Cps isn't contacting us for visitation

Network here, set up "ask the social worker" threads, post information and news of interest to social workers.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Mary Mary

Cps isn't contacting us for visitation

Postby Mary Mary » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:00 am

My three yr old grandaughter has been in fostercare for just about three months now, We had a visit July 26 of this yr. This is The last month of August she hasn't called us at all to make an app for visitation.they have done the homestudy a week a so ago, all they have to do now is look it over I'm sure everything passed she even took pictures,so why is it taking then so long to get this child out this place .

GuyForcheese

Re: Cps isn't contacting us for visitation

Postby GuyForcheese » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:53 pm

Mary,

Sounds like you need to get an attorney involved...CPS is NOTORIOUS for doing whatever they damn-well-please. They don't bother letting little things like decency, ethics or even the law get in their way of doing as much harm and as little WORK as possible...if you haven't already contacted the supervisor, do so...but usually when CPS pulls this crap there is a hidden reason, something they don't want you to know...like abuse or something that has occured in custody...of course they will just tell you how they goofed (eventually) and are so sorry for your inconvenience, with crocodile tears....they are lying when they say it, they neither goofed or are the LEAST bit sorry...these people are VERY bad actors that try to use "social engineering" to get you to do what THEY want....and the whole idea that it's in the "best interest of the child" is the BIGGEST lie around...except for maybe calling it Child PROTECTIVE SERVICE!

My advice...find SOME way to get an attorney...CPS CAN NOT BE TRUSTED!!! I'm sorry if this scares you a little...but really it should scare the crap out of anyone...GET AN ATTORNEY! I know of people that almost lost their child..even though NO evidence of abuse or neglect was EVER found...but because it was the THIRD time CPS decided to harass them and they were tired of just signing service plans..even thought the investigations prior were "ruled out"...i.e.//CPS admitted NO ABUSE had occured...and yet they STILL had to sign a service plan each time??? This is about NOTHING more than MONEY for these people!! And they usually get underperforming fresh college grads that are naive and easily intimidated into what CPS wants them to do! PART of the reason CPS is so bad is because jobs are hard to find...and some people are desperate enough to crush their ethics/morals for a paycheck...bad things is..you can never go back and they become the sociopathic monsters that continue to feed the system...unoless they have a REAL conscience and finally leave...the irony is those are the ones we NEEDED to stay...so all that is left now is a bunch of socipathic narcissists!

GET AN ATTORNEY!!!

brokenhearted

Postby brokenhearted » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:34 pm

I think the rule is children under 12 i think visitation is required 2 hrs a week and for teenagers it is one hour a week. mine have been stolen for 9 weeks now and i have only had 3 visits that total 4 hrs. and they are messing with my children.
Thank you and May God bless.

safewaygirl

Postby safewaygirl » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:26 pm

VISITS ONLY OCCUR IF ITS COURT ORDERED. DO YOU HAVE A COURT APPOINTED LAWYER? DOES YOUR COURT ORDER SAY 2 HOURS A WEEK? JUST SO YOU KNOW THE MIN IS 2 HOURS, IF THE COURT ORDER DOESN'T SAY 2 HOURS OR LESS THAN YOU CAN GET MORE THAN 2 HOURS A WEEK. tHEY ONLY DO 2 HOURS A WEEK BECAUSE THE DEPARTMENT DOESN'T WAN TO PAY MORE MONEY FOR A VISIT SUPERVISOR. TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR OWN HOME AND VIDEO TAPE YOUR HOME. WHERE THE CHILD WILL SLEEP, WHERE THE CHILD WILL EAT, THE BATHROOM THE LIVING ROOM ECT.... TRUST ME YOU DO NOT KNOW CPS, IF THEY HAVEN'T PLACED THE CHILD IN YOUR HOME ALREADY THEN SOMETHING IS WRONG. FIGHT CPS ITS YOUR ONLY CHANCE.

mamalion

Postby mamalion » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:16 pm

we got 1 hour 4 times a week, you need to fight for more

Return to “Caseworkers & Social Workers”