Over the counter drugs and perscriptions!! MUST READ!

Drug abuse, treatment, research, and laws.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

fightingmom

Over the counter drugs and perscriptions!! MUST READ!

Postby fightingmom » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:35 pm

I been dealing with CA DCFS now for awhile! It hasn't been an easy road but I'm a fighter! I'm also a district coordinator for Parentalrights.org so DCFS really doesn't like me!! Now with that being said I recently had my youngest taken bc they said the father came back positive for meth. I can assure you 100% he wasn't positive for any drugs! As a matter of fact the judge clearly stated neither parent was order to do any classes or needs to do drug testing. DCFS didn't like that at all so they kept harassing both of us! So finally he said "fine Ill take one drug test just to shut them up and for them to stop harassing me." BIG MISTAKE!!! it supposedly took 2 weeks to get results of a positive test. Well me being the researcher that I am I started day and night looking into this. Here's what my research and diligence learned.

1) DCFS does urine test! Theses test show results immediately not 2 weeks later!

2) On the FDA website itself it clearly states that urine test are not 100% accurate even if done in a professional laboratory.

3) FDA website also states there are many over the counter and prescription drugs that will give the results of a positive drug test. (EX. nightquil will show positive for meth and so will ephedrine. WHY? well its also the main ingredient used to make the drug meth. Another prescription drug Amoxicillin which is a VERY common antibiotic will show up as positive for cocaine. There are also many over the counter drugs that will show up as positive for LSD! Some other things listed are sinus medications, nasal spray even tylenol)

Now this all may sound crazy and very surprising it was for me. But after weeks of researching etc I can assure you its 100% true! You can go to the FDA website yourself and read about it. Also google "what can make a false positive drug test" many researches and experiments have been done to prove this.

LindaJM

Re: Over the counter drugs and perscriptions!! MUST READ!

Postby LindaJM » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:14 pm

It sounds like they may have targeted you for a false drug test. What are you planning to do to fight this charge in court?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

fightingmom

Postby fightingmom » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:23 am

Not only did I research research and yes research I studied the FDA website and search for similar cases on here and the web I have appealed it and am still waiting for that court date! I will definitely keep you posted on the outcome.

*Lady Liberty

Postby *Lady Liberty » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:30 am

This is why they use the drug tests. It is a "gotachya." If you miss a test, they claim a false positive. It is ridiculous. ANY TIME you are on medication you should disclose so they do not distort this. If I had a baby aspirin or a poppy seed muffin- anything that could distort the test, I was sure to write it down on the sealed package, and later email to the case worker.

They will also try and switch tests. You must watch them seal it appropriately. Do not leave or turn your head until they do.

*There is a way to have the lab re-test it. You have to do it before they damage the specimen.* Find out the lab itself and make contact and tell them you challenge it. With more extensive testing they should be able to determine what medication was used.

Unfortunately, without this they have found the spark that will ignite the fire.

They will use this to re-test you and the children. There is a storm brewing. Gear up now. Has your husband taken drug tests for his work, get a record if so. Can you afford a hair follicle test? Do it. I don't know how long meth is supposed to be in someone's system, but if its like marijuana and is a lengthy time, having a consecutive clean test will help prove that the test is faulty. Take your research a step further to disprove them. Get your recorder. Get your notebook. Read the statutes, and Administrative Code, get their handbook. Get a video recorder if you can for the house. Get statements from the kids' doctors, and teachers, coaches, etc. Have a list of family members the kids can stay with. Teach your kids that they do not have to speak to them without a parent. Teach your kids to stand strong-CPS is not above anything, including intimidating the children. If they are in school, let the school know that CPS does not have the right to violate your 4th Amendment Rights and they cannot allow access to your child during school, put this in writing. Make sure your ducks are in a row.
Last edited by *Lady Liberty on Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

*Lady Liberty

Postby *Lady Liberty » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:06 am

Also, you said that you have been dealing with them for a while, but I am not sure in what capacity, so I am just covering the basics.

