Firefighter who helped save lives needs help now!

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Firefighter

Firefighter who helped save lives needs help now!

Postby Firefighter » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:57 pm

This is about a man who had who had to practically raise himself. His father left him when he was a kid. Mom was poor and did what she could. He went through life with a leg problem which caused him to limp. He put himself through paramedic school. He worked a decade in the inner city as a paramedic. He applied for a firefighter position in the suburbs just after he was married and started a family. He worked real hard to get this job having to overcome his disability. He got the job. He got himself a house on his own, no help from parents. He had his wife and eventually 3 children living in the suburbs with the income of a firefighter. Life was good, all were happy and in a loving situation. He did have some underlying issues - Parasomnia, sleep apnea, had to work hard to maintain weight and the job did cause some anxieties. He worked at a job that was not exactly good for the sleep disorders. He also was prescribed drugs for his weight issue, high blood pressure and his anxieties. This all eventually contributed to his parasomnia issue. His wife had to put up with several episodes of him sleep walking, thrashing out with his arms if he had a violent dream and even a little bit of sexual feeling if he was having a sexual dream. This is known as sexomnia. There are many cases of this as told to us be a sleep clinic doctor who is willing to testify in an upcoming trial. The reason for the trial - the children and him were staying the night together and the wife was gone for that night due to a separation (partly due to his side effects from the stress and drugs for weight loss). The oldest daughter has always been the kind to sneak into the parents bed after they are asleep. She has had night terrors and separation anxiety issues. Well, what happened was after she was put into her own bed, an hour later after her dad was asleep, she sneaked quietly into his bed next to him. He was already asleep and was not awakened. He went into a sexomnia episode which involved him fondling his daughter for 30 seconds or so. She had to yell to wake him and he was mortified and extremely sorry and apoligized to her and told her she can never sneak into his bed again. Due to the separation, and DHS being involved due to the childen, the daughter revealed the episode, thinking it would not be an issue because he did it in his sleep unintentionally. He has never hurt any of his children, they all adore him. But, CPS got involved and THEY DON'T CARE. He went through polygraphs that prove he was asleep and not aware, therefore inocent. He wife has revealed to CPS that he has had parasomnia episodes in the past. He was a sleep walker for years. His work stress, sleep apnea, weight loss drugs, high blood pressure and constant interupted sleep from being a paramedic firefighter all contributes to the worsening of his parasomnia episode. Needless to say now, CPS pressure has caused him to loose his job (can't work at a job that involves saving children's lives). He has gone through $40000 in lawyer fees. He is pennyless. Lost his house. Has no money to go to a sleep clinic that will prove his sleep disorder even though he has offers for the testimony from professionals. He is going on trial soon and is looking at 25 years in prison. All because of 30 seconds of parasomnia - unintentional and unwilling. Never hurt a soul, loves his children and they love him back. He has the backing of his wife, kids, father and mother in laws, sisters, brothers and other firefighters. He has helped save hundreds of lives, it' now time to help him. His kids have no income. He hasn't seen his children in 8 months. He has lost upwards of $100000 due to all this. The grandparents have taken on the burden of total care for the children and CPS DOES NOT CARE. Trials so far have been a joke, they just get postponed and the lawyers keep taken their share. It is a damn shame. Something has to give. He needs more than the one lawyer he has. He needs money for the sleep clinic trials. HELP

Firefighter

Re: Firefighter who helped save lives needs help now!

