Falsley accused

For newcomers to this message board

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Helpmy veteran

Falsley accused

Postby Helpmy veteran » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi everyone,
I am not really sure how to start this. My husband has been falsely accused of sexually abusing his daughter. My husband is a disabled veteran he medically retired from the military in 2012, since then we have continued to live in Evans Mills, NY its a small town right near Fort Drum. I just would like to give a little background before I get into the case. My husband and I were friends for a few years before we got together with that being said, I was also friends with his wife at the time actually we were best friends. With that being said she was the ex wife was very angry when my husband and I got together and the only thing she had left to hold over my husband was his daughter. She called all the shots getting visitation with her was a headache, finally we got a court order allowing visitation. With my husband being retired he doesn't work so when ever his daughter would call and want to come visit he would just go and get her, for the most part it was Friday thru Sunday. On July 5th 2014 she called her dad and wanted to come up and she decided she would stay until she was ready to go home. Here comes the story, On July 18th the morning of her going home is supposedly when this abuse took place, She claimes that on that morning her dad touched her while laying in bed, now know that for the past 2 weeks the child has been sleeping in our bed and we didn't think anything of it due to the fact that the child sleeps in bed with her mom at home, which mind you is about two and a half hours away. My husband normally gets up with me when I go to work well that morning he slept in just till about 6:55 am, normally we are up at 6ish. He has a routine where he gets up, gets his coffee going and walks the dog comes back sits in his chair drinks his coffee and plays his game, well on that morning it was pretty much the same routine, around 8am our 21 year old son walked in cause he was working the night shift and normally got dropped off at that time. My husband walked upstairs and opened the bedroom door and the childs head popped up and he stated to her that it was time to get up because they had a long ride, she asked if she could watch tv he said yes and put it on, he went back down stairs and was talking to our son drinking another cup of coffee, around 8:30 ish our 13 year old son came down to have breakfast because he was going to a summer rec camp which my husband drove him to and at 9:45 ish my in laws were coming over to say goodbye to there granddaughter. Here is the kicker at 10am the daughter states that she called her mom from my bedroom and told her about her dad touching her and the mother said that they would talk about it when she got home. So the mother allowed her daughter to get in a car with a man that supposedly touched her for over 2 hours. When the little girl came down stairs she still wasn't dressed and my husband said to her go get dressed we have to go, she got annoyed and walked back up stairs while on the phone with her mother. She got dressed came down said goodbye to everyone and they left. My husband had contact with the mother several times that day and nothing was said, my husband dropped the little girl off at her grandma's house gave her dad a big hug and kiss and said I will see you in 2 weeks and off he went. On the 21st of july we got a knock on the door from CPS, they explained why they were there and told us there is an on going investigation. So from July 18th thru Sept 8th we heard only from cps they would come and check in check on the other boys that live in the house who are 13,15, and 16 and the 21 year old. Well on Sept 9th my husband was arrested and charged with a felony and since then an order of protection has been placed he is not allowed near my boys no contact at all. There was no investigation done no police or investigators came to the house to question anyone. We do have a lawyer actually its the same lawyer that is taking the criminal case, so my question is how do I get my husband home? My boys have apt with their law guardian on Tuesday on the order it states we can have supervised visitation between the hours of 8-8, we have been to family court and CPS tried to get the order changed to only 6 hours per week but the judge said no because the law guardian hadn't a chance to talk to the boys, so we go back to court on Wednesday. Is this going to continue until the criminal side is heard? This is my first go around with CPS and I am really afraid. They want us to go for therapy and psychological testing and I am not sure I am ok with that oh and parenting classes. According to the CPS worker if it was up to her she would have closed the case however she hasn't said a word in court the CPS attorney is doing all the talking. I am not sure what the right thing to do is.. Any advice would be more than helpful. Oh and it was brought to my attention that the child is devastated that she cant come see her dad and her mom only wanted the dad to end up with parenting classed and some therapy. Very torn here

Return to “Read this before posting”