need help

For newcomers to this message board

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

needhimback

need help

Postby needhimback » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:46 pm

To make a long story short I let my step sister take my kid for a few days to get her baby fix sense she is not able to have kids any more and when my son was in her care she took him to the doctors saying he had an ear infection and strep well the doctor gave my sister a medical release for 30 days do to failure to thrive because he is under weight and has been his hole life do to meningitis at birth he was also in the nicu for 2 months had a feeding tube placed in and I feed my kid and give him the world my sister hounded me about taking him and I kept saying no she lives to far away then I finally gave in cause she pulled the I can't have anymore kids on me and I felt bad she lied to cups saying I do molly everyday I don't do drugs I rarely even drink I have not seen any reports or statements on why they took my kid I can't even get a hold of the case worker or my attorney half the time I just need my baby back and need to know what all I need to get my kid back and Iif they can just take him out of my care when he's not even with me

family_man

Re: need help

Postby family_man » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:02 pm

Did CPS take custody of the baby, or this some kind of safety plan? Have you been to court, yet? Where is the baby right now?

Your sister in-law did not have authorization to seek medical care for your baby. However, the damage is done. You need to get written documentation from your regular pediatrician that explains why the baby is underweight, and that it is not the result of neglect.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

needhimback

Postby needhimback » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:40 pm

I have been to court just to see if he can come home to me or remain in the care of her I just got her statement and she lied multiple times in it they are just going off hearsay and I asked for medical records they said it will take up to 2 weeks but thank you for your advice I'll get in touch with his doctor and dietitian as well

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:29 pm

Suggestion: write a statement of Objections and Corrections to the Report of the Social Worker. Give it to your attorney for evaluation to see if it will help your case. - http://fightcps.com/2011/05/09/sample-s ... al-worker/
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Read this before posting”