is this true?

Drug abuse, treatment, research, and laws.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

angelfire

is this true?

Postby angelfire » Thu May 15, 2014 9:20 am

hello. i had a cps scare about a year and a half or so ago and found this website which is a god send by the way!!!! anyway i got lucky and they decided there was no need for further investigation. but in that time i did alot of research to educate myself. and i am glad i did because what you dont know will hurt you. i am actually here today on behalf of a good friend of mine. she does not have a computer or internet. her kids were removed in march because her husband wanted to hurt her cuz shel wont take him back. he was very abusive. they drug tested her and she came back positive for meth. negetive for pot. at the time she was smoking weed very regularly so i dont know how that is even possible. they gave her husband four days notice before drugtesting him so of course he came back clean. they placed the kids with her husbands mother and have temp removed both of their rights pending the investigation. but the father lives with his mother so i dont understand how they could place the kids with her. i thought there were rules against parents living with the children. or even seeing them without permission. another thing, they said they cant place the kids with her mother [b]because she does not have enough drug knowledge! what the heck is that about?[b] she has been doing all the classes they told her to do and has not smoked anything at all since all this started. but she popped positive for pot day before yesterday. it makes me wonder if they are tampering with the tests. how would you find out if they are?
i dont know some of this stuff does not add up. i am getting together with her in a couple hours and im gonna show her this website and how to become a member. any advice you can provide would be much appreciated. thank you very much and have a nice day. looking forward to hearing back from you.

family_man

Re: is this true?

Postby family_man » Sat May 17, 2014 7:44 am

The mother should consider getting her own drug tests from an independent tester. Also she must understand the importance of remaining completely drug-free if she wants to get your child back. Placing the child with the mother is understandable, because unless I'm mistaken, there is no physical evidence of his abuse, but there is evidence of her drug abuse. Were there any police records pertaining to the abuse, or is it just her word against his?
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

Return to “Drug Related Cases”