. This is the type of pathological thought that is also seen in human predators with Antisocial Personality Disorder.

strawberry

Postby strawberry » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:55 am

Facfcps and beatthescammers,

To add to what you have said, does anyone here remember the late George State Senator Nancy Schaefer? She was a warrior who spent much of her time exposing the corruption in the CPS system. Here is a video of her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TcDTJlPWbE

Here is her report from 2007 - http://fightcps.com/2008/02/29/report-o ... orruption/

Just something else to think about.

Strawberry

Hug Your Children -- Because You Can." --Marivette Torres

rescueachild

Postby rescueachild » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:55 am

Actually Miss lady. I will have you know I am a survivor of CPS LA CA and was sexually trafficked into child porn for four years while in the care of Children's Villiage. It was far worst than anything I would have endured with my own family!!! Everyone knew and did nothing, CPS is NOT about the welfare of children. It is all about the money! Do you know Nancy Shafer? She was a US GA state congress woman who was murdered bringing this truth to light and you are trying to sit here and tell us the truth? WE KNOW THE TRUTH! We have lived it!!! Children are suffering from it and yes, title V funding is the states stimulous plan. There are thousands of stories written by reputable sources, former foster parents, and CPS workers that iterate the truth. If you want to pretend it isn't happening and do nothing to change it too, that's on you, but for us, we will continue on the fight to reform CPS.
Last edited by rescueachild on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:58 am

Hi, Kerbs. Welcome to the site. I'm glad you're here and I hope you will stay around for a while to interact with us. I would like to know more about your experiences with CPS? How long have you worked for CPS? There are so many questions I'd love to ask you, not in a hostile way, but because I would genuinely like to know the answers. For starters: Do you understand how genuinely terrifying it is for parents and their children to be faced with sudden separation, knowing that the courts and public opinion are stacked against them from the get-go? I think one of the many problems with CPS is their utter lack of empathy for what families go through when there's an accusation.

Kerbs86 wrote:I've thought long and hard about what I should say in my introduction. I could easily lie and say that I was a victim of CPS. Or I could pretend that a relative or friend is a victim.

I don't know you so I don't mean this personally, but please try to understand something. Many of us here are sadly familiar with CPS workers who lie to get court orders, lie to take children away, lie in court and damage a parent's record and reputation for life. Maybe the caseworkers we've met are the exceptions and not the norm. I hope so. But please understand that when you come to a forum full of people who've been traumatized by lying caseworkers, and admit that you yourself are a caseworker whose first impulse was to lie to us, you're confirming our worst fears. I give you credit for resisting the temptation, and I appreciate the fact that you ultimately decided not to lie. But when you read our reactions please try to understand that many of the writers here are struggling with PTSD because of your colleagues who decided not to resist that temptation.

Kerbs86 wrote: We don't have a quota of children we have to remove. That's a bunch of bull.
There are federal incentives for reaching a certain quota of adoptable children. I don't have time to research the exact source today, but if you'll check back over the next few days I'll try to find & post the info.

Kerbs86 wrote:CPS makes every effort to keep the child with family whenever possible.

The simple fact that your child has been removed and your rights terminated is not grounds to take away a future baby if there is no threat to that future child's safety. If there is a threat, then CPS still makes reasonable efforts to do anything it can to prevent a removal.

This may be true where you are. It is not universally true. I can say this with confidence because I've seen CPS do everything you say they don't do. (Two paragraphs removed to prevent identification of the author.)

I've seen a caseworker lie to and about parents to get her hands on a newborn. I've seen her violate her own department policy to make a case against a parent.
My son & his wife have been told from the beginning that "adoption would be good option for you." How? How is it a good option for a loving young mother to give up her baby because a hostile caseworker lied about her? Are these people totally without hearts and consciences? They loved this baby and would never have abused it. How can a government agent swoop in and arbitrarily decide my DIL doesn't get to keep her own child, when there is no risk to the child? How can this happen in America, of all places? Please explain it to me. I really don't understand it.

