ICPC Coming to end date and no services yet? Jv180 Petition?

Network here, set up "ask the social worker" threads, post information and news of interest to social workers.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Awysmommy33

ICPC Coming to end date and no services yet? Jv180 Petition?

Postby Awysmommy33 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:34 am

I live in Idaho but California has jurisdiction and that is where My son is in fostercare. My home was approved for placement by Idaho and an ICPC was established. The judge ordered intensive visits occur so my son could be placed with me before August. however the social worker is only allowing me to see my son supervised for one hour once a month where I have to fly down to california and back. The ICPC is closing soon on August 3, 2016. Im wondering if the ICPC closes what will happen next? I've asked my attorney public defender to file a JV180 petition for placement but he refuses. I was going to file my own petition but don't know if it is worth the time if I'm just going to be denied. They have no concerns . I've completed their case plan and I want things to move more quickly but the social worker will not do anything unless it's ordered by the judge? Any advice?

NYCStarmom

Re: ICPC Coming to end date and no services yet? Jv180 Petition?

Postby NYCStarmom » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:18 pm

:oops: These money hungry cold hearted professionals have no heart . The best advice is recuse your attorney off your case and go in pro - se and represent yourself. Document all tickets for traveling , record all visits , record the case planners , keep all paperwork . Don't sign anything not in court in front of the judge.

These attorneys lie and swindle . Make them put everything they tell you in writing. Hope this reaches you .

ckyoungblood

Postby ckyoungblood » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:51 am

Oh yes you SHOULD AND MUST file your own pleadings/paperwork in Court!!!!
Mandatory!!

1) You get nothing without asking;
2) Regardless, if you're denied, at least asking creates a documented RECORD of the wrong and/or harm that has been done to you;
3) Such filing may create or result in an appealable issue;
4) Filing and taking the issue before the Court, exposes the actions, omissions, and/or other wrong doing being done by anyone involved (i.e. cps worker)

And the list could go on, but you get the point and key lesson...

ckyoungblood

Postby ckyoungblood » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:58 am

And don't worry about the appointed counsel, don't let that stop you from filing anything you want and/or raising any issue, or asking the court for anything, etc.

I'd not worry or bother with the appointed lawyer, and if me, I'd tell them "hey, if you're not going to help me and my children by doing your job, then I'll do it myself"

Oh, and you had better have already received a copy of the entire case, every record/report and piece of discovery that exists, FROM your lawyer, if not DEMAND IT. You not only deserve such but NEED SUCH. If you are unlucky as to have a bad egg lawyer who refuses to provide a copy of the case and all discovery and gives nothing but excuses and intimidation, then you will have to address your lawyer problem(s).

Btw, what County in CA?

KDus

Postby KDus » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:03 pm

In the end, you'll want to know you did everything you could have; regardless of the outcome.

And, no, the worker won't do anything that they aren't forced to do.

Return to “Caseworkers & Social Workers”