"Non-Family Adoption" ?

Discuss all aspects of suing CPS and its affiliates for the injustice done to your family.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

JusticeMissing?

"Non-Family Adoption" ?

Postby JusticeMissing? » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:11 pm

Ok they have my attention now even more than before. We are ready to FIGHT.

Still have not found an attorney we can afford in the Montgomery County, TX area - but still looking.
Need The Toughest most knowledgeable to go up against these dishonest embiciles. I can't believe what they've gotten away with so far with the Mom (and the abuse CPS has been responsible for of the children, moving them from shelter to shelter) - but NOW we hear in court the CPS caseworker tell the Judge that their next "move" is to go for NON-Family Adoption. That is a total Insult. There is Nothing wrong with our family! This is getting more and more ridiculous. The false accusations and unproven, unsubstantiated allegations. No One has EVER demanded these people show proof or evidence of their 'claims'.

HOW DO THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS???

The attorney we did speak with wants too much money, but he was very knowledgeable - said never go to Family Court without an attorney... Well, we sure learned THAT the hard way. So now we have to pay outrageously high money to Adopt Our OWN Family Members? Give me a break.

LindaJM

Re: "Non-Family Adoption" ?

Postby LindaJM » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:30 am

The only time they have to show proof is at the beginning of a case if there's a trial. Unfortunately MOST CPS victim-parents are coerced by their own court-appointed attorneys to sign guilty pleas (sometimes called stipulations) in court, not knowing that it will mean nobody will ever have to prove their statements.

The parents in this case could file for an administrative hearing regarding kinship care if you want to be the children's caretakers. Read the state Social Services regulations for your state, to find out whether your kinship care rights are being violated. This is something that can be discussed with an administrative law judge at the hearing. (This is not the same kind of a hearing as the Juvenile Court hearing.)

(You can find a link to more information about the administrative hearing process on the front of this website.)

I hope you're able to find an attorney who can help. It is often better to get an attorney from another county.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Marina

Re: "Non-Family Adoption" ?

Postby Marina » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:56 pm

What is the situation with court-appointed attorneys in Texas now? Do you only get one for the TPR trial?

I posted some links on another Texas case. Find out what your rights are for having a court-appointed attorney before a year of foster care goes by.

Call the Clerk of the Court, if nothing else. File a petition to the judge asking for an attorney.

Return to “Sue Them!”