Help! We’re confused on what DCF is doing, a special victims unit detective called today?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

meeshywii

Help! We’re confused on what DCF is doing, a special victims unit detective called today?

Postby meeshywii » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:13 pm

Backstory here is this is about my sister and her son (not my case) but it’s very confusing:

We’re in FL.
Her son told his teacher his “step dad” hit him because he was angry and wanted a bigger birthday party. So he did this to spite his mom.

The teacher reported to DCF. DCF came out to the house and my sister (uninformed) let them in… but she said no when they requested to interview her son alone.

She then moved out of her exes house. DCF was unaware of this apparently.

Two days later they go to his school, sign him out of school early, and TRANSPORT him downtown to the main office and video tape an interview with him. He said they asked things like “do you love your mom?, what do you get when you’re good?” etc..

The school nor DCF informed my sister of them taking him that day, she didn’t even know about it until he came home and told her! I read their own handbook and it says they must have a court order to do this.

So a couple days after this, they show up again. My sister asks about the court order and they said “we don’t have to because of safety concerns.”, then claimed they had no idea about that happening, they just kept fumbling. This was all recorded, via ring camera. They continued to push a safety plan and my sister said she would not sign it. They said okay then we will go to court or some other threat.

Well a week passes then today she’s gets a call from a special victims unit detective:
-he immediately says “I’m sure you know about the DCF case and why I’m calling?”
-he stated the case is against her ex not her
-he said she isn’t in trouble
-he wants to talk to her tomorrow at 11AM

Meanwhile the ex hasn’t been called or interviewed by DCF at all?

What would you do in this instance? I’ve searched the internet high and low and can’t figure out why a detective is now involved.

Return to “CPS Investigations”