Bella's Law Advocacy Group (*** IT'S A SCAM ***)

Discuss all aspects of suing CPS and its affiliates for the injustice done to your family.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

TCharanza

Bella's Law Advocacy Group (*** IT'S A SCAM ***)

Postby TCharanza » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:11 pm

I just wanted to post this link so that other people can check the website out, this group is owned by a group of women paralegals who assist you in taking on a federal lawsuit against CPS all by yourself. I hope this helps someone out there.

copy and paste the link into your web browser

www.bellaslaw.com

goofy

Re: Bella's Law Advocacy Group (Free Help to Sue CPS)

Postby goofy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:04 pm

I'm not sure, but I think this place is a scam. I have sent my letter, like they recommend, and then called them the next day. No answer. I called them again the following day; no answer. I called the third day, and no answer, so I started to do some mailbox surfing. Ya know, dialing extensions just to get a voice, I finally got thru to the "legal secretary" who would not let me get a word in edgewise, extolling all the virtues of the "soon to be" lawyer. Once I explained that I was calling in as instructed, and not getting an answer, she said that "big long name, future lawyer, will return my call this week, and that she will email you her opinion ASAP". 2 months now, notta.

mom2joshcanpark

Postby mom2joshcanpark » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:48 pm

I have talked to them and they give you the run around and tell you to speak to this person but won't let you speak to that person, her name is Heather. And it cost $1500. If you want paperwork drawn up, email me I have a person that does it for about $100 you just need the info.

mom9

Postby mom9 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:14 pm

I just paid $400.00 retainer to Bella Law They have a lot of my case papers. I felt I finally had someone to look at my case. Do I trust them?

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:20 pm

Here's the deal.... nobody can legally practice law unless they are licensed by the state in which they are operating. If they are offering legal advice, they're practicing law without a license. People who have offered this sort of advice as a paid service have gotten in trouble for it. If, OTOH, they are just a "legal document assistance" service, then you are going to be providing them 100% of the critical content and they will just be putting it in legal format. I looked at their website once and was not impressed by the poor grammar and misspellings... a true legal enthusiast would not allow those mistakes to exist, let alone publish it.

I just went to www.bellaslaw.com to see what they are offering..... that website is NOT an operating business. That is a pure, 100% web search/advertising/spam website. Any link you click on there is a link to another provider/advertiser. I don't know who you gave money to, but if you did it by credit card, I advise calling your credit card company IMMEDIATELY and having it reversed/disputed.

If you can't afford an attorney, you'll have to learn as much as you can on your own. You can get help with forms/documents from a "legal document assistant" company or paralegal for much less per hour than an attorney. What state are you in?
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

mom9

Postby mom9 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:05 am

I live in Lucas County ohio. I wired the money to Bellaslaw and a lot of my case paperwork. I don't want to give any more money if it is a scam. These people seem so sincere. I already have a lawyer. We have only had it in juvenile court right now but our lawyer doesn't want to even file my Declaration of Facts or my Objections to Corrections to the Caseworker. It will be a year in October and the LCCS ( CPS) is keeping my 14 year old on hearsay. I just want my daughter home. Can you help. Should I forget Bellaslaw now? I am scared they may mess things up, too.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:52 am

I don't know that I could be any clearer as to where I stand (as already stated). What is it that they are supposedly going to do for you?
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

mom9

Postby mom9 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:44 pm

Bellaslaw is not free help. If you pay and change your mind you money is gone. Beware of this group. I speak from experience as you have read.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:31 am

mom9 wrote:Bellaslaw is not free help. If you pay and change your mind you money is gone. Beware of this group. I speak from experience as you have read.

Please elaborate.... your message from earlier in the day indicates you paid them and were expecting services, not sure if it was a scam. Are you now saying you've been cheated out of your money?

mom9

Postby mom9 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:06 pm

Someone started tese post by saying they were free. I am letting others know they aren't free. I am also saying I pulled away because I don't feel people should trust them. They only take money by Western Union or a money order. I told them I wanted out and they say we won't give your money back. I have asked for my copies of my court papers back and they do say they would send them. I feel that other should beware of them. They appear to be preying on hurting families.They will not give my money back even though I don't want their services.This is true. In this whole process I have spent $500.00 if you enclude the faxing, copying, and mailing expess ( this is what they want)

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:30 pm

Ahhhh... good catch... I will change the title to reflect everyone's assessment of them.

tiara103

Re: Bella's Law Advocacy Group (*** IT'S A SCAM ***)his

Postby tiara103 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:03 pm

I contacted them myself & I believe it to be a definate scam. First "they are so busy, that I had to be available to take their call at a certain time & scan/fax papers by 10pm"? An hour conversation where it was mostly "fast talking about how great they are, she's going to law school, no one else will help you, ect." My first red light was that all the emails contained many grammatical errors, bad English. This is who I should trust for my paperwork? Said I could look them up or her, Heather Marie Rothstein online, google, ect.. I did & only found their ads, one leading to the next. Even looked her up on facebook- same thing, a few posts of "people thanking for help", but you can't leave one & some of the pics were questionable adult things. Then she, secretary, aid, whatever, called back & became very irate with me since I wasn't prepared to send them $350 down payment, by wire transfer Only, within 48 hrs. Asked even if I could borrow it from someone ect. If I didn't do this "they would have to close my case & I'd never be able to open it with them again". ?? I stated I was uncomfortable with this pressure & system and she really chastised me! Gave me h*ll about spending over 8 hrs already on it, ect. Finally tried to get me to agree to sign a "contract" & email it back agreeing to pay in 2 wks. Refused to take paypal or any other type of secure payment- this Always indicates a scam. No thanks- I still haven't found a lawyer in NJ willing to do it yet, but will find a way to do it on my own if I have to.

Return to “Sue Them!”