What is the "Statue of Limitations" in Kentucky?

For those who need to know the laws.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

LeelaKidwell70

What is the "Statue of Limitations" in Kentucky?

Postby LeelaKidwell70 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:34 am

I called the police on my ex found molesting my oldest daughter.
Cps took my 4 children (except the one I was carrying (pregnant). I fought them for 4-5 years. Did every loop they put in front of me. They eventually returned my 3 oldest children but refused to return my youngest (except my baby) due to the foster parents wanted to adopt her and did!
SW stated I had HIV...which I proved I didn't.
SW stated I didn't complied with my Plan.....which I did!
SW stopped visitation due to "they didnt have anyone for transportation"
(but found out that the foster/adoptive parents lived in the same town....only 2 miles from the CPS office)

Long story short.....I never got an Attorney to help me with my case "Amendment 14, Due Process"

Can I sue them?
On what grounds?
Is the Statue of Limitations 15 years or am I mis-understanding what I have read?

Eljay

Re: What is the "Statue of Limitations" in Kentucky?

Postby Eljay » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:50 pm

This would be a good question to ask a KY attorney. You could even call the district attorney and ask... but confirm what they say.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

LeelaKidwell70

Postby LeelaKidwell70 » Wed May 01, 2013 6:32 am

Eljay wrote:This would be a good question to ask a KY attorney. You could even call the district attorney and ask... but confirm what they say.

Yes it is...but the DA won't return my phone calls. Neither will ALL the Attorney's that I have called. (called almost EVERY Attorney in every town & city within 100 mile radius. Think they are too scare to go up against CPS due to an attorney "Robert (Bob) Smith got his daughter taken away for defending a client against CPS in E-town, Ky."

Was hoping someone in here might help, Parental rights was taken in 2005 & found my daughter 2012. She wants to talk and visit with us (got a few e-mails from her). But when we asked her adopted mother via e-mail 2013. All accounts was closed.

If someone can read the statute of limitations for Kentucky online. And can let me know that I am reading it right. I want to file a lawsuit and will do it by myself if I have to. But don't want to to be paying court cost & filing fees if the judge is going to dismiss the case due to the limitations.

I know I can't get my daughter back but I do want CPS to pay for destroying my family. It has devastated me and ALL my children since this has occurred!

***Keeping my fingers crossed & on bend knee praying***

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Thu May 02, 2013 5:34 pm

Let me see if I can get an answer....

Hey... did you post this question on AVVO? Looky:

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/ky-st ... 19383.html
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

LeelaKidwell70

Postby LeelaKidwell70 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:55 am

Eljay wrote:Let me see if I can get an answer....

Hey... did you post this question on AVVO? Looky:

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/ky-st ... 19383.html

Yes I did.....just changed alittle bout the situation. But they still didn't answer my question. Just referral me to get an Attorney! So Thanks! I've called every single attorney in the state of Kentucky and NO ONE will take my case or help me out.

I'm planning on selling my home in Texas and moving back to Kentucky to be closer to her so when she does turn 18 years old. She won't have far to go to find me.

Don't know what else to do....so giving it God and pray that I will see her before I die.

Return to “Legal Research”