why am i in drug court? i have no charges of anything

For newcomers to this message board

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

pinkie1966

why am i in drug court? i have no charges of anything

Postby pinkie1966 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:57 am

My son is 12 and I spanked him one morning on the butt with a belt because he called his grandma a stupid mo..... fu....., and then started to swing on me. anyway he went to school and told. Cps went to his school took him out of school to their office and took pictures of bruises on his arm,(which were not from me at all) My son told them where I spanked him and so did I when an officer called me later to get my version. at that time he stated no charges were to be brought up since there were no marks on his butt. ok this is where it gets confusing, ..my son went to stay with his dad temporarily outta town and at an iep meeting his dad appeared to be high so they called cps. 3 mo. later when my son is back home they catch up to me and question Andrew at school first and he said his only concern was for my health because I drink alcohol. when they came and saw me she asked if I had a problem and I willingly admitted I did, duh any time u drink on a daily or every few days its a problem. Then this spanking thing happened and it gets crazier from there but ill wait to see if I get any replies before I finish. any opinions?

heavyaaron

Re: why am i in drug court? i have no charges of anything

Postby heavyaaron » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:28 am

pinkie1966 wrote:any opinions?

Oh, yes... but maybe you don't want to hear them?

My son is 12 and I spanked him one morning on the butt with a belt

That's not "spanking"; that's "beating", and it's an assault. This seems too obvious to say, but in civil society we do not beat each other with weapons; this goes double for the dependent people in our care.

because he called his grandma a stupid mo..... fu.....,

The degree of offense is quite irrelevant.

and then started to swing on me.

And you just conveniently happened to be holding a weapon to defend yourself with? Uh, huh....

anyway he went to school and told.

I'm glad he has the sense to do that.

Cps went to his school took him out of school to their office and took pictures of bruises on his arm,(which were not from me at all) My son told them where I spanked him and so did I when an officer called me later to get my version. at that time he stated no charges were to be brought up since there were no marks on his butt.

Do not confuse the fact that charges were not brought up with the fact that you committed a crime in assaulting him. Criminal charges are very often not filed even when criminal acts have occurred.

ok this is where it gets confusing, ..my son went to stay with his dad temporarily outta town and at an iep meeting his dad appeared to be high so they called cps. 3 mo. later when my son is back home they catch up to me and question Andrew at school first and he said his only concern was for my health because I drink alcohol. when they came and saw me she asked if I had a problem and I willingly admitted I did, duh any time u drink on a daily or every few days its a problem.

I hear admitting a problem is the first step. So what's your plan for your second step?

Then this spanking thing happened

I'm confused now as to the order of events.

and it gets crazier from there

You acknowledge committing violence against your son. You admit to alcohol abuse. This is very simple. Get help. Your concern should not be what CPS or the courts are going to do. Take responsibility, take action, and get help of your own recognizance.

monkette31

Re: why am i in drug court? i have no charges of anything

Postby monkette31 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:07 pm

Actually, it depends on the STATE whether or not that is abuse or not. I know in California, you can hit a kid with an object but cannot leave a bruise....but you still have to be careful as the CPS agency has their own rules as to what is abuse, outside of STATE law.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Return to “Read this before posting”