Where were the efforts to reunify? The caseworker would come up to my son outside the courtroom and make snide, insulting remarks, just to get him riled up and make him appear at a disadvantage in front of the judge. Please explain that one to me, as well. Or if you don't believe me, tell me why I would be spending my own time on this website making it up.

I will try to answer more of your claims as I have time.

I didn't start out angry, but reliving this as I type is making me angrier by the minute. I'm going to take a break until I calm down. I would really like to address more of what you have to say, because I think you may be unaware how CPS conducts itself in departments less ethical than yours. For the time being, please tell me how you can justify what was done to my son, his wife, and the baby. Yes, the baby suffered too. After spending 48 hours with its own parents, suddenly they had to leave the baby in the hospital nursery and go home without him. When they came back to visit the next day, that tiny baby had bags under its little eyes from sleeplessness due to missing them. Even the baby knew something was wrong.

A final thought: You have come to a site for trauma victims, victims of your colleagues who have not always acted according to the high standards you claim. Don't be surprised if some of our members take their anger out on you, especially since you write as though we are unfamiliar with the system and have no legitimate complaints.

(Edited for grammatical errors.)
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:01 am

One more quick thought: you wrote at length about how failure to cooperate wastes time and money--ours, and the taxpayers'.

Let me ask you theoretically: if you were falsely accused of a crime, would saving taxpayer money be a priority to you? Would you not do everything in your power to assure that your Constitutional rights were protected? With your freedom on the line, would you really help the prosecutor potentially build a case against you, just to save yourself and the taxpayer extra work and money?

If you wonder why I urge parents to say as little as possible to CPS, there are two reasons.

First, I've personally seen CPS turn an innocuous remark into "evidence" against a parent. On the caseworker's written report against my son, the only evidence she could find that he neglected his newborn was that a nurse claimed she saw my son sleeping a lot. That's the only evidence cited against him. But why was he sleeping during the daytime in his wife's hospital room? Because he was a night shift worker, and he stayed up at nights with the baby so his wife could sleep! That bit of exculpatory evidence certainly wasn't included in the report! But now he's forever branded as a "child abuser". (Do you have kids? You won't know what grief is until you see one of them falsely accused and labelled. But I sincerely hope it never happens to you.)

Now, honestly, how would you feel if you were accused of a crime, and the police used a shady trick like that against you?

Second, well, watch this video and see for yourself. It has to do with talking to the police, but I'm sure you can see how it applies to talking with CPS, especially since CPS has so much more latitude than the police.
A Law School Professor Explains Why You Should Never Talk to the Police Without an Attorney--even if, especially if, you're innocent
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:47 am

One final question for now: Kerbs86, does your name indicate that you were born in 1986? If so, you are very young. Perhaps you don't have children of your own yet, so you there are many things you don't understand about childrearing. Perhaps you hold parents to an impossibly high standard that no one could meet. I'm not holding your age against you, I'm just pointing out that young people are often unrealistically idealistic about wanting to "make a difference", or about how other people "should" live their lives. Perhaps with age and experience, you will change your mind about some of the things that seem so certain and so clear-cut to you now.

This is not being written in anger. This is written from the point of view of an older woman who has had, over time, to eat many of her own words, spoken from youthful idealism back when I saw things very differently. I'm not trying to insult you because of your age. I just hope that you won't let your inexperience, combined with the power you hold, cause you to do things you may someday feel tremendous guilt and regret over. We older folks need the sort of youthful idealism you 20-somethings have. But you, on your part, need to understand that you lack the wisdom that experience brings. Try not to be too hard on the people you investigate. Someday, you may find yourself making the same decisions they've made. Let's hope you never lose your own children for it.

Edited to better express my ideas.

HappeeBee

Postby HappeeBee » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:33 am

I am going to keep my post as short as possible due the mouthfuls given by my fellow fourm posters.

