Class Action Lawsuits

If you're a volunteer class action lawsuit coordinator for your state, start a thread here and in the message area for your state. We need fifty coordinators... one for each state. If there's already one for your state you can volunteer to help or just post that you want your case considered for inclusion in the lawsuit.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

rileys mommy

Re: LAW SUIT

Postby rileys mommy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:43 am

TPACK wrote:HOW DO I FIND OUT IF THERE IS A LAWSUIT PENDING IN MY STATE I LIVE IN WEST VIRGINIA. IF NOT HOW DO I START ONE.
THANK YOU
[email protected]

I too want and need to join any actions against cps. I live in Missouri and they have stolen my 2 year old without any charges brought against me.

LindaJM

Re: Class Action Lawsuits

Postby LindaJM » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:31 am

To start a class action you'll need an attorney willing to take on the task. Start by interviewing attorneys to let them know what you need. You may have to interview quite a few before you find the right one to take on a class action project.

In the meantime, start a class action thread in your state's area of this message board so people in your state can join you in working on the project.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

sydtansam

Postby sydtansam » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:31 am

I will do anything I can to help, Please. I'm in burnet Texas. :( I have tried so hard just to find a lawyer for my own children. I m tired of spinning my wheels,and getting nowhere, been doin this for 2 years now, Im exausted and MAD!!!! Why cant we get a group of lawyers to work on the suits? PLEASE!!!

suecats

Postby suecats » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:01 pm

I'm an attorney from Southeast Texas working with a group from New York that is attempting to bring a class action suit here in Texas against CPS on behalf of kids in foster care who have been abused, overly-medicated, ignored. You all know the story. We are looking for a "named plaintiff"...a kid who has been in foster care for at least 2 years and suffered from it. Sadly, the more tragic the story...the better it would be for the case.

Please, please, please...if you know of a child....they must still be in foster care...put their story up here so I can read it. I may contact you further if the case fits what we are trying to do.

hope

Postby hope » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:12 pm

suecats wrote:I'm an attorney from Southeast Texas working with a group from New York that is attempting to bring a class action suit here in Texas against CPS on behalf of kids in foster care who have been abused, overly-medicated, ignored. You all know the story. We are looking for a "named plaintiff"...a kid who has been in foster care for at least 2 years and suffered from it. Sadly, the more tragic the story...the better it would be for the case.

I may contact you further if the case fits what we are trying to do.

http://www.hope4kidz.org/pdf/ChildrensRights.pdf

Children's Rights filed the suit in Corpus Christi against the State of Texas and six children are listed as plaintiffs. We are keenly aware this will not fix the system, but just maybe, CPS can be made to review the cases of children who are sitting in foster care with no place to call home; the children want to go home, and abuse was never alleged.

I saw a friend's two sons on the adoption web site and it is sickening that these boys have lost over four years of their childhood to foster care. There was no reason to take the boys to begin with. Why not return them? I know.. but still..

dabrock61attnet

Postby dabrock61attnet » Sat May 14, 2011 6:30 am

Is there a link to find out of Class Action Lawsuits against Child Protective Services? How do we get one started?

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sat May 14, 2011 4:48 pm

I don't know of any links that would help find class action lawsuits that have been filed against social services.

To start one, you would have to find other parents in your state with similar issues, then the group of you would have to find a lawyer willing to represent you.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

rishelle hartman

Postby rishelle hartman » Sun May 15, 2011 11:35 am

What about a class action in Michigan? is there already one? I would love to sue cps. how do i get started? is their a book for this?

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon May 16, 2011 10:47 am

Here's a book on class action lawsuits - for beginners... so hopefully it isn't too complex. I should probably get a copy to read, since this topic comes up so often.
http://www.amazon.com/Actions-Multi-Par ... 314172246/

It should be easy to connect with other MI victims of CPS as I hear from them so often! If you would like to spearhead a class action effort in your state you can write an article about it for the front page of FightCPS and I'll post your email address for people to write to about it. You might want to get a separate gmail email address just for this purpose.

You might also want to ask attorney Janet Frederick Wilson about this as she's an expert on CPS litigation in your state. http://www.janetfrederickwilson.net/ ... I heard she wrote a book, The FIA Game, but I haven't seen it.
Sample Document Library

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon May 16, 2011 1:54 pm

I just started a new message area for Class Action Lawsuits and am now looking for fifty volunteer coordinators, at least one for each state. Big job, so consider carefully whether you want to volunteer.
Sample Document Library

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon May 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Today I started a new Squidoo page - on How to Start a Class Action Lawsuit !!
Sample Document Library

Karenmj0814

Postby Karenmj0814 » Thu May 19, 2011 4:40 pm

My name is Karen Edwards and I would like to volenteer to lead a class action suit in the state of Virginia. I am currently being plagued by CPS who have taken my son away from me after the death of my daughter. My husband is currently arrested and facing the charges of negelgant homicide even though he is innocent! I may never get my son back and any children i were to have from here on would be seized by the government. This needs to STOP! So I would like to do everything I can for the cause. Thank you.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sun May 22, 2011 9:03 am

Karen, we need a new thread to let people know you're the class action coordinator for Virginia, so I'm moving your post...

Here's your thread: viewtopic.php?f=106&t=10564

Thanks for volunteering!
Sample Document Library

myfamilywasdestroyed

Postby myfamilywasdestroyed » Thu May 26, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi LindaJM,

I am new and my login name is myfamilywasdestroyed. I have posted my first message to the new announcement section and its title was "Need an attorney to sue CPS". I do not know how my new message can go to the members for them to see my message, so I posted this message to try to draw your attention.

Thank you.

from myfamilywasdestroyed

starla.anderson77

Postby starla.anderson77 » Thu May 26, 2011 10:12 pm

Hello All,

I just joined this forum so sorry that I am posting my story on this thread but I couldn't figure out how to start a new one. Reading stories on here makes me sad and my heart goes out to the families who are dealing with false allegations. I am hoping I can get some advice as I have been running around in circles, attorney after attorney and seem to be getting no where. My story is a bit long but in a nut shell, my ex's wife keeps calling cps on me and I have in writing that she was a part of cps calls. I have had attorney supena cps to release names but cps claims that her name isn't on any of my reports and I don't believe that because my ex's wife already admitted to it during an online conversation with someone which now she says she made all that up. Maybe she did it anoymously or had someone else do it. I am not 100% sure but I know I am so tired of this game and my oldest son who is 15 is a bit tired of the cps interviews. My 10 year old wonders why they ask so many dumb questions. My 3 year old soon will wonder why case workers keep coming to his daycare thinking mommy is hurting him. Is it really fair for cps and my ex's wife to keep harrassing even my children? What can I do? I am in Fort Worth, TX.

pop

Postby pop » Sun May 29, 2011 4:26 am

hi to all my question is there a statue of limitations on this.........

INEED HELP

Postby INEED HELP » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:19 pm

I would like to start one in my state please Can someone help me get it started, and my sister said she would help if we can find ppl in our state Its KENTUCKY

Return to “Class Action Lawsuits”