Trying to protect newborn from dfacs

Drug abuse, treatment, research, and laws.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

shakeserfists

Trying to protect newborn from dfacs

Postby shakeserfists » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:12 am

My daughter just had a baby....she was on heroin and went to outreach and got on subutex.at41/2 months pregnant when She found out She was that far and decided to keep it She didn't have much prenatal care because Medicaid kept delaying....it. She also has a 5yrold who my mother has temp custody of..she tested positive for amphetamine at birth so did baby.they retested her and baby next day it was negative.dfacs came around ...I am afraid they are going to remove baby from her custody...she was willing to give me custody so we have that and it's notarized..the baby was too come home today..now they keeping it...for jaundice they say...if I have a notarized paper giving me custody...can I take that to Hospital and get thebaby? is it enough?...can she give me custody and stop dfacs from taking custody of him? Will I have/to go through dfacs to do this if she gives me custodybefore they take him...what about the5yr old. Who is with the great grandmother but my daughter lives there with my mother...should I take custodyof him too...should my daughter move out... Please I'm running out of time...must dfscs serve my daughter to take custody...? Well they do that before the baby is discharged or wait till she gets home...?I know dfacs will be coming for follow up because she is on doctor ordered meds which is a drug to get off heroin.?I wanted to find out these things..b4 it's toolate...sorry so many questions

Return to “Drug Related Cases”