Trial Next Week! Advice & help

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

HappeeBee

Trial Next Week! Advice & help

Postby HappeeBee » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:50 am

Okay, we just had our Judicial Review Wendesday. They switched our trial date from Monday on the 21 to Tuesday on the 22 due to another case being heard that day-so I am disappointed it won't be Monday, but that gives us an extra day to prepare.

Right now, we are trying to figure out what to do. My CW wanted to know what our game plan would be for next week so that the judge would know what we wanted. She already knows that our lawyer has been trying to get us into a family support program that houses you and your entire family for up to two years so I told her that is what we are going for and she encouraged (SHOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!) us to work on that soon and let the judge know.

The only roadblock really is my parents. They have been out to get our kids from the get go-since it was them that called on us. We really feel betrayed. My husband and I made some bad moves on our part-but moreso because we thought we were doing the 'right' thing and took advice from people who really didn't have our best interests at heart. So now this whole situation has been a lesson learned for us. They have been saying negative things about us from the start, including lying and exaggerating things.

Here is what my CW wrote:

The caregivers stated that J.R's speech was hard to understand and somewhat withdrawn when she was placed with them. Also, according to the caregivers, the father would address J.R in a way you call a dog to come to you and the child acts like a dog even today such as whining and breathing like a dog when she wants something. The caregivers also indicated, the mother has no relationship with J.R as to this date she does not ask for the parents or act like she misses them.According to the caregivers, J.R makes statements that someone is hitting her in the face when no one is present. Also, she hits herself and calles herslef stupid. The caregiver stated she asks for beer and says she wants to smoke. J.R has nightmares and wakes up screaming and stating things such as she is bleeding in the third person. The family support worker has not observed J.R having any reservations towards her mother.

Does this not sound WAY TOO OVERDONE?

Our Family Support Worker said this

The FSW supervises the visitations for the family. She reported that it is her opinion that the children are bonded with the mother and father. J.R gives kisses and hugs to both parents and that both the mother and father both hold E.R in their laps during the visit while playing with J.R. When approaching the visit she stated J.R screams 'Mommy!'. Also, J.R interacts with her Daddy in a language only understood by the daddy and her. At the end of the visits the mother walks out to the car with FSW and J.R will scream, "Daddy, daddy!" while he is sitting on the bicycle racks.

Our daughter has never displayed any type of behavior that would cause us to be concerned that something is wrong. When she wants something, she asks for it and says please and thank you. She is always loving and playful. We have had a few visits where she has cried really bad when we had to leave. She has also told me that she misses me-in front of our family support worker!!! I belive that our child does asks for us and that my parents just aren't going to say.

My parents (and moreso my mom) have had nothing good to say about us. Everything they have to say about is negative. My mom told my aunt that she wanted us to give up our parental rights and leave Florida because she was ready for all this to be over with. My husband didn't even know my parents well-in the two months he has 'known' them they went from being nice to being unkind and have been unkind since then. But they tell lies on him like they've known him for years. They accused him of doing drugs like cocaine and meth and said we had a pipe in our house (we knew both were lies and asked them to produce the pipe. no one ever did :x ) and when we did our UA's he only popped dirty for weed ( I was upset about that but he had quit not too long ago so it was expected) and I had a negative.

Basically we are battlign for our kids through DCF and it is a shame that my parents are so crowardly and pathetic that they couldn't file the necessary paperwork properly if they wanted to take custody of our children. I know they are committing a felony. They have slandered and embarrassed us and are now trying to say we have traumitized our daughter.

What do we say or do? i mean, it's obvious they have been trying TOO hard to make us look bad...but will the judge see it that way? I am just lost and I am scared and have been gathering everything I need to be prepared. But I need advice! It's not just DCf we're fighting here!!!

We're battling my parents!!

An

annakenc

Re: Trial Next Week! Advice & help

Postby annakenc » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:14 pm

I feel for you, my family has done the same to me...they are in MD and I am in FL now....orlando.
I would say you should def try to get the judge to really see what is happening to you...
but when I tried to do that in my case, he just said, "well don't you have anyone else who can help you?"
Well that's what the welfare program is for. These idiotic workers, they are helping the people who have made us disadvantaged! And they know they are one step away from the welfare line themselves...I think. Thats why some of them exaggerate their "authority" and ABUSE and I mean Misuse and ABUSE the funds, and the people who need that temporary help. Because they think the weaker we are the less likely we are to prove that they are unfit for this "job".
I hope everything works out for you, I really want to network with others who are in the same situation I am in.
Hope you keep in touch. And let's get these people exposed, as they are not good at reporting or investigating, and create more problems than they solve.
No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person life, liberty or property without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:27 am

Many people make mistakes, you're right, but I don't think that the court is just going to sever your ties with your children and give them to your parents for the rest of their lives. You have not even had a trial yet and I've heard that the first instance they have to give you a plan for re-unification, things you have to do in order to gain back custody. I also know how it is when friends closer than family turn on you and suddenly want to steal your children, it's some powerful drug for them!

