Hello Looking for advice

For newcomers to this message board

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Fightforwhatsright

Hello Looking for advice

Postby Fightforwhatsright » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:06 am

2 years ago cps had came knocking on my door wasn't first a real cps case they were trying to help because someone had posted an anonymous call to this day I still don't know who but I have a few ideas... Well story short I was gong to move in the with the man who is now my husband I had known him since I had become pregnant my sons father wanted nothing to do with me or his child an had replaced me with another woman so naturally I moved on... My husband is a great father has 3 kids from a previous marriage. Well the day I had decided I was gonna move I was picking up stuff for my son at the store with my dad getting last minute things would need. I came out of the store an cps an police were there I have no idea how they knew were I was an my dad well simple to say didn't know how to use a cell phone. they ended up taking my son saying he was abused. which in every way was not true they gave me a paper stating what would happen an were I was to be the next day. for almost 2 years I had fought them completed 2 parenting classes an did everything wanted me to do to get him back an it still wasn't good enough. my question is in the past 6 months he was adopted its an open adoption because I didn't have a choice an I didn't want to risk not seeing him again is it possible with new information an a new lawyer can I try an get him back or is it to late for me to try to? I really feel cps has screwed me over.

LindaJM

Re: Hello Looking for advice

Postby LindaJM » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:40 pm

Did you file for an appeal? If not it is probably too late... but you would probably have to go see a local lawyer to make sure. Usually, after an adoption it is final. I've heard of some people getting their children back if an adoption failed, but that's very unlikely. I'm so sorry this happened to your family.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

InLimbo

Re: Hello Looking for advice

Postby InLimbo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:57 am

fightforwhatsright wrote: To this day I still don't know who but I have some ideas

I find out who called DHS about and it is someone I have known most of my life, but she has never even met my daughter. :twisted:

Return to “Read this before posting”