Respect your attorney's advice

For newcomers to this message board

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

LindaJM

Respect your attorney's advice

Postby LindaJM » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:47 pm

Hi there,

I've been informed that some attorneys are concerned that people are not willing to follow their advice because of what they've read at this site.

Please be reasonable with your attorney. He or she is supposed to be your best source of information on how to work on your case.

Your attorney knows:

Local rules of court

Local regulations and policies

Local caseworkers

The judge

The county's attorney

etc.

Consult with your attorney on all matters and do not expect the suggestions of those on this site to be a better source of information. We are not attorneys; we are laypeople who have had CPS experiences of our own, and are speaking only from that point of view.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Eljay

Re: Respect your attorney's advice

Postby Eljay » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:52 pm

Is that why this page is gone?
http://fightcps.com/2007/08/20/make-you ... k-for-you/

Can we just change it up? Maybe "make your court-appointed attorney work WITH you"???

I understand we need to let them drive, but we need to give them direction, KWIM? That page is one to which I frequently link. :(
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:48 pm

I will restore it... since there are links to it.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:43 pm

Thank you!
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

desiderata

Postby desiderata » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:24 am

Becareful, just because the attorney's work for you, "the people" (lol) doesn't mean we should give them respect; first off, their case load is so Enormous that you are just another file number. They're biggest concern is to get you in court and Expect that you will agree with their advce. BUT YOU CAN SAY NO! I myself was told that the only thing that they have against me is being the childs natural mother and placing him in his paternal grandmother's home (back in 2006)... GUILTY or as it was " NO CONTEST" of being his mother and leaving him in a place that was not good, Here's the kicker, the state also, I repeat the state also left my child in the same home 3 years later. So my "attorney" says if I plea No contest to those two things being his mother and leaving him with his paternal grandmother, I have done nothing wrong and they couldn't possibly detain or even take my child on those allegations...long story short they DID just that. So I now fired my attorney and the judge said I cannot fire him!! News flash I did. court continuance again!!

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:18 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Lunaravenmoon

Postby Lunaravenmoon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:44 pm

I may try just that, though I tried that with my first one.

I had to change lawyers.

Its funny cuz both lawyers agree cps has nothing. I have studied the laws myself and read the books and its complete bullshit and they have broken so many rules and its a cluster fuck of them being so inadequate they pretty much hand you the proof they are lying.

Easy case right? No.

My lawyer hasn't called me back in over a month and if this judge rules for them in a severance trial(despite I have done everything) then I am reporting HER, and my lawyer both.

In my case I could listen to her if only she talked to me. i have even offered to do all the work myself for peet sakes. All I want her to do is advise and file motions. advise and do her job. I understand she has a huge case load but woudl it KILL her to call me back and maybe give me some peace of mind that she is.... doing her job(if she is)... I mean. how do I know that if she isn't calling me back?!

I hate Arizona CPS.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:38 pm

Arizona is really effed up right now. :(

latasha_holloway

Please notify your members

Postby latasha_holloway » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:50 pm

Linda,
Please notify your members that I have experienced a fraud who is taking advantage of your members seeking legal assistance to fight cps. Please advise your readers that Bella's law, Bella's paralegal, Shakaarii Melendez, Heather-Marie Rosthein, and a host of other aliases are the same person. She uses several websites targeted at sue cps pro se. Do not send her your money as you will never receive any legal documents just harassment to send more money.

Tasha

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:18 am

Thanks for letting me know. What usernames are they using?

FYI - Bellas Law - this is not a place to troll for new clients.
Sample Document Library

kerriganjames

Postby kerriganjames » Wed May 01, 2013 1:33 pm

My child was taken 16 months ago. My lawyer has called me back 1 time in all those months! I call her all the time and she won't call me back. I finally had to drive to her office and basically barge in and demand some time from her. I can't do this all the time as the office is over an hour drive one way. What can I do? I know she's busy... but come on!

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Wed May 01, 2013 3:03 pm

You can ask for a Marsden hearing to either replace your attorney or get him/her to do his/her job!

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/ho ... ted-lawyer

Return to “Read this before posting”