You say DCF/CPS taking kids for money is bullshit? hmm...maybe you should do Yahoo or Goggle research and read some news headliners. Maybe you should go to the FightCps site and Youtube and watch videos of ACTUAL reports of DCF/CPS misconduct (ex. wrongful removal of children, false reports, case workers with criminal histories).

You also stated that the rate of children who suffer in foster care is a lie. My kids are place with my mom and stepfather. And ever since they've been there-THEY ARE ALWAYS sick. This never happend when they were with my husband and I because we took care of them. Second, I live in the State of Florida (and I'm pretty sure other states are worse) but the abuse in Foster Care here is terrible! Not too long ago, they arrested foster parents for abusing the two childen in their care. One was murdered and the other one suffered severe burns.

I've been in Foster Care with my younger sister and brother. We were molested and abused. I cried everyday wanting to go home to my mom. I hated it and I missed her.

It's painful for my husband and I to miss visitations with our kids every week and when we do see them, our daughter cries because she stay with us. That kills us!

I am pissed off with DCF. I am taking them to trial this month on the 25th. DCF nines times out of ten does not offer family services to pererve families. DCF case workers do not commit to their responsibilities nine times out of ten. DCF lies and have in lots of case that I have read have been caught in those lies and have been sued. So before you go attacking us and saying we're full of shit do some damn research on the state agency you work for so that you can understand why so many parents are madder and hotter then hell.

carlysmama

Postby carlysmama » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:37 am

I just wanted to add what a load of bs that you're required to audiotape all conversations with children. My children';s conversations were NOT recorded on tape. You don't work for cps.

LeonardH

Postby LeonardH » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:03 pm

Wow. What a wonderful piece of AgitProp. Kerbs86 is a dream come true. CPS victims have so much pent-up RAGE that someone claiming to be a CPS agent showing up on an anti-CPS forum is like the Carnival came to town.

I do notice that Kerbs86 didn't seem to find any of the AFRA sites, and for that I am highly disappointed.

Oh, by the way, EVERYBODY call your US Representative and tell him NO on HR 2790.
http://familyrights.us/activism/hr_2790/

Some day CPS will go the way of the Nazi SS and perhaps a bunch of CPS agents can also be in prison for their FEDERAL CRIMES.
http://familyrights.us/bin/CPS_violates ... y_case.htm

Kerbs86- Got nuthin but luv for ya, you ignorant old commie skank.

Leonard Henderson, co-founder
American Family Rights
http://familyrights.us
"Until Every Child Comes Home"©
"The Voice of America's Families"©

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:31 pm

LeonardH -- thanks for the heads up on HR 2790. Will definitely get on to that one.

Big, big fan of your site. Lots of great information there.

But, commie skank? I hope not. I hope kerbs is just too young and starry eyed to realize what she's gotten into. Maybe with time she will see it for what it is.

Kerbs, you've been seduced by the Dark Side. If you care about kids, do your research, open your eyes, and then come join us in the fight.

texasstorm

Postby texasstorm » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:44 pm

Dear New Here, I only have three words for you to dismiss everything you stated, Senator Nancy Schaefer. For all of you who don't know her Google her you-tube her Senator Nancy Schaefer. Also for those of you who want verification of the money they "don't get" check out Title IV funding and the Safe Adoption and Families Act of 1997 where it states their incentive to tear families apart.

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:58 pm

LeonardH wrote:... the Federal Capital Crimes they commit against people's Constitutional Rights daily.

