I am fighting the best I can

Drug abuse, treatment, research, and laws.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

imm

I am fighting the best I can

Postby imm » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:17 am

My case has been going on with CPS since 2009. I was seeking help with my problem and CPS makes my life a nightmare. In 2011 I was told that I had to move out of my home, leave my parents and my youngest daughter. I got her back in 2012 and then CPS came and took her again and in March 2013 I had been threatened that they would file endangerment charges on me if I didn't relinquish my rights. I have grandchildren and I was scared that I would never get to be around them, so I signed. I have been in a state of depression that is unbearable. I appealed my decision, I tried to find a lawyer that would help me get her back, but she wanted 10,000.00, I don't have that kind of money. I tried to write a brief, didn't do such a good job though. I am waiting on the decision, and if they deny me then I am filing a Petition For Review. When this all started I had no idea what CPS was all about, corrupt. I have since learned a lot but by no way have the knowledge that I need to have and do this right. I have been lied to, threatened, and told that I would never get her back. I refuse to give up, my little girl is a blessing to me and my family. I haven't seen her since May 1 and I sent her a birthday present and it was returned to me. The Cps caseworker was totally rude to me when I called her to see if myself and her sisters and grandparents could see her on her birthday, and since I got the present back, I'm pretty sure the cards and letters that I had sent her never got to her. My parents health has gotten bad and they are depressed, she is the world to them. Her sisters give me lots of support but I am getting worse everyday, I cry all the time, I can't sleep, I just pray and try to keep the faith that God will restore my family back to me, the way that he intended it to be. I know I have made some mistakes but I have my problem under control and I want my daughter back home.

LindaJM

Re: I am fighting the best I can

Postby LindaJM » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:12 am

I'm sorry... but when you relinquished your rights, that probably gave them the legal right to adopt her out to someone else, or at least try to. So there's no reason to expect that they will ever let you see her or give her gifts you send. It sounds like they frightened or coerced you into signing that without really realizing all that it meant.

I'm concerned about you and your family because of the depression. Are you following a spiritual path? Do you have a pastor or friends that can help you thought this?

I was recently separated from a man I had a long term relationship with and have been going through a lot of grief because of that, and am relating this to my own suffering. I couldn't have gotten through it so well without my church, and I wonder how anyone could. Even with this, I often feel deep depression and anguish... and I was the one who wanted the separation... because he was emotionally/verbally abusive.

I don't think there's anything I can say about the case, and what happened, that will give you the comfort and love you need right now. Possibly an attorney could help if you were able to prove that you were coerced, or you didn't know what the papers meant. I hope your brief and petition for review will help, and admire you for continuing to try to remedy the situation.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

thepenguinpitt

Re: I am fighting the best I can

Postby thepenguinpitt » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:48 pm

If you were threatened while in the process of signing papers you can claim you signed them under duress. If a judge finds this to be true you can get the papers thrown out as evidence.

Return to “Drug Related Cases”