Will dcfs ever be OUT of my life?

Drug abuse, treatment, research, and laws.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Nessajackson

Will dcfs ever be OUT of my life?

Postby Nessajackson » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:49 pm

My son was born in December of 2016 and both my children were taken 9 days later when I failed a drug test during a home visit. I now have trial home placement of them which is due to end on November 27 th at which time legal custody is returned to m (as long as I’m still passing UA’s of course) anyway I just found out I’m pregnant.... I overheard some parents at the dhs office a while back talking about how their children were taken while the woman was pregnant so they automatically took the baby from the hospital without any other reason. Is this a common practice ? Or was there most likely something found in baby’s system at birth of some sort of something else wrong to cause them to take it? I’m just wondering if I need to hide this pregnancy at all cost until after Nov27 or what.... any help greatly appreciated thank you

lori1968

Re: Will dcfs ever be OUT of my life?

Postby lori1968 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:52 pm

If I were you I wouldn't say anything... I know someone who lost her three kids, and when they got wind of her having another baby they did come for that baby and took it too. When I met her she was hiding in a DV shelter with another baby. He is now three and so far she still has him. CPS never found out about him she had him in another county but same state. Hope this helps.

Return to “Drug Related Cases”