accused of molesting step daughter

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

scaredparent0135

Re: accused of molesting step daughter

Postby scaredparent0135 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:16 pm

One week from today I go for trial, hoping to be able to get a continuance. I will have the private investigator from the criminal lawyer and I'm sure I can use the info he gathers to use as my defense in the family court side

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:11 am

I'm hoping for a good outcome at your trial.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:42 am

Got our family court trial today

dieharddad

Postby dieharddad » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:25 am

Good luck, hoping for a positive out come for you.

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:21 pm

I apologize for the delay in posting here. Both my lawyers suggested that I take the deal. Which I really didn't want to but I was scared, if I was found guilty in family court, criminal court would then be very difficult. So they took the molestation charge off and kept neglect and basically lewdness. I have to do a psychosexual, which I'll have the money for in 2 weeks. My lawyer told me ill be fine with taking the evaluation and once it's over I have to take another polygraph. He told me that I already passed one polygraph there's no reason I won't pass another. I am not going to where cps recommended in paying more money to go to someone not contracted with dfs. Lawyer told me that once I get through a few sessions that I'll be able to have supervised visits and unsupervised shortly there after.
On the criminal side my calendar call is Monday after next, ive met with my private investigator and he made me feel really good. Told me that it may not even go to trial. On the basis that there is no evidence (no video, no pictures, no semen, no blood, no witnesses, etc) I outlined the perfect motive for him. They asked for custody last year, they got approved for larger house on base which is a process and the child must live there more than 180 days out of the year. (got that info off the fort hood website) they were approved the same week my daughter arrived out there. I have a written statement that is notarized from someone that my daughter in her statement said she told, the statement says otherwise. Also the fact that the police never asked me to take a polygraph and the fact that I took one and passed is a beautiful thing. So I'm hoping for the best, planning for the worst though of course. He gave me quite a bit of homework to do which I got what I was able to do done in a timely fashion.

Again sorry for not being active, ive been blessed with a good job that keeps me really busy, told my boss about my situation also. Which went over really well. Thank God

Thank you all

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri May 01, 2015 9:38 am

I'm so glad you have an understanding boss and still have a good job! Also that you may not have to go to criminal court and have hope of more visitation soon. It sounds like you have a good lawyer.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Fri May 08, 2015 12:13 pm

Well I have some interesting news to share. My stepdaughter and her brother have been living with their dad in Texas on fort hood.
Cps have removed them from his care for child abuse and prescription drug abuse. My daughter will be coming back to Vegas. Although she will not be living with my wife she will be with someone that I completely trust, her aunt.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri May 08, 2015 9:47 pm

That's good news... for your wife. Not so good for her ex-husband. Children need both parents. I hope this will give your wife an opportunity to reconnect with her daughter in meaningful ways.
Sample Document Library

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:58 pm

I hope so as well, she will have been gone exactly a year to the day. I also think that this will help me in my criminal case. Will be meeting with my private investigator again on Sunday

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:41 pm

Ok so I got my report back from the psychosexual therapist. He is recommending the Abel assessment which I knew to expect, but he is also recommending boundaries counseling. Was hoping someone could explain what that is. Called my lawyers office to see about getting these going and was told that I have to go through the case worker. Should be receiving her email address shortly and I will be contacting her through email. I've only met this case worker one time and that was shortly before court. Also was informed that cps will be contacting me about a meeting for next week in regards to closing our case. We have court next month which would be our year review

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:04 pm

He has me marked as low risk all the way across

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:01 pm

Make sure that caseworker doesn't slow down the process by dragging her heels in getting you the referral you need for counseling. Sometimes they don't bother doing referrals right away because later they can go to court saying you didn't do the services. It wouldn't matter that they didn't give you the referral until months later... because if the services aren't done they aren't done and that counts against you.

Boundaries counseling - that probably refers to setting boundaries as to what kind of people you will allow into your life. Or maybe what kind of boundaries you will set in your relationship with the children. Here's what I'm thinking of: Boundaries.

I'm happy to hear they're considering this a "low risk" case!

P.S. Sorry I got the relationships confused in my last posting here.
Sample Document Library

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:22 pm

I meet with the case worker tomorrow to discuss getting my referrals. Hoping all goes well. I've got plenty of time to get the things done if I can just get her to get me in. I'm currently out of work due to a workplace injury so I can really make the most of this time. My wife met with them on Tuesday I was told that I would be invited but that did not happen. They closed her safety plan. And they are talking about petitioning to have her removed from the case.
So the therapist recommends for me the abel assessment, boundaries counseling, parenting class and drug tests. I haven't used any drugs in over 2 years so the drug test I don't think is really important. I would like to focus on the other issues. I'm hoping that if I get these things done they will allow me contact with my girls. Almost a year since I've seen the one and I was there for the birth of the other in December.
I will have help paying for their services through my family so I won't be stuck, which I'm very thankful for.
I'll get on in the next few days and update about meeting