Remember you are the parents, not the grandparents, most states, grandparents don't have any rights.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

HappeeBee

Postby HappeeBee » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:22 am

Yeah here in Florida Grandparents rights are terminated once the children are placed back with the parents-meaning visitation. Other than that, they don't have rights from what I've read. I haven't found anything yet to suggest otherwise.

I am just so nervous. I don't know what to say but I am praying for the right words to say and to stay calm and collected. I don't want to lose my temper but I am certaintly not going to let anyone tarnish my character and call me a bad mother! I don't do drugs, rarely ever drink-and you might as well say I never do!-I don't go to clubs or walk the streets. I am pretty much boring! LOL I wirte novels and read books, cook and clean and take care of my kids.

I know I'm not a bad mom. And yeah, I get that I am only twenty one and I have a lot to learn but I'm not stupid. I know where my obligations lie.

I am hoping to get this across to the judge. We're willing to go to parenting classes-they have classes where your kids can participate! They also want my husband and I to seek marriage counseling. We don't have a problem with that either really. We're only three years into this marriage! THe thing is we want them to give us a chance! They're saying we are placing our children at risk and we can't care for them. How do they know? We were only living here for a month and then we have CPS on our ass! It's crazy.

I just find it sad that my parents continue to stoop this low. They should no better but they play evil spiteful games that show nothing but coldness and immaturity.

Oh well.

I am just hoping for the best and I will keep everyone posted on how it goes Tuesday!

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:19 am

It's a shame when someone's parents are like this. My advice to you about your parents is to consider them dead to you or something, grieve, and move on like they don't exist eventually. Your parents will never be loving. It's not your fault, but they will just keep hurting you.

I hope you get your daughter back. It's horrible how the government does loving parents.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

annakenc

Postby annakenc » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:28 am

did you read the new post in cps investigations, about amy charron? her parents poisoned her and her daughter. now amy's parents are "raising" her daughter in texas.
thanks for what you said that's good advice, i wish i'd heard that 10 years ago, before i ever had my child.
i figured since they didn't care about me, they wouldnt harrass my kid. no deal...with kids there's money involved today.
i had no idea how many sick people go biting to get that money from cps for the childcare...god it makes me sick to death.
No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person life, liberty or property without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

koolcat

Postby koolcat » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:32 am

I NEED HELP AFTER I SAT IN FRONT OF THE WOLVES( THE PANEL) DURING A T.D.M MEETING AND IT T WAS DECIDED THAT IN ORDER TO KEEP MY SERVICES FOR MY KIDS AND FAMILY THAT BECAUSE OF TIME THAT MY VOLUNTARY CASE WAS NOW GOING TO HAVE COURT BUT HOW NOTHING WOULD CHANGE IT WAS MERELY TO KEEP THE SERVICES IN TACT AND I DONT LIE ABOUT THE THINGS THEY HAVE ASKED TO COMPLETE OR ANYTHING I TRY TO KEEP A GOOD REPOUR WITH THEM ALL AND I WAS ASSUMING WHEN WE ALL AGREED AND SIGNED AND RECIEVED COPIES OF OUR SIGNATURE AND CASE PLAN THAT WAS IT THAT THEN I WAS GOING TO RECIEVE MY COURT DATE FAIRLY FAST THEN LAST NIGHT MY WORLD WAS DESTROYED CUS THE CPS WORKER KNOCKS AND SAYS AN ADMINISTRATIVE DECISION WAS MADE AND ALL THOSE PEOPLE AT THE MEETING THERE OPINION DIDNT MATTER AND THEY WERE REMOVING MY KIDS...WHAT? HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN!!!! IM ACCOUNTABLE FOR MY SIGNATURE ON PAPERS AND I FEEL MISLEAD BCUS I THOUGHT THAT MEETING WAS FORMAL AND ONCE I LEFT THAT WAS THAT . NO NEW ALLEGATIONS OR ANYTHING JUST A ADMINISTRATOR WHO HAS NOT EVER EVEN MET MY CHILDREN NOR I. THERE HAS TO BE OTHERS IN CALIFORNIA WHO HAVE HAD SIMILAR STORIES AND PLEASE TELL ME WE CAN STOP THEM FROM CONTINUING TO MISLEAD MORE FAMILIES ONLY TO DESTROY THEIR FAITH IN THE SYSTEM AND IN PEOPLE . MY COURT DATE FOR MONTEREY PARK IS ON NOV. 29, 2011 .
THE MOST HARDESTPART IS WE WERE ABOUT TO LEAVE TO GO BUY OUR THANKSGIVING FOOD AND I DONT HAVE ANY OTHER FAMILY SO NOW WE DONT HAVE EACHOTHER EITHER FOR THE HOLIDAY. I WANT MY CHILDREN HOME !!!

