I need advice

For newcomers to this message board

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

rrs0308

I need advice

Postby rrs0308 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:57 pm

I will be vague... My husband of several years became rather irritable last july before the birth of our second daughter, he left us a month later and vanished, I was devastated he'd always been a great dad and amazing husband. After he was gone just a few short weeks I received a letter in the mail from cps in another state stating he was indicated in child abuse case, regarding a girl who is now 18, I called of course the cps office and they told me he had done this act many years ago, he would of been 18 at the time, he is now 24 soon to be 25, I think he left because of this issue because the cps person told me they had been mailing him for months at our address and i had never seen these letters... I do NOT believe my husband did this, I mean I'll be honest, jerk, liar, obviously a dead beat I guess now, but child molestor NO ... the cps agent tried to make me say he had molested our daughters I said no he did not, and took them to their pediatrician who told me he never did so I told the man at the office who said well I guess that is good... I knew he'd never done it to our daughters, I just knew, gut instinct I suppose, but I also have gut instinct he didn't do this and he ran out of fear of what was happening, out of what I'd think, and various other things. I want to help him, what do i do?

family_man

Re: I need advice

Postby family_man » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:55 pm

The only CPS that you need to worry about is the one in your own state. The other state may contact yours, reporting that a possible child molester lives in your family. If that happens, he might have to move out temporarily while they investigate him. However, the first step is to find him.

I don't know why CPS in the other state is involved. The alleged victim is an adult now, and would be out of their jurisdiction. The police in the other might have cause to investigate if they suddenly have new evidence, but there was no mention of a criminal investigation. Very strange.

I would hire a private investigator to locate your husband, and to try to reassure him that there was no cause to run away. Of course there are lots of other possible reasons for him to leave, and we don't know his motives. A PI probably would be able to ascertain these motives, and at least give you a sense of closure.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

rrs0308

Postby rrs0308 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:23 pm

Thank you, I had never considered hiring a PI, and see members of his family were saying he had a warrant etc he'd rot in jail blah blah I was mortified, but the more I have dug into this I have realized 1. he has no warrant, 2. his family is far from what I would consider upright honest people, more or less from what I can tell kids should not be near them 3. I have been recently sent a paper as of yesterday my husband was trying to reach out to me, he went to a hospital in a state and put my parents address as the place to mail the bill, he had to of done that purposfully otherwise no reason for this letter to have been sent to them... I am so confused I don't know what to believe

family_man

Postby family_man » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:20 am

A PI would easily be able to find your husband, given the clues you can supply to him. His actions do seem very strange, but completely unwarranted if he simply wants to protect your children from governmental authorities. Is he still using your joint checking account and/or credit cards?
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

Return to “Read this before posting”