CPS should have Licensed Social workers

Network here, set up "ask the social worker" threads, post information and news of interest to social workers.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

krytter

CPS should have Licensed Social workers

Postby krytter » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:23 pm

I went to school to be a social worker an droped out knowing the social lies that you have to tell in order to keep your job. During school, I noticed the heavy recruitment for fresh blood out in the CPS filed which is the only agebcy that does not require their social workers to carry a license in order to maintain employment. Why? well think about it if they have to lie they would lose their license and their job with the state or county they are working for at the time. Lets talk to our legislatures to get these CPS social workers Licensed so they dont feel they have to lie because they do not have an official license to get a social worker job anywhere eles.

fatherofthree

Re: CPS should have Licensed Social workers

Postby fatherofthree » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:06 am

I believe the investigators should have criminal justice backgrounds and not be social workers. The investigator is there to determine if there are grounds for concern or not. They are not there to social work. The social workers should come in AFTER the case is investigated if there is a need to stay in the families life.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney and am not providing legal advice.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:53 pm

CPS workers don't have to be licensed social workers but the Feds still require them to be bound by Code of Ethics
of the National Association of Social Workers....

If your state allows, record them and file grievances
for each and every Ethics violation....

1. It will help in your case if you need to Appeal CPS's decision..

2. It will become part of their permanent employment record, making it harder to get pay raises or promotions..

http://www.naswdc.org/pubs/code/code.asp
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

ngum3

Postby ngum3 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:17 pm

The so-called social worker I know of at CPS is not licensed at all with the state, so can't legally call herself a social worker-but she does. She also has a felony conviction in her past. Weird, huh?

fatherofthree

Postby fatherofthree » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:12 pm

ngum3 wrote:The so-called social worker I know of at CPS is not licensed at all with the state, so can't legally call herself a social worker-but she does. She also has a felony conviction in her past. Weird, huh?

If they have a felony conviction, you should file a complaint with whatever agency that is.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney and am not providing legal advice.

sheseekstruth777

Postby sheseekstruth777 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:53 pm

I don't care about if they are licensed or not. If they were all licensed that would just give them more ammunition, "I'm a LICENSED case worker and I know best for your family".

Return to “Caseworkers & Social Workers”