They may come with the police. If they don't have a warrant, you do not have to let them in (ask them do you have a warrant? Can you at least hold it up so that I know you are not lying and tricking me into violating my rights? physically stand in the door way or if you have a screen lock it, if you don't have a screen door and can get one I recommend that you do.)

If they don't have a warrant and they intimidate you into opening the door, say (on camera) I am opening my door in duress.

Talk as little as possible. Acknowledge their allegations, and stop talking.

DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING. If you are intimidated into doing so, write UNDER DURESS. If you are not able to write UD.

I had printed and copied a list of my Bill of Rights and highlighted the ones they were violating and taped it to the door.

I also had an envelope that said, Police, take one on it. Inside was my attorneys number, a note stating that they have no probable cause that my children were in any danger, that all of my children's needs were taken care of and that I did not need assistance from the State. I included any other pertinent information in there, and asked that they leave a card.

I put a no trespass sign up on my lawn.

I don't know your state laws, but to cover my basics I made a sign and put it in the window that if they came onto my property they would be recorded.

At one point during my custody dispute with my ex, my house was literally surrounded with police, front, back, and side. The Chief came out. While they banged on my doors threatening to break them down and arrest me, and they were pretty good at painting a visual. Thank goodness I had heavy iron screens with bolts, and real wood doors. They shone their flash lights in the windows to prevent me from recording them. This lasted for a couple of hours. I could see the Chief reading the papers I left outside, under the light of their trunk. Eventually I heard one by one the doors slam as they left. That was just one of the many battles, but it kept them at bay that day.

*Lady Liberty

Postby *Lady Liberty » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:42 am

*Lady Liberty wrote:Also, you said that you have been dealing with them for a while, but I am not sure in what capacity, so I am just covering the basics.

They may come with the police. If they don't have a warrant, you do not have to let them in (ask them do you have a warrant? Can you at least hold it up so that I know you are not lying and tricking me into violating my rights? physically stand in the door way or if you have a screen lock it, if you don't have a screen door and can get one I recommend that you do.)

If they don't have a warrant and they intimidate you into opening the door, say (on camera) I am opening my door in duress. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg2b2GmrAzA

Talk as little as possible. Acknowledge their allegations, and stop talking.

DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING. If you are intimidated into doing so, write UNDER DURESS. If you are not able to write UD.

I had printed and copied a list of my Bill of Rights and highlighted the ones they were violating and taped it to the door.

I also had an envelope that said, Police, take one on it. Inside was my attorneys number, a note stating that they have no probable cause that my children were in any danger, that all of my children's needs were taken care of and that I did not need assistance from the State. I included any other pertinent information in there, and asked that they leave a card.

I put a no trespass sign up on my lawn.

I don't know your state laws, but to cover my basics I made a sign and put it in the window that if they came onto my property they would be recorded.

At one point during my custody dispute with my ex, my house was literally surrounded with police, front, back, and side. The Chief came out. While they banged on my doors threatening to break them down and arrest me, and they were pretty good at painting a visual. Thank goodness I had heavy iron screens with bolts, and real wood doors. They shone their flash lights in the windows to prevent me from recording them. This lasted for a couple of hours. I could see the Chief reading the papers I left outside, under the light of their trunk. Eventually I heard one by one the doors slam as they left. That was just one of the many battles, but it kept them at bay that day.