Postby Firefighter » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:59 pm

Are there any other parasomnia cases out there?

family_man

Postby family_man » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:46 pm

This is a very sad story. However, anyone who has had a CPS case go terribly awry can totally believe that things could get this bad. You can only hope that the criminal justice system can be fair in your case, that you get an impartial judge and a jury that will see reasonable doubt in what the prosecutor tells them.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

Firefighter

Postby Firefighter » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:38 am

I hope your right. I can't believe how far this has gone. I can't believe someone can go to prison for 25 years for for this. By the way, the fondling was only "feeling her behind". His daughter is extremely sad and upset with how CPS has kept her away from her dad. She feels he did nothing wrong and was not intentionally trying to hurt her in any way. The children go into tears at times thinking about how they miss their dad. These kids had a home they could call their own, neighborhood friends they lost, their own rooms and a chance to go on family vacations and holidays together. Their college funds are gone. All because CPS policies are all about taking down families and raking in funds to support their upside down protocols. For Christmas, these kids will not see their dad. He may be preparing for prison.
REAL SAD

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:17 am

I looked up sexomnia on google: http://tinyurl.com/qhk9ncr. I would try and get a hold of these doctors that specialize in this and get them on your case. You might want to also talk to the lawyers involved in some of the cases in the news as well to try and get them to help you.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Firefighter

Postby Firefighter » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:32 am

Been trying to get a Doctor Shipiro from Toronto on the case. Back in August he said he would like to help. No word from him since. No return calls to the defense lawyer. Anyway, a pre-trial yesterday as usual went nowhere. Child pyscologists all said the 3 children are all well and happy and never had any issues with their dad. Even the oldest who was involved with the parasomnia episode has not a single emotional scar from the episode. The scar she does have is how CPS is trying to take away parental rights of the father. In court, CPS caseworker testified that the childrens psycologists and child lawyers all suggest the father may see the children (at a controlled place). The CPS worker on the other hand, under oath, said that "we" are trying to take away his parental rights forever. She did not speak for herself, she had to say "WE" meaning her boss and whoever. What galls me is during home visits, when the children ask if they can see daddy, she says she will try and see what she can do. ALL LIES. In court she is two faced. Now with Christmas apon us, the family cannot see or talk or anything to each other. His job and income (the childrens income and medical) are all being swept away. Unless your the one in the hot seat, nobody cares. It is nothing but tears all the way around.

family_man

Postby family_man » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:02 pm

CPS won't reunify you with your children until you are cleared of your criminal charges. Either the DA has to drop the case, or you need to be acquitted. That is your first priority now.

Firefighter

Postby Firefighter » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:12 am

Just to let you know, it's not me in trouble. I'm fighting for someone that doesn't have the financial cloat to do anything and who I deeply believe to be not responsible for what happened and therefore innocent. The latest - recent sleep study facility lost or threw away video of him having a minor parasomnia episode. Unbelieavable - he will have to have another sleep study now. Workers at the clinic may be alright with writing down and signing what they witnessed. We'll see. Also, tried to get on this site over the weekend. Google took me to a page that said "ACCOUNT TERMINATED". The top of the page was orange and the body was just all "off white" with the word "TERMINATED". Every try I couldn't connect. Have you had this issue before? Was in on my end or yours? Also, another preliminary court case. Everyone on the side of the accused except CPS. The case worker said that the psycologist said that the children loved their dad. The judge said "Well don't all kids love their parents?" The case worker agreed. HOW INSENSATIVE! Some kids are truely abused and hate their dad, others are without for no reason and want him there to love.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:22 pm

The site was temporarily suspended on Sunday morning for a few hours (not terminated) because the bill didn't get paid because my credit card had expired. Sorry about that! I didn't get emails from my hosting company to let me know. They fixed it, I paid, and they're looking into the problem of not getting any warning emails.

I agree - the judge was insensitive... and the caseworker too. They seem to specialize in that.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Firefighter

Postby Firefighter » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:05 am

Well here is the latest. The defendants lawyer has wrung up a bill of over 35 grand. He is still owed around 10 grand. The firefighter who has been beaten down by all this, laid off and all, is out of money to pay that final 10 grand. His lawyer is backing out and sending him to a public defender. This just keeps getting worse. There is only a few weeks, maybe a few months till the trial. God help him. Going to prison instead of getting help for his medical condition is shameful. A new lawyer is asking 20 grand flat fee. He said the polygragh result should have kept this from going to court. Nobody around here has that kind of money to throw around.

family_man

Postby family_man » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:29 am

I had to spend over $100k in legal fees to get my family reunited with my CPS ordeal. However, I was lucky enough not to lose my job. I wish there were an insurance policy a person could take out to cover unexpected legal fees like this. For somebody with no prior record, the rates shouldn't be too high.

