Help finding a child that may have been in foster care.

A place for parents who have been through a termination of parental rights. Please network here on ways to reconnect with your children, cope with the trauma of separation, and promote advocacy against this cruel system of family destruction.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Kati Newton

Help finding a child that may have been in foster care.

Postby Kati Newton » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:38 pm

I am searching for my friends daughter. Cps took her about 9-10 years ago in Parker County Tx. She has recently turned 18 and so we are on the hunt hard core. Last we knew, she was in a group home in Tarrant County. She had sisters that were identical triplets and they were adopted- she was not. Her social security number is coming up under a 58 year old female in California. I am on my 3rd private investigator and nobody can seem to find her.
Does anybody know if I can do an open records request through the county courts or through CPS to try and find out what happened to her?? She isn't a juvenile now but was when this all took place so i have a feeling I may be refused.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

LindaJM

Re: Help finding a child that may have been in foster care.

Postby LindaJM » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Have you tried posting the details about this child and family on the web... on Facebook or on a blog? Teenagers are often connected to the internet and may at any time look for information about themselves. If the girl doesn't know her own family's name you could try posting her birthdate, the place last seen, etc... all details she would look for if she used the internet to try to find out information about herself.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “TPR Parents”