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:21 pm

Well, as I'm reading it, the FSW is on your side, so that's a good sign. Your parents are saying all kinds of nasty stuff, but that's hearsay, and it's obvious they have a lot to gain from telling lies. The UAs support your version of the story, as well as more or less proving your parents were lying. So far, it all sounds like reason for cautious optimism.

I guess my only advice is to try to stay calm in court. Don't get upset or hostile no matter how much crap your mom dishes out. The more you keep your dignity, the more likely she is to come across as a vengeful fruitcake.

Once this is over, I'll recommend some good resources for dealing with toxic parents. For now I'll just wish you all the best for next Tuesday. Your family is in my prayers.
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:59 pm

koolcat wrote:I NEED HELP AFTER I SAT IN FRONT OF THE WOLVES( THE PANEL) DURING A T.D.M MEETING AND IT T WAS DECIDED THAT IN ORDER TO KEEP MY SERVICES FOR MY KIDS AND FAMILY THAT BECAUSE OF TIME THAT MY VOLUNTARY CASE WAS NOW GOING TO HAVE COURT BUT HOW NOTHING WOULD CHANGE IT WAS MERELY TO KEEP THE SERVICES IN TACT AND I DONT LIE ABOUT THE THINGS THEY HAVE ASKED TO COMPLETE OR ANYTHING I TRY TO KEEP A GOOD REPOUR WITH THEM ALL AND I WAS ASSUMING WHEN WE ALL AGREED AND SIGNED AND RECIEVED COPIES OF OUR SIGNATURE AND CASE PLAN THAT WAS IT THAT THEN I WAS GOING TO RECIEVE MY COURT DATE FAIRLY FAST THEN LAST NIGHT MY WORLD WAS DESTROYED CUS THE CPS WORKER KNOCKS AND SAYS AN ADMINISTRATIVE DECISION WAS MADE AND ALL THOSE PEOPLE AT THE MEETING THERE OPINION DIDNT MATTER AND THEY WERE REMOVING MY KIDS...WHAT? HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN!!!! IM ACCOUNTABLE FOR MY SIGNATURE ON PAPERS AND I FEEL MISLEAD BCUS I THOUGHT THAT MEETING WAS FORMAL AND ONCE I LEFT THAT WAS THAT . NO NEW ALLEGATIONS OR ANYTHING JUST A ADMINISTRATOR WHO HAS NOT EVER EVEN MET MY CHILDREN NOR I. THERE HAS TO BE OTHERS IN CALIFORNIA WHO HAVE HAD SIMILAR STORIES AND PLEASE TELL ME WE CAN STOP THEM FROM CONTINUING TO MISLEAD MORE FAMILIES ONLY TO DESTROY THEIR FAITH IN THE SYSTEM AND IN PEOPLE . MY COURT DATE FOR MONTEREY PARK IS ON NOV. 29, 2011 .
THE MOST HARDESTPART IS WE WERE ABOUT TO LEAVE TO GO BUY OUR THANKSGIVING FOOD AND I DONT HAVE ANY OTHER FAMILY SO NOW WE DONT HAVE EACHOTHER EITHER FOR THE HOLIDAY. I WANT MY CHILDREN HOME !!!

These people often lie. You cannot trust them.

You really should make a new thread so that you can get more help. You definitely need help.

You really need a lawyer.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:26 pm

Just wanting you to know I've followed your story, im praying my arse off for you, crossing my fingers for your trial. Deep breaths. You can do this.

Return to “CPS Investigations”