False positive drug test... Possibility of tampering by CPS... Need help NOW!

Drug abuse, treatment, research, and laws.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

sadmommy15

False positive drug test... Possibility of tampering by CPS... Need help NOW!

Postby sadmommy15 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:33 pm

Hi everyone,
I first want to say thank you for allowing me to tell my story, for READING my story, and giving me advice/support. I know you all have your own problems with these horrible people and most of you are still fighting for your kid(s). I truly appreciate your time and comments. Thank you!

So, my CPS situation has been going on for almost three months now. Someone in my apartment building called CPS to have me and my husband investigated for drug abuse and child neglect. They came to our door and I stupidly allowed them in my home (which was pretty messy at the time... who's house isn't messy when you have a child?). They reported that our place was unsanitary (even though it wasn't) and they ordered us to do a drug test at their testing place. We told them what medications we take (we left out over the counter stuff as we didn't realize their potential for false positives) and we agreed to do the test. The following week they came back to our house and told us that my husband tested positive for methamphetamine. He told them he takes Adderall and he has used Vick's nasal spray. They said nothing could test positive for meth, except meth. They told us that they were going to request the removal of our child and about a week later, they did just that. They took our child and placed her with a relative. Although we are so thankful that she is not in foster care, we are so pissed that she was taken from us whatsoever. My husband does not do methamphetamine!!!! I know what that looks like and he doesn't do it. They refuse to believe us and they continue to say that I'm a risk to our child because I don't believe my husband is on meth. After about two months, they finally did what they should have done from the start... they tasted the D- and L- isomers to identify illicit drug use. Now they are claiming that two of his tests (the first on demand test and one random test) came back positive for illicit drug use through the D- and L- isomer test. I don't understand how this is even possible. Keep in mind that there was another test in between these tests that were negative for methamphetamine.

I am truly convinced (so is my family) that the toxicologist and/or the DCFS agency is manipulating the test to keep our child from us. They have already tried calling the caregiver to see if they would adopt our child. They won't believe us that he's not using illegal drugs but they will only go by the toxicologists word. The toxicologist even accused my husband of "researching what could test positive for methamphetamine". OF COURSE HE DID!!!!! HE'S BEING TOLD THAT HIS DRUG TEST WAS POSITIVE FOR SOMETHING HE DIDN'T DO!!!!!! Wouldn't anyone research something they didn't believe was true???? Isn't that why all of us are on this forum??? To find information about our situation that could help us get our children back!!!!!

Our social worker has told us several times how cute and perfect our child is and she's acted like a family member would when they first see the baby. I'm not suggesting that this social worker is trying to take our daughter from us but there are a lot of things that don't add up.

1. Two positive drug tests that have no explanation
2. We don't have the test results for the D- and L- isomer test for either test
3. They have already inquired about adoption
4. The toxicologist claimed that nothing could test positive for meth, except meth but then he said that the vapor inhaler could...?
5. They keep pressuring me to abandon my husband and when I don't, they accuse me of being codependent and in denial
6. There is NO evidence of any kind that backs up this accusation of neglect or abuse. Our child is always scratch free, she's chunky like the Michelin Man, she's always happy, and she is where she needs to be developmentally if not more.
7. The report has even stated that there was no sign of drugs or drug paraphernalia
8. We have been nice and compliant
9. Our house has been clean (I have documentation to prove this) since the first time they came
10. We have witnesses that have said we are not abusing any substance and that we are good parents.

I can go on and on but I will spare you. I wonder if anyone else here has been in a situation like this before and what did you do. Did you get through it? Were your kids returned to you? I don't want my husband to have to go through being without me, our child, and enrolling in a drug program just because someone is fabricating evidence. If anyone has any tips or suggestions I am all ears! By the way, I am located in California... just in case that's necessary.

Thank you again for taking the time to read my story. I am on the verge of total destruction if I don't find a solution soon. I need my baby back NOW!!! We miss our child so much. This has been so painful on all of us: myself, my husband, our child, our family, and our friends! Innocent people should not go through this horror that CPS puts us through just to get money from the government.

One last thing, we plan on doing separate drug tests from now on but we are not sure how we should do it. Should we do it every day, twice a week, once a week, or every time they order us to do a random drug test? We want to cover our tracks as best we can. Also, if anyone has any information about what kinds of food or over the counter medications/supplements/vitamins can test positive for methamphetamine (not amphetamines... specifically methamphetamine) I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks everyone! I hope you all get the answers you need to get your situation resolved!! We need to stick together and help one another through our experiences and knowledge so we can all live peaceful and happy lives with our families. Good luck to you all!!

LindaJM

Re: False positive drug test... Possibility of tampering by CPS... Need help NOW!

Postby LindaJM » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:56 am

This is tragic... sorry, so sorry to hear how you and your husband are being framed by dishonest professionals. Yes, there are many substances that can cause false positives and I'm sure sometimes the professionals work together to claim there's a false positive when there isn't.

The best things to do would be get a good lawyer who really wants to work for you on resolving the problem, get your own drug tests, and find a professional willing to provide expert testimony in court on your behalf.

If only the reporting party knew how much devastation was caused by a false report. Who would ever do that to another human being?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Drug Related Cases”