Post Termination Rights Restoration?

A place for parents who have been through a termination of parental rights. Please network here on ways to reconnect with your children, cope with the trauma of separation, and promote advocacy against this cruel system of family destruction.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

laceybug

Post Termination Rights Restoration?

Postby laceybug » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:37 pm

I noticed that here recently a new bill was passed that offered restoration of parental rights post TPR. I have been searching high and low to find out if Texas has adopted this bill, does anyone know? Also, is it possible to petition to have my child's current caseworker replaced? The fat cow hates me and has done everything in her power to hurt me at the expense of my children. Any help would be greatly appreciated. God bless, Lacey

Dazeemay

Re: Post Termination Rights Restoration?

Postby Dazeemay » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:16 pm

Wow! I didn't know this existed. Thank you. I found this but, haven't been able to find anything on Texas. Will continue to look.

https://litigation-essentials.lexisnexi ... f9d24e4e2c

Here is the full article by the author RESURRECTING PARENTS OF LEGAL ORPHANS:
UN-TERMINATING PARENTAL RIGHTS

http://www.student.virginia.edu/vjspl/P ... rphans.pdf

As of Oct 14th 2010 It has not passed in TX http://www.rightintexas.com/

I know posters have done this but, I can't remember how they went about it. Sorry.

Maybe someone else will have the answer.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:50 pm

Great links! Thanks, Dazeemay! I bookmarked this.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

paigeroberts68

Postby paigeroberts68 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:48 pm

http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/socwork/nrcf ... anency.pdf

I found an article on this. It has been a long time since I have done any type of my own research or my own terminated case. With the laws changing with the blink of an eye (FOR THE BETTER) I've chosen to start over and in return either suing DFCS social workers/fosters/doctors etc etc. even though my parental rights were terminated in 2006. I still think I have a chance of winning my appeal in district (federal) courts. I could probably win it alone with just the bogus diagnosis they had on my son. I am in search of an attorney as we speak. I don't have any documents or any pre trial evidence as I lost all of my work in my house when the bank foreclosed. (no, they didn't foreclose because of DFCS) nonetheless, I think it's due time to and time to bring them home. My son (i found pic's on facebook and instagram) doesn't look so sick now. The fosters divorced and living in separate households in the same community. This may be for more money, they also moved from the place they were living just recently. I feel it's time with all the hullabaloo with DFCS-CPS in GA among other things it's time.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:34 am

What a hopeful, enlightening article. Thank you so much for the link! I'm uploading the PDF file of this article so in case they remove it from their site we will still have access to it here.

I hope you find a lawyer soon, to work with. Maybe he could help you find out more about your son. Facebook is such an amazing resource.

Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

rthrw01

Postby rthrw01 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:06 am

Ambersmom

Postby Ambersmom » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:08 pm

Thanks for sharing about post termination rights. Our parental rights were terminated in 2006 also. We have never given up trying to find a way to get out daughter back. We did not sign the final papers on the day our rights were terminated in court. The attorneys and everyone involved wanted us to sign the papers; but we refused. Does this mean our daughter can never really be adopted out since we did not sign the papers agreeing to termination? Or could it mean that our rights were not terminated at all because we never signed the papers? Does anyone know? According to CPS, she had been adopted, but I don't know if I believe it. The non-identifying information we requested from DCFS (which we had to fight for tooth and nail) states facts that sound more like a foster care situation than an adoption. But I don't really know. Also, does anyone know about California law regarding restoring parental rights? Thank you all so much for your helpful information. Any answers are greatly appreciated.

Return to “TPR Parents”