Nebraska's foster care review Board director fired!

Network here, set up "ask the social worker" threads, post information and news of interest to social workers.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

tonijo22

Nebraska's foster care review Board director fired!

Postby tonijo22 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:33 pm

The Foster Care Review Board's removal of Carol Stitt as executive director could help push forward a legislative bill that could cause the board's demise. Could someone please tell me what the h*ll that means exactly? The news reports only said that Carol Stitt, who served as director for nearly 3 decades was forced to resign by a unanimous vote. No other info has been given. I was always under the impression that Carol Stitt was very corrupt in getting as many kids in foster care as she could and quickly have them adopted out for the federal money. If this is true, he board was behind her. Especially, since she'd been there for 29 years. Why fire her now? In 2009 she was suspended for a couple of months for campaigning for Tom Osborn at a....I don't know state or federal event?? Is this a good or bad thing for Nebraska? It worries me, especially with Nebraska's past of satanic ritualistic torture and sex ring involving children of orphanages, boys town, and foster homes. ie The Franklin Credit Union Scandal and cover up.

Eljay

Re: Nebraska's foster care review Board director fired!

Postby Eljay » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:25 am

I was/am also frustrated by the secrecy of the whole thing. Everyone they interview has GLOWING praise for the woman, but she's being strong-armed into resigning? Seems she was a real proponent of *protecting* children in foster care, especially when nobody would do anything to investigate (see this: http://www.american-buddha.com/franklincoverup.5.htm )

I dunno... maybe she expensed a set of golf clubs (it can happen... I had an employee do that one time!!!!).
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

tonijo22

Re: Nebraska's foster care review Board director fired!

Postby tonijo22 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:13 am

Thanks for your response. I've read the book by DeCamp. I personally think she was just covering her butt. She didn't do anything until she was asked. And, not by a child. She knew about her foster homes. The Webbs were able to get approved to foster through higher channels making a phone call. Mrs. Webb was a cousin of Mrs. King. The main reason for their approval was to use the foster kids in the sex ring. So she knew!! The press and everyone else paint such a pretty picture of her. But, read the comments in the local articles. Everyone else knows better. Even the caseworkers under her and now saying what she's really like.

Return to “Caseworkers & Social Workers”