Vulnerability test

For newcomers to this message board

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Elizabeth37

Vulnerability test

Postby Elizabeth37 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:18 pm

Hi there, has anyone here ever gone through a vulnerability test with social services? Wondering what it is and how I deal with their false accusations. See my children told me of sexual abuse perpetrated by the dad. When I made my reports they briefly investigated then closed the file. Now after that my kids needed to see some Dr`s and since that time I now have social services investigating me and wanting to do a vulnerability test. Lawyer says this is not going to be good....Has anyone been through this and do they have advice. I am a great mom...don`t drink or even smoke...Can they take my kids

LindaJM

Re: Vulnerability test

Postby LindaJM » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:12 pm

I've never heard of this before... so I looked for information on Google.
https://www.google.com/search?num=100&n ... IkHB_9-r28

I hope someone else here has some information. I can't even guess what they're looking for with this test.

If you made the report to CPS they may try to turn it around and make you out to be the dangerous parent for putting thoughts into your child's mind. But what that has to do with vulnerability, I don't know.

I'm glad to hear you have an attorney.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

monkette31

Re: Vulnerability test

Postby monkette31 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:32 pm

Yes, they can take your kids and do all the time just for the very reason you described. There's a video out on the internet that shows a children/family court judge telling about the Judges training that the new judges go through. They have been told that mother who accuse fathers of allegations of abuse are doing it to be manipulative and they almost always recommend that the child then live with the father. Many parents are living through this nightmare where the abused child is sent to live with the abuser. Go on internet and look for Cindy Dumas, she runs a org called Safe Kids and her group deals with this very issue. You are going to need a lot of help because if your lawyer said that to you, it sounds like they probably have this in mind.

I believe in the last year or so, the advocate groups that i know of and some very good advocates have recommended to NOT bring up issues of abuse, especially during a divorce, because it is almost for sure that the courts give the child to the abuser. I am not kidding and I am very sorry. I don't know what kind of lawyer you have but if it's the court appointed one, they are helping them, not you....most of the time. Very rare to hear of a court appointed doing anything other than securing a civil conviction of child abuse for the state.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Return to “Read this before posting”