Please help. Cps has begun investing a false accusation

For newcomers to this message board

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

PISCIS32

Please help. Cps has begun investing a false accusation

Postby PISCIS32 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:31 pm

Hello. My family has been terrorized by cps. Thursday the 14th a cps agent showed up at my house to tell me that they were investigating a case of sexual abuse that my daughter had said against my son. Two of them came alone and I didn't know my rights and didn't know that I could have denied them entrance to my house. They only came into the living room which I Thank God I had cleaned hours before they arrived. They assured me that they wanted what was best for my daughter than asked if I was available for another visit on Friday in which I said no that I worked. She gave me her card and said they'd come another day. I went to work on Friday and got a call to my work from home because apparently the police arrived just as I had left my daughter with my mother in law who doesn't speak or understand English and despite knowing this he continued to interview my daughter alone. I was called this monday and told that a detective wanted a forensic person wanted to interview my daughter at their location. I agreed jut to clear things up then this Thursday I was called by cps who gave me her card and told that the detective wanted my daughter removed because of some imminent danger but the social worker suggested I leave with my daughter to a safe location with a relative. As soon as I got off of the phone I called my husband and he told me to get a lawyer. She recommended we do this to prove that we wanted what's best for both kids so we also lawyered up our son. and since Thursday we have been separated; my husband is at home with my eldest and my daughter and my baby are with me at a relatives house. Her forensic interview got changed to his upcoming Monday and I am certain that my daughter will tell the truth. We are just worried that we won't be able to bring her home even after she does and they have no more proof which they never had to begin with. What can we do if she says nothing happened and the forensic person says she's being honest? Please someone help us.

LindaJM

Re: Please help. Cps has begun investing a false accusation

Postby LindaJM » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:03 pm

Hi there... I'm happy to hear you have an attorney to guide you through this. The question you asked - I really don't have an answer for that. Your attorney will know you and the case and the local social workers so please ask him for all matters in which you need legal advice.

It sounds like you're doing everything right. I'm happy that they let you move to another home with your daughter... that's so much better than having her in foster care.

If they tell you not to allow your daughter to be around your son anymore, please make sure you follow that instruction, because if you don't they are likely to take your child saying you weren't willing to keep her safe.

Your lawyer should be able to help you get that separation request changed. I don't know what conditions the CPS caseworkers would accept. It does sound like a difficult and painful situation for all involved, but as Mom you should trust that your daughter is being honest with you and do whatever you can to help her.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Read this before posting”