Can you sue them for lying

Discuss all aspects of suing CPS and its affiliates for the injustice done to your family.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Sarah79

Can you sue them for lying

Postby Sarah79 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm

Our social worker L.I.E.D.- She put lies in court reports that are provable to be "lies!"

She also held a meeting with all of my friends - telling me she was going to talk about meals for my kids - instead she told my husband and all of my friends that they had "found me guilty already" no trial had taken place either in criminal or cps court. She told my friends that I was a danger to all my kids and told my husband I would be out of the house at least a year or two.

Isn't telling all my friends that I was guilty and they had evidence slander? BTW I was never even brought to trial by CPS and I won my criminal trial in the criminal courts because I am innocent and they NEVER conducted any kind of investigation at all. They did this shortly after taking our kids.

This is slander right?

When I knew the police were going to come to our house I drove my kids to my mil's and sent a very close friend of mine who is also a CPS SOCIAL WORKER over there to be with the kids and also my husbands brother was there. All of them begged the cops not to take them as they were in no danger from my husband or I while in their care. My CPS worker friend told them he would take them for us! They STILL took them! My CPS friend was so mad he said - sue them!!

This is against our rights correct?? Opinions pleeeeaaaassse...

Eljay

Re: Can you sue them for lying

Postby Eljay » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:24 pm

If there was no trial, then perjury doesn't really apply so there are no criminal charges to be brought. Civil charges? Slander, sure! Because you were deprived of your children? Hell yes!!!

As for them blabbing to all of your friends, well... you can file a complaint, and you absolutely MUST, in order to show that you followed proper chain of command, so that when you do get to your civil trial, you can show that you filed a complaint. Of course, your complaint should state that you expect to be compensated for the damage brought to your family and state what you expect to receive for your damages. That way, you can say that you gave them a chance to compensate you, they didn't respond, so your next option was to sue.

You will want to familiarize yourself with your state laws WRT privacy before you go forward. Do you know where to find the laws?
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:33 pm

No I don't so thankful for your replies.

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:35 pm

I tried to google our state then WRT privacy laws and I got nothing pertinant. I assume they are online.

I am trying to become quite knowledgable before I go calling lawyers. In my experience lawyers are pretty close to worthless and you need to know what you are doing your own self. Do you share that opinion or am I better off just calling lawyers and dumping this story on them and see what they say? Do I do all my leg work first to impress them that I know what I am talking about first?

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Sarah79 wrote:I tried to google our state then WRT privacy laws and I got nothing pertinant. I assume they are online.

This should get you to what you need: http://www.childwelfare.gov/index.cfm
or this (Wisconsin, if memory serves): http://dcf.wisconsin.gov/children/CPS/s ... tsINDX.htm

I am trying to become quite knowledgable before I go calling lawyers. In my experience lawyers are pretty close to worthless and you need to know what you are doing your own self. Do you share that opinion or am I better off just calling lawyers and dumping this story on them and see what they say? Do I do all my leg work first to impress them that I know what I am talking about first?

MOST lawyers are clueless. The lawyers who are knowledgeable about CPS corruption AND have experience fighting them are few and far between. Some states seem to have none. Yes, you will be your best advocate by becoming educated and assertive about your case. I'm in metropolitan Los Angeles and only know of three law offices that specialize/advertise being experts in going up against CPS. It's important that you find a lawyer who is experienced and/or willing to let you drive the process.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

fatherofthree

Postby fatherofthree » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:28 am

You can sue anybody. The burden of proof is on you. Getting the case accepted is another story. Federal court has time restrictions to file. Attorneys prefer federal over state because in federal, if they even win a verdict for one dollar, their expenses are paid. Hence the statement by attorneys in federal court to juries " Just fine them one dollar and tell them they were wrong."

I personally think the problem with lawyers is the fact CPS court is a free hand out. They show up to family court; get assigned cases at the tax payer expense that are relatively simple to work (for the most part.) There are some really good public appointed ones out there that work both court and private CPS cases, but then there are some not so go. Some of the stuff I have seen lawyers fail to do (civil and criminal) is absurd. But then they are no different then anybody else to including child welfare, teachers, doctors and of course the abusive parent.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney and am not providing legal advice.

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:21 am

Okay so I am working hard on this. How much should I sue the scum for? First I put together a letter of complaint and aksing that damages be settled in the amount of? I want to say $500,000 and I want to sue them for way more. WHo decides the amount.

Our family is dirt poor after going through all of that. We used to be middle class but not anymore. The emotional damages and damages to our reputation is astronamical. No amount of money could ever make this okay. All we want is to make a statement to these people that "they can't just do this to innocent people and get away with it!"

I have been shutting my mouth and biding my time all this time to wait to get our case closed so I could sue their butts. We got our case closed two weeks ago.

How do I decide how much to offer to settle for? Then how much to sue for?

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:46 am

Sarah79 wrote:

A million dollars per child for each day they were out of your care.

fatherofthree

Postby fatherofthree » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:29 pm

Sarah79 wrote:Okay so I am working hard on this. How much should I sue the scum for? First I put together a letter of complaint and aksing that damages be settled in the amount of? I want to say $500,000 and I want to sue them for way more. WHo decides the amount.

Our family is dirt poor after going through all of that. We used to be middle class but not anymore. The emotional damages and damages to our reputation is astronamical. No amount of money could ever make this okay. All we want is to make a statement to these people that "they can't just do this to innocent people and get away with it!"

I have been shutting my mouth and biding my time all this time to wait to get our case closed so I could sue their butts. We got our case closed two weeks ago.

File and ask the jury to decide.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney and am not providing legal advice.

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:31 am

A million dollars per child for each day that they were out of our care......well that's more like it.!

We have ten kids so $10,000,000. A million a kid for reputation and damages that sounds right.

Even talking about money brings such a wave of anger for my husband and I - as if money COULD EVER make up for what they did. I talked to another family that had the same social worker guardian ad litem that we did and they terminated the rights of those parents to their 2 1/2 year old for false accusations and the family will not even hear of sueing- they just scream "we want our baby back!"

So sad. As if money could fix anything however it is the only way to punish them and send a message.

Ask the jury to decide is a good idea.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:00 am

Sarah79 wrote:So sad. As if money could fix anything however it is the only way to punish them and send a message.

It's a huge motivation for why they take children. Since congress won't add punitive financial consequences for their actions, the public must.

Return to “Sue Them!”