Unauthorized strip search of a 2 year old

Discuss all aspects of suing CPS and its affiliates for the injustice done to your family.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

introversion02

Unauthorized strip search of a 2 year old

Postby introversion02 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:12 pm

Hello.

I am currently under investigation by CPS in CA for what I assume is neglect.

We were first made aware about an investigation against us just this past Tuesday. My 2 year old daughter, who was a micropreemie and has cerebral palsy, goes to a special ed preschool twice per week for two hours each day. When I picked up my daughter from school on Tuesday, I was pulled aside by her teacher, informed that a CPS social worker had come to see my daughter and that they had taken her into the bathroom to examine her, including her genitals. This was done without our consent and without our knowledge. We have an interview coming up next week.

Most of what I have read regarding illegal search and seizures are in regards to them taking place in private homes. My 2 year old is unable to speak and obviously unable to give consent. Because this search took place on school does it change the protections under the 4th amendment. Does the school or any school official have the right to give consent for this search without the social worker having a search warrant? Although the 4th amendment specifies the protection being from government officials, would the school and/or her teacher be liable as well?

We need a lawyer, but I'm so unsure where to turn. We're barely making ends meet as is, but we don't want to have our case botched because we couldn't afford a good enough lawyer. Any advice at all is much appreciated.

Return to “Sue Them!”