Thank you all very much

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:24 pm

Ive bounced back and forth with smoking pot since I was a teenager, I really believe this battle has given me the strength to leave that where it belongs.... In the past

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:19 pm

So my meeting with cps today in my opinion went over all pretty good. I got the referrals that I needed, ive got my abel assessment appointment set up and ready to go. There seems to be confusion on all ends as to which boundaries counseling that I need to take. That is very frustrating, psychosexual therapist didn't know the psychological center I've been referred to wasn't sure told me that I need to verify with my case worker. I sent her an email just waiting on a response back. Tomorrow morning I will be going to take a drug test, no problem there. She is going to have me take a drug abuse assessment to see if treatment and random drug tests are even necessary. Which that's fine either way I'll do whatever I have to. There is a 50% chance they my case will be closed next month. Really depends on the judge and the cps supervisor because the boundaries counseling is an 8 week class. My next court date is basically in 4 weeks. She said that they may just close it and have me continue the classes. If they don't close it they will be petitioning to have my wife removed from the case. I am feeling pretty hopeful. Now to come up with the money 400 for the abel assessment, I still don't know how much for the other things

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:33 pm

Good news... you have referrals, things are getting done, and no more marijuana... I would love for all parents to stop smoking it for their children's safety if nothing else. It is good medicine for terminally ill cancer patients and some others but most of us need to earn a living, take care of children, etc... all those things that should come first.

Let us know what happens with the drug test. Many people have reported false positives to me. I hope yours will be as you expect it.

I hope the case will be closed next month!!
Sample Document Library

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:24 pm

Definitely no more marijuana that is 100% a thing of the past. This battle has given me the strength to leave it there.

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:31 pm

Right before me and my wife started dating I quit smoking pot. That was the one thing that had to go because she had a little girl. I chopped my hair off it was down to my belly button lol. I've had a couple slip ups the last one lasted about a year. But I'm proud of myself I've done pretty good over all. Many people I see going through a battle like this do themselves a lot of harm between alcohol and other substances. One thing that also has saved me there is being on house arrest if I slip up I go back to jail. This battle on the criminal side is very difficult to fight behind bars. Jail equals no future with my girls

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:45 pm

I'm glad you care so much about your girls. Children need their fathers... especially as they get older. I hope this works out well for you. I am happy they are closing the mother's case and yours may be closed soon. It is good they're working with you rather than just jailing you and doing nothing to help put your family back together.
Sample Document Library

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:56 am

They did jail me at one point actually, I'm out on bail as a condition of my bail I'm on house arrest. Which the only reason I was able to make bail is the judge saw all the leading questions in the court room and lowered my bail to a reasonable amount. Started at no bail then 40k finally dropped to 20k. When I was in jail there were people who were extremely pissed off at how low my bail was. Three and a half months in that hell hole. First time in jail and I hope to God it is my last.

But back to the family court side, Tuesday I take the abel assessment. Still no word back from the case worker about the correct boundaries counseling so I will email her and call her again tomorrow. How much is to much when it comes to bugging the case worker? She needs to get me that referral!
I will be using the abel assessment for my defense on the criminal side as well, also using the psychosexual in my favor. Hoping to get those charges dropped. The pi has said on a few occasions now that he thinks my case isn't going to make it to trial, but we are still preparing for trial.

Thank you

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:11 am

Back in 1989 when they had my daughter I called the caseworker almost every day to talk about how much I missed my baby. But I don't really recommend that. I'm not sure it did any good considering that the judge was the one who decided to return my child to me, not the caseworker.

I would notify the caseworker three times about the referrals in writing (with copies for proof of your effort). Give her one more week, then go talk to the county commissioners about it if no referral happens. They should get some action out of her.

Just my opinion. Slow referrals are a real problem.
Sample Document Library

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:27 am

Thankfully I will not have that problem, ive got all the referrals from her, my first session of the boundaries counseling is tonight and then tomorrow will be my abel assessment.

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:41 pm

Have to call back Wednesday to set up drug assessment. To see if I even need the recommended drug treatment which I don't need and the case worker doesn't think I do either. Or she made it sound that way

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:13 pm

Took my first session of the boundaries counseling this afternoon. Basically goes over the physical and emotional boundaries of the victim, your children and your significant other. Also is teaching about the cps process. Went over the reunification process a little bit as well as the safety plan. I think I will do just fine in this class and I'm excited for next week. Each session will bring me closer to where I need to be. One down seven to go.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:25 pm

Awesome... I am happy to hear you have all your referrals... and the boundaries counseling sounds good too. Are you keeping a notebook with ongoing information about your case and what you're learning in the classes?
Sample Document Library

Return to “CPS Investigations”