Familyrights1st

Postby Familyrights1st » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:45 pm

Cps lies about test results.
Question did you ever see the results as in the print out from where you took the UA?
If they can't get a dirty test they will make one, my advice would be video yourself testing with a test strip found in head shops everywhere and keep On hand for proof.
Also if they request a follicle test , that is against the law you do not have to submit.
Contact the testing facility and ask for your results.
Remember get copies of all tests and results,I wouldn't be surprised if they were unable to produce them.

rembenso89

Postby rembenso89 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:56 am

They just took our daughter a week and a half ago saying my husband was hot for bath salts of all the stupid things. We are recovering addicts, opiates, and were taking small amounts of suboxone on a tapering schedule. In treatment for recovering addicts we are taught to be honest about our addictions. My husband was the one who was home when CPS showed up on Christmas Day with a police officer in tow. He was alone as I had our three year old with me at a family Christmas dinner. He didn't know how CPS is and so he allowed them in the house and allowed himself to be tested. They were pissed that his test only came back hot for 3 nanograms of marijuana because according to the caseworker he was obviously highly intoxicated due to his shakey hands and emotional state. Who wouldn't be? It doesnt help matters that my husband is sleeved out, bearded, and extremely anti-social with anxiety issues. Needless to say they were back in a few days for another test. They came back every couple weeks andtested him. The two after the first one were completely clean, then they show up last Monday and detain my child because they say he had bath salts in his system. After three tests, one with 3 nanograms of marijuana and two completely clean. We've been discriminated against because we are recovering addicts and my husband is scruffy to say the least. We enrolled ourselves into an iop treatment program the day after they detained our daughter, we have started going to our doctor after every screen they give us for a urine screen paying for it ourselves (in our state CPS uses saliva screens) so we have back up if they try to pull the s*** again and we made it perfectly clear to FCM C*** Face that we are doing so from now on. We had court today and based on everything we have done and are continuing to do the judge extended our hearing for another three weeks because she knows CPS has messed up all over this case. That doesn't change the fact that I see my three year old for one hour twice a week and she screams for us and refuses to leave and then when we talk on the phone she keeps saying she's sorry like she's done something wrong. This office has traumatized my child because they got pissed they didn't have s*** on us even though we admitted we were recovering addicts. I wish I would have thought to research this sort of thing when I found out I was pregnant so I would have seen this site and known our rights and what to do when they show up. As soon as this case is closed you best believe they will never step foot in our home again, though. I know my rights now. I'm even considering homeschooling my child when she becomes school aged just so I can keep her safe from the people who are "Protecting our children, families, and future". What a F****** joke.

rembenso89

Postby rembenso89 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:07 am

I forgot to add, everything we've done has been without a court order. The counselors didnt think we needed the iot program but of cource FCM C*** Face submitted a referral to the agency we were going through after she had to stand in court and tell the judge she hadnt submitted anything as of yet. If she wasn't trying to cover her own a** we would have just had to do individual counseling so she's been throwing wrenches in our recovery since day one. We have a clear recovery plan and have since the day we started doing it ON OUR OWN WITHOUT ANY COURT INTERFERENCE 4 YEARS AGO. It took us that long to taper down on the medication. We are off of that now, too, and that was legal. Please keep us In your thoughts, hopefully our girl will be home in three weeks.

rembenso89

Postby rembenso89 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:12 am

Familyrights1st wrote:Cps lies about test results.
Question did you ever see the results as in the print out from where you took the UA?
If they can't get a dirty test they will make one, my advice would be video yourself testing with a test strip found in head shops everywhere and keep On hand for proof.
Also if they request a follicle test , that is against the law you do not have to submit.
Remember get copies of all tests and results,I wouldn't be surprised if they were unable to produce them.

Took us weeks for them to give us copies of the tests they took from us, finally did today after court though. I contacted the testing facility and was told the state was their client and they could only speak to the caseworker. They facility is two states away, mind you. My caseworker keeps insisting these tests are infallible. Her words. Obviously these people are getting zero training on how any of this works. Two minutes of research shows things can fail or cause false positives but she wouldn't even hear it. I'm gonna have to go early for visits to get our screens done because I can't be civil after our child just screamed after us. It would be different if we were guilty, that's what kills me about the whole thing.

Wrecked our family

Postby Wrecked our family » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:45 pm

Familyrights1st wrote:Cps lies about test results.

Return to “Drug Related Cases”