it never ends? new case just because of past case

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

mamalion

it never ends? new case just because of past case

Postby mamalion » Tue May 01, 2012 9:23 am

Our case was closed in Dec. after almost a year open and my kids gone for 70 days.

Now since it is well known I was accused of MSBP and although it was dropped and I do not have MSBP well it's gossip.

My daughter had some lab work done ordered by her doctor, the county insurance found out and they report it to CPS. I never met the woman, the woman never met my kids, only saw my child had lab work done (which was abnormal but being ignored now)

So there is a conference today, our lawyer and us are not invited. The doctor is scared they may just re-remove. I don't know what to do. I'm so upset and my health has declined so much since the first case.

The ped says they are being crazy. Our therapist says it's crazy. My own doctor is a internal med + shrink and 100% says I do not have a mental illness.

I'm just scared it won't be enough, that it will never stop. This is the 2nd referral just because of the first. The list is so long by now in the computer system. I'm frustrated, I never did anything wrong the first time. I reported a medical error on an old ped and she got her revenge.

Will they not be happy until my kids are gone forever? They are easy adoptions, I've been told, doesn't that make a parent feel better?

Eljay

Re: it never ends? new case just because of past case

Postby Eljay » Tue May 01, 2012 11:28 am

Is your doctor going to this conference?

It would be very odd to me if a lab report triggered an emergency removal, but I'm forever astounded at the actions CPS workers take!

"This is the 2nd referral just because of the first."
The second since they closed? What happened with the first?

If/when you talk to them, make sure you record them, and ask how in the world you are supposed to keep your children when following doctor's orders results in a referral, while not following doctor's orders would also result in a referral for medical neglect. You just can't win!
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

mamalion

Postby mamalion » Tue May 01, 2012 4:34 pm

The phone meeting with the doc the worker had to cancel "something came up". They are going to be annoyed the doc is now going to be gone until next week.

The new worker has rang, demanding a meeting, and wanting to see the kids alone. My kids wont talk to her, the one will cry, she won't talk to people besides us.

The first case was closed in Dec. There was a referral while it was open as I seeked help with how I felt about all the stress, they sent a referral in as "we where in the system".

This referral was down by the county insurance, who saw my child had lab tests, there are rumors about us and she did a report. Never met us.

The ped is 100% supportive of us.

Beatthescammers

Postby Beatthescammers » Tue May 01, 2012 7:19 pm

If your children are in public schools, the CPS monster will show up at their schools, have them pulled out of class, and question them. You might want to role play with them now what they should do when the monster appears at their school. They need to know that the CPS monster might encourage them to state things that are not true and they do not have to agree with his/her lies. If at all possible, they should immediately ask to return to their classroom instead of speaking with CPS.

mamalion

Postby mamalion » Tue May 01, 2012 7:49 pm

we home school the older one and the younger one is too small for school

they still have PTSD so this is not what they needed

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Wed May 02, 2012 7:40 am

When my kids were interviewed the second time around (by "dependency investigator" not the "emergency responsder case worker") I had a girlfriend of mine, whom the kids know and adore, and who was a Marriage & Family Therapist Intern (meaning she hadn't passed the exam yet) sit in on the interviews. For starters, we have never, ever left the kids alone with strangers and we were not going to start then. Even at 11 & 12, they are still vulnerable to be victims. The DI said, "well, this is awkward" but too bad... my kids are not going to be victimized and they aren't going to have you putting words in their mouths. So... she sat in on the interviews and was silent most of the time (in the end, the DI ended up being an honest woman). It was good that she was there for my son's, especially, because he has ADD and is SOOOOO unaware of time & circumstances. One of the issues they had was that we used to shower with the kids (well, they didn't care that mom did, but cared that dad had). It has stopped 3 years prior when our daughter was 8. The DI asked my son, "when was the last time your dad and sister took a shower together?" He said, "I don't know." She said, "it doesn't have to be exact, take a guess." He said, "I don't know." She said, "well, was it a month ago?" He said, "I guess." Soooooo.... clearly putting words in the mouth of a learning disabled child. This is when my friend stepped in and said, "he said he doesn't know.... so he doesn't know!"

So........ you may want to hire a therapist/counselor/mediator to be present while they interview them, if not a close friend who knows what to watch for. Another consideration is to ask for a police juvenile investigator to be present.... better yet, ask for the police JI to do the interview and have CPS provide a list of questions that they want answered, but is conducted by the police. And taped! What state are you in? Some states require that minor interviews be taped, others not.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

mamalion

Postby mamalion » Wed May 02, 2012 8:21 am

we are in cali, we can't have someone ther ebesides the kids lawyer who last time was a twat

The little one will cry and scream for me, the older one will ignore them or scream at them, like last time I bet, which will upset them

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Wed May 02, 2012 1:24 pm

mamalion wrote:we are in cali, we can't have someone ther ebesides the kids lawyer who last time was a twat

The little one will cry and scream for me, the older one will ignore them or scream at them, like last time I bet, which will upset them

What county are you in? I'll see if I can find the law. Do you know this attendance rule to be a law, or did a case worker tell you that? You know full well they lie. :twisted:

mamalion

Postby mamalion » Wed May 02, 2012 3:29 pm

our lawyer was kids counsel in our county for 11 years, I think she would know.

The new county counsel for kids in our county sucks, it's sad that they made the first case much longer due to not advocating for our kids

Return to “CPS Investigations”