Kerbs, since you're new to all this, you may not understand what Leonard is talking about. He's referring to Title 18, a federal statute that makes it a crime for any government agent (including child welfare workers) to violate a citizen's civil rights under color of law. Check out Leonard's page on federal civil rights to learn more. Did your training cover any of this? If not, your supervisors have done a disservice to you as well as to the community at large.

dabrock61attnet

Postby dabrock61attnet » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:05 pm

Kerb86 - I was personally attacked by Child Protective Services with False accusations such as Visits that never happened, false accusations. It had ruined my life. I was shocked at the lies the Case Worker made up about my family and it was effident that the Judge was on their side. They decided and chose to place him with a family just because they were wealthier. Never once did they prove abuse. Before this happened to me I thought Child Protective Services was established to put the best interest of our Children first. Due to the unfairness and direct false accusations they are allowed to get away with I would never turn in a Child Neglect Claim, unless it was life or death. This Agency in my County is Corrupt. Maybe you are one of the few that really care, but most do not. CASA came to my home and wanted the Child to remain with us. After meeting with the Case Worker & her Supervisor before the Court hearing, even the Supervisor suggested we get shared custody. Ofcourse this is not what the Case Worker wanted and now my grandchild & I are victoms of the system. What happened to the Land of the Free! I pray everyday for God's wisdom & guidance as his plan will be perfect in the end!

Kerbs86

Postby Kerbs86 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:12 pm

I'm not ignoring all posts and I will eventually respond when I can. For now, I see that I made my initial post insensitive and insulting. That was not my intention. I did not intend to personally insult anyone on here, and sometimes I find myself being a bit too blunt. I apologize for being offensive. It was my intention to open the door for critical thinking and present an alternative view from the inside looking out.

LeonardH

Postby LeonardH » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:02 am

Kerbs86 wrote:I'm not ignoring all posts and I will eventually respond when I can. For now, I see that I made my initial post insensitive and insulting. That was not my intention. I did not intend to personally insult anyone on here, and sometimes I find myself being a bit too blunt. I apologize for being offensive. It was my intention to open the door for critical thinking and present an alternative view from the inside looking out.

Kerbs86- How old are you? How long have you been in the business? What's your credentials? Are you a mother?

Your answers to those questions will highly affect what I have to say next. First tip- Drop the "critical thinking" buzz words. We already know what the view is from the inside of the fishbowl, which is why HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN THERE becomes a critical need-to-know item.

I have lots and lots of answers for you.

Leonard Henderson, co-founder
American Family Rights
http://familyrights.us
"Until Every Child Comes Home"©
"The Voice of America's Families"©

facfcps

Postby facfcps » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:41 am

I do apologize for not mentioning our dearest ex Senator Nancy Schaefer, who was bashed by other senators of the state of GA, and literally was 'run out of office' due to her foothold of the corruption behind the doors of a very much corrupted government ADMINISTRATIVE AGENCY, laughingly knows as CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES [CPS].

I had so much to type, however, I knew that someone would bring up our dear Mentor, and that she would not be forgotten; actually, I did not plan to make another comment in this section, but felt compelled to another silly comment made by one who claims to have advanced college degrees and has the brass balls to claim she works for cps.
what she wrote:
Almost done. I want to make one comment about another thing I saw in the fight CPS website. The fight CPS website encouraged people to have tape recorder handy whenever a CPS worker shows up at your door. I laughed at that. I don't give a rat's behind if I'm recorded by a person I am investigating. By policy, we have to audio record all interviews with children (yes, even if they are 17 years old.) Tape recording a caseworker is just pointless and you waste your own time by doing so. But like I said, it's your choice what you do. If you want to waste your own time and money fighting CPS then go right ahead. Note though that you are wasting your own time and money by doing so.

HAD TO LAUGH??? ARE YOU SERIOUSLY DERANGED?
btw: you say, "by policy, we have to audio record all interviews"
REALLY? WHAT POLICY WOULD THAT BE??
CARE TO MENTION THE STATUTE/ LAW/ ORDINANCE/ OR, RULE??
AND PLEASE excuse me for making a personal insult to you. I would like to inform you that after representing a destroyed [by cps] mom, an attorney was actually visited by a cps worker from his local cps office, who was accompanied by two officers of the law [ie, local cops]; this visit took place after his 3 children were tucked in their beds, on a Friday night [around 8pm, seriously, you need to visit parents after dark, when children should be sleeping??]

