Justice for Poor People?

Discuss all aspects of suing CPS and its affiliates for the injustice done to your family.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

lori1968

Justice for Poor People?

Postby lori1968 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:32 pm

Has anyone on this site looking for help really been helped? I feel my child and I were used for others financial gain and are still employing many. I also feel my voicing my opinion cost me ever being able to see her again. We are the forgotten people... without the financial resources we give up eventually and they win. If we dont shut up they silence us by saying we are mentally unstable, alcoholic,druggies, criminals,etc... Am i wrong?

KDus

Re: Justice for Poor People?

Postby KDus » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:03 pm

You are correct. Their pockets are bottomless, ours are empty.
If you resist, if you are angry, if you fight, there must be something wrong with you.

I knew what CPS does before my case started, so I fought back like they had never seen before and it cost me 2 of my 4 kids and 2 step kids.
I didn't meet anyone during my(long) case that was getting real help.

lori1968

Re: Justice for Poor People? MAJOR UPDATE!!!!!

Postby lori1968 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:19 am

I have to take what little victories I can at this point... Had court on Tuesday. I believe it was to give my ten year olds dad full custody...currently she was taken from AZ to CA in June, 2016. She was taken from me in Oct. 2015 Ive never seen her since. The claim was domestic violence (not childs dad) and of course that Im a raging alcoholic...Lies! I immediately moved did all that was required and more. They kept telling me I wasn't allowed to see nor speak to my kid. That she is terrified of me,etc.etc. Meanwhile Mr. Disneyland dad was allowed to call her and have unsupervised calls, make big promises about how much fun they would have when his sister (NOT HIM) got custody of her. This douche is a burn out surfer who has never held a job for more then a few months at a time, occasionally would send a few bucks when he felt giving. He wants my child for section 8 housing n any other entitlements he might get. When given hair test came up positive for pot, hasn't taken classes nor therapy like was ordered to do n yet was allowed to move into sisters house. Anyway the attorney that i was given in the beginning did nothing never kept in touch. i tried back in spring to fire her but was told she had to withdraw so i kinda or should say i did, GIVE UP! In December i received child support from Ca that they wanted to come after me for over $600.00 a month. I guess thats what was needed in order for me to finally do something and fight back. Thats when i discoverd this site and much more. I learned my daughter is suffering from Parental Alienation Syndrome and that that is abuse from dad n his family. So I went to court on Tuesday all by myself and Im so glad I did. The judge looked shocked when I told her I had no attorney n told her if they are all like the one I had... no thanks. So I supposebly get a new one. I told her Im being ordered by CA to pay support so whats my visitation ive never seen her. So it looks like he n his sister are being busted for fraud because you can get cash assistance and also kinship care monies. I will now start phone visits with my child at her therapy appointments. Question though... because of the time lapsed n the damage from this parental alienation syndrome cant they be punished somehow for damaging my kid? please if this is happening to you say something because i was afraid theyd think i was crazy but when i said do you know about PAS they were like...oh uh...yes!!!!

KDus

Postby KDus » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:53 am

It is unclear which battle you need to fight.

If there is a CPS case in either state, that is your battle.

If the CPS case is over, and you still have parental rights, then this is a visitation or "move away" custody case.

Because the child has been in CA so long, they can, and will, go to great lengths to hold on to the child. In my experience with CA, they don't care how much of a failure a father is, he gets preferential treatment.
When you ask for primary custody in a move away case, the CA resident may demand a professional evaluation, at your cost. That cost me $5000 in 2004.
You are one the right track, however. The court is afraid of liability for things like PAS.
If you allege abuse, you are inviting CPS into the battle. Be sure that is good strategy before you go there.

lori1968

Postby lori1968 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:55 pm

Since my last post where I felt maybe I had been listened to and might finally be treated like a person. I have not heard one thing from AZ DCS caseworker. The CA dept of child support called me Tuesday and asked why the caseworker had not faxed her the info she needed to pursue investigating fraud. What the Hell am I suppose to do??? Whats the timeframe to get a new attorney appointed after going to court on 1/24/17. All I want is to know what is going on. When this first happened an I went to court the Judge gave me a list of things I had to do. I thought the CPS caseworker was someone who was suppose to help me? Should I just keep emailing her asking the same things until she reesponds?

KDus

Postby KDus » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:13 pm

(I AM NOT AN ATTONEY AND THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, JUST STUFF I LEARNED IN MY CASE)

Social Workers are not your friend, assistant, or obligated to offer any support or help. Do not count on them for anything, ever. Email is only good for a record of your attempts.

Unless there is an ongoing case, I don't think you get an attorney. If the child was placed with the other parent, the court probably ended the "Dependency" case. At that point, there is an established custody order and that is what you need to work on, and you don't get an attorney.

If you want to know what is going on, go to the court and find out. You just need something with the case number on it, and I.D. Go to the clerk office. You can probably get the clerk to tell you if you have an attorney assigned. You can look at the entire case file; maybe even, online.
There are "minute" entries that tell what happened at each hearing. You are most concerned with the latest filings like, disposition, adjudication, and entry of orders. You need to know what happened last.

If you still have an attorney, they will have all the files and should be able to explain where you stand.
If not, the attorney you used to have, will have to give you all the documents from the case, if you ask.

Return to “Sue Them!”