what is the purpose of a tdm meeting

Network here, set up "ask the social worker" threads, post information and news of interest to social workers.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

koolcat

what is the purpose of a tdm meeting

Postby koolcat » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:50 am

what is the purpose of a tdm meeting if without any new allegation an administrative decision by one can overule all of the signaturesfrom the entire panel yu sit with to come up with a case plan can be changed by that one administrator ? if thats the case why isnt that person there for the tdm ? and why does my signature bind me , but dcps unit doesnt have to follow that same rule isnt that illegal .... all i kno is i hope i can find an attorney that can help me sue the crap out of this dept and make a positive change for families like mine in the future cause this is wrong !

Daruma

Re: what is the purpose of a tdm meeting

Postby Daruma » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:59 am

I know, it's very frustrating that accused parents have to follow the law, but government bureaucrats can make it all up as they go along. I wish you success with your lawsuit.
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

LynMCo

Postby LynMCo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:01 pm

Although officially TDM's mean Team Decision Meeting. Due to my experiences I consider them to be To Attack, Demean, Manage (as in control) sessions!

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:32 pm

Torture, Deception and Manipulation.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

LynMCo

Postby LynMCo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Good one Eljay! Yes, that about describes them! The 2 I had personal experience with left me feeling like the lowest piece of crap! Yes, they make a big thing about, "we're not here to attack anyone, blahblahblah,..." Bullshit!

Sleepingbear

Postby Sleepingbear » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:13 pm

Team meeting? Way to get info from you lie and cause you to get upset another way to screw you is what team meeting is

KDus

Postby KDus » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:26 am

I was only involved by phone, not allowed inside, which shows how important I was to the team. I simply announced my objections where appropriate.
Like any other action, it will be used to further the CPS narrative, regardless of your words.
They get to help each other rationalize what they are doing by surrounding themselves with people that agree; and fulfill a requirement of the process while doing so.

Return to “Caseworkers & Social Workers”