Anyway, this OFFICER OF THE LAW, AKA, ATTORNEY, informed the cps worker and her two cohorts, that he would be more than obliged to awaken his 3 children [ages ranging from 1 through 6?] to have them speak to the officers of the corrupted kind, AND HE WOULD BE OUT OF THE ROOM AS LONG AS THEY AGREED TO BE VIDEOTAPED!! WELL, GUESS WHAT?
THEY REFUSED!
And, of course, threatened to return the very next day with a warrant of removal. The charge? Abusing the children. That's it.
No details!
And they did return the next day, only to find that the children were taken to their doctors to have complete physicals, in order to counterclaim any claims of abuse the snotty cps worker wanted to lie about.

So you can laugh yourself to the bank, miss who brags about having an advanced college degree to illegally kidnap children and lie about it in a bogus kangaroo court;
btw: how did you get your training to prepare motions and affidavits and verified complaints??? one course? two courses?
I have the legal assisting college degree, and after reading so many so called 'verified complaints' horrifically written by cps workers [in many states], I find that the writers of these so called legal documents look as if they barely passed grammar school, let alone any college!! [I was a psych major and english minor, as well as pre law in that 4 yr college, after obtaining an associates degree in legal assisting]. During the time I was a student of legal assisting [aka, paralegal], my classmates and I had to study many aspects of the laws, as well as needed to take 3 courses in legal writing, yet our government allows those who do not have any sort of legal training to write up a little affidavit [or verified complaint], which sounds more like a minute to minute report, and contains more than 10 boo boos!! [and I mean more than just misspelled words!!]

Here's something else for you to giggle to: I've listened to more than my share of recorded testimonies of so called cps workers, whilst testifying UNDER OATH, IN THAT BOGUS FAMILY COURT ROOM, and am amazed at how many cps workers don't even remember what they jotted down in their infamous verified complaints; AND, most cps workers forget the names of the children they are testifying on behalf of, on the 'witness stand,' AND don't even remember what kind of beds the children sleep in!!

I'll stop, now, but I'd love to have another one to one chit chat with yet another sociopath/narcissist working for cps!!
And, btw: I was offered a job in the legal department of the cps office on the state level; I would rather not sell my soul to the devil by working for any corrupted office in any way. I'm glad you can sleep at night, and spend time writing in a forum for families destroyed by corrupted cps workers, and have the nerve to admit you find us amusing!!
Lisa of NJ.

Nancy Hey

Postby Nancy Hey » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:29 am

Testing testing 123
Nancy A. Hey

Nancy Hey

Postby Nancy Hey » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:37 am

I'm having trouble posting here for some reason.

I can understand your desire to justify what you do for a living, but you are really not helping the children. The vast number of personal experiences of people who have dealt with CPS investigations shows that it is simply not true that CPS makes every effort to keep children with their families. The family courts are biased, and there are no juries or rules of evidence. The burden is always on the parents to prove their innocence, not on CPS to prove them guilty.
Nancy A. Hey

Nancy Hey

Postby Nancy Hey » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:40 am

The reason why most parents don't want to cooperate with CPS investigations is not because they have anything to hide, it is because the investigations ARE don in an intrusive manner to the families, by a worker who also already assumes that the parents are guilty of something.
Nancy A. Hey

Nancy Hey

Postby Nancy Hey » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:42 am

If you really want to help children, I believe you should quit your job with CPS and go into private practice doing family counseling. There are clinics that do this, or you can start your own. You might even find that the pay is better. The hours of work may be longer, but you would be doing more good for the families, and they would be more willing to cooperate with you if you were approaching them to actually help them with problems rather than accuse them of worngdoing.
Nancy A. Hey

Return to “Caseworkers & Social Workers”