Firefighter

Postby Firefighter » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:03 pm

Well, we have been looking for other lawyers and not getting anywhere. The present lawyer I believe is not at his A game because is owed money. Even though we are the Ex-in-laws, we are going to meet with him, find out his intensions for going forward. I believe with a compromise on what is owed he will get back on track. He is the one that knows all about the case. At this point I don't think bringing another lawyer up to date will help.

Firefighter

Postby Firefighter » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:51 am

Well, the present lawyer is still on board but only after $10,000 is handed over. We are financially being sucked dry. The latest court case had the granddaughter on the stand in tears trying to defend her dad. Everyone else was in tears too except for the judge and CPS. CPS wants to terminate his parental rights before he even gets to trial. I think that may happen today if CPS has their way. I now see the sick game that they are about to release on us. First they get an innocent man (until proven guilty) to not be able to have contact with the kids. If my daughter just once allows the father to contact the kids, she will loose custody. We, the grandparents will take custody but will not be able to have our daughter live with us (she has no job - no money to live on her own and our finances are not going to be able to cover it). If she then has any contact with the children, they are taken away from us and put into foster care. The daughter who innocently snuck into bed at the wrong time (during a rare parasomnia episode), will hate herself and be hated by her siblings for the rest of her life. The rest of the family will never sleep again and the father will be in jail because he has a sleep disorder. CPS is a foul organization. It should be completely overhauled. We on the other hand are trying hard not to colapse. I would like to find help on gofundme.com but I don't know if that is a good idea or even legal. What does anybody else think?

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:18 pm

I think I've seen other gofundme.com requests for legal help. There are several sites like that.

How did court go?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Firefighter

Postby Firefighter » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:57 am

Recent CPS "Take away rights" court hearing went slightly better than expected. Father still can't have any contact with the kids. That is mostly because the criminal trial is still ahead of us. But, the appointed child lawyer is on our side for now. She stated several times that the children desparately want to see their father and that she would be good with meetings at the psycologist's office. The CPS worker contested this suggestion. She said "I recommend that I (the CPS worker) be present at all the parent / children meetings". The judge backed her right down saying "YOU RECOMMEND! I think your chosen psycologist can handle it on her own". The CPS worker shut up. We still have to wait for the criminal trial to finish before the no contact order is lifted. Meanwhile, the CPS worker never mentions to the judge that the children constantly ask her when they can see their dad? She doesn't mention that the children dislike her cause she makes them cry. That would ruin her plan to take down this family. If CPS was out of the picture, every other function involved would have said their is no reason for this mis-treatment.
Again, I wonder if anyone had success with a "GOFUNDME.COM" or similar approach?

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:29 pm

I'd search the Go Fund Me site to see if there are other requests similar to yours that have worked out well. Even if you were listed there, you would probably have to do a lot of advertising to let people know about your page.

Good news about your court hearing. I'm so happy to hear that the judge put the social worker in her place!!!
Sample Document Library

