So It Was My Therapist Who Called

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

carlysmama

So It Was My Therapist Who Called

Postby carlysmama » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:28 pm

Well now I think I'm royally screwed. Friday after all this happened I called this therapist I've been working with for advice and asked her if she thought the police would turn me into cps for the mistake that my kids got out. This woman is like right out of college. Not even a full fleged social worker. So she tells me she doesn't know but she'll find out. Well I NEVER should've trusted her. She's been helping me with some issues I've been having with my dd(almost 9). So she said she never heard back fri but she comes out today for our visit and the first thing out of her mouth is well I found out that I wound up having to report you to cps since I'm a mandated reporter. Ummm under WHAT grounds did SHE have to report me? I told her this in confidentiality. I was seeking advice. I was afraid. My kids were let outside by ACCIDENT by the damn plumber! So she tells me that she started out telling them she had this client or whatever I'd stopped listening by that point honestly. My friend says that because it was made by a therapist it looks so much worse to cps. What do I do now? THey haven't come yet but I know they now will. I don't even know if the cops did report after all? THe therapist used my trust and abused me and I told ehr this. I'm reporting her but to whom and how? I believe she told them muchg more and broke my confidentiality. What can I do to her for this? SHe told me she swears se told them itwas an accident but I don't believe her.

family_man

Re: So It Was My Therapist Who Called

Postby family_man » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:11 pm

Get whatever child security apparatus installed that you can, to show CPS that you've done something and don't need their intervention. Get you home as neat and orderly as possible. If there's an investigation, they will probably have to see your apartment to close the case as unfounded without mandatory "services." We still don't know whether there will be an investigation. Many reports are screened out before the investigation is launched, like your first report was.

These mandatory reporting laws do make parents reluctant to confide in any outside assistance, even medical help! That certainly wasn't their intent, but it is an unintended consequence.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

carlysmama

Re: So It Was My Therapist Who Called

Postby carlysmama » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:57 pm

oh no she seemed like she was happy to have called, almost like she was waiting for something like this to happen. She kept waving her cps flag over my head. I never shoudld've trusted her. My home is in order. My house is baby proofed and as ready as can be. But this will be my 2nd complaint. I'm sure they won't take it as lightly and just screen it out. And coming from her my fear is she holds more weight and God knows what she's told them

Return to “CPS Investigations”