Where do I find a lawyer who'll fight

Discuss all aspects of suing CPS and its affiliates for the injustice done to your family.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Lysander

Where do I find a lawyer who'll fight

Postby Lysander » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:26 pm

I currently have a court-appointed lawyer in my Colorado dependency and neglect case. She's a former prosecutor and doesn't seem particularly interested in coming up with a strategy for winning at trial. I now have an income, so I can afford to pay maybe a few thousand bucks for a retainer. Where do I find a lawyer who's willing to fight? Maybe some kind of anti-CPS radical who's looking for an opportunity for a courtroom confrontation with the system, in which he can strike a blow against its abuses?

http://fightcps.com/2007/08/10/lawyers- ... nse-cases/ doesn't have any Colorado referrals.

LindaJM

Re: Where do I find a lawyer who'll fight

Postby LindaJM » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:19 am

I know of a lot of anti-CPS lawyers, but none in Colorado.

Here's what I suggest.

1. Check Google for "Colorado Child Dependency Attorney" - for a lawyer to represent you in Juvenile Court.

2. Read each website carefully.

3. Those who offer free introductory consultations - connect with them and learn from what they have to say. Take notes. Ask for references to other lawyers who want to fight against CPS.

4. Based on their attitudes toward CPS and motivation to win cases against them, choose your lawyer.

5. Alternatively - if you want a lawyer who will sue CPS - go to the courthouse you'd like to sue in - either the county courthouse, or nearest federal courthouse. Look through the case database (probably on computer) for anyone who sued the Department of Social Services. Write down the names of lawyers who filed those cases, and go see them.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Sue Them!”