Firefighter

Postby Firefighter » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:09 pm

Linda,
I want to thank you for fostering this site. (Fostering is good if used correctly). I know it’s hard to understand what these “CPS Victims” are going through until you’ve been there. You understand that. We have only been dealing with it for several months and I am only helping with the fall-out. I can’t imagine what the actual “Targets” have had to endure. Years of this could easily ruin the best of us. Also, I know your site warns of saying too much. To a certain extent I agree. But keeping quiet keeps the “unjust” status-quo. No doubt there are situations out there that really need the criminal courts intervention, but each case should be weighed out and handled accordingly. As for CPS, according to their protocol, they only have one path - “shoot first and ask questions later”. Forget the facts, your guilty until proven innocent.
I know that there is probably too much info discussed about our case on this site. If someone wanted to dig in and figure it out they could. But I’m not going to just lie down and let in-justice walk all over us. I’m sure there will be people on both sides of the fence on this, but I don’t care, we have lived through it and we know the truth. There will always be some narrow minded fools out there that will judge without the facts or without any experience of their own to draw upon in order to come to the correct conclusion. I’m sure there are cases out there that involve “low-life’s” who would love to lie to protect their behinds. This case is not so. The truth was told, Parasomnias are real. Non-believers-go do some research.
This guy is one loving father who would never, ever hurt his kids. Hopefully with some expert testimony and a good look at the facts, a jury will come to only one conclusion - NOT guilty.
Thanks for listening.

family_man

Postby family_man » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:37 pm

We're all rooting for you!

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:31 pm

Sometimes, making a case "high profile" via media (newspapers, TV) is effective... but not always. I would never advise someone to do that. Lawyers usually don't want media attention to their cases. I leave it to the conscience and gut feelings of the parents or grandparents involved. I do believe that parents usually know what's best for their children.

Does anyone here remember the Oregon case of the Christine family? The mother and father (Ruth and Brian) had a website ... I think it was called "governmentchildtheft.com" . . . but they never did their reunification plan... they objected to it. They were about to go through TPR and had their last visit with the kids... and when the social workers took the kids in a van back to the foster home, the parents followed them. When they stopped at a rest area, the parents kidnapped back their kids at gunpoint. The mother got 7 years in prison and the father got 12 because of the gun. He was released in 2013... this all happened a long time ago. Google "Brian and Ruth Christine" for more details.

The good thing was... that prior to this extremely high profile media attention, the three girls were going to be adopted out to strangers. But because of the media attention, one of the grandmothers adopted the three girls, and the other grandmother got two babies that were born during the time the children were in foster care.

Long story... but it does show that making a case high profile sometimes helps.

P.S. . . . I would never tell someone not to complete the reunification plan. That is just wrong...........
Sample Document Library

Firefighter

Postby Firefighter » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:17 pm

I read the story on the Cristine's hostile take over. This is pretty much the normal for the CPS. What is otherwise a perfectly functional family is so easily ripped apart. All by some anonymous caller. And, the children are not asked where they want to be. The case worker intercepts all those conversations. Crazy world some of us have to live in. I can see where the madness can drive you to a place you don't want to go. Well, we still have a few months to go till the "trial" is over. Latest sleep study did not reveal much, but how much can you expect from just 2 studies. If you only have a dozen parasomnias every five years, what are the chances you will have one tonight? This is an uphill battle for sure.

Firefighter

Postby Firefighter » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:21 am

More sadness and another feather in CPS's Hat. The year long pressure of not being able to see his children, the forced layoff and removal of income, the stress of court cases, lawyer fees, dad dying, the side effects from the weight loss drugs his doctor supplied (read about Adipex from link below), the severe sleep disorder and insomnia (also from stress and Adipex), his loss of a home and wife and his mounting dept has now weakened him to turning to drinking to ease the pain. He was let go from the fire department for drinking and driving. This coming from a work culture that has a high rate of DUI's per work force. Firefighters deal with stress, some fighting weight problems (thus the need for Adipex) and they take it to the local bar after work in order to release the pressures. This culture for many years has been there. It is alright to drink (and drive) just don't get caught. Anyway, one more nail in the coffin. More ammo for the upcoming trial. This is one of the saddest roads anyone should ever have to go down. There are worse things in life, but CPS could have said from the start, "maybe this family is telling the truth we should try and help rebuild not tear down". There is still the upcoming trial - that is if nothing real terrible happens before then. I'm sure that is what CPS is hoping for.
As for the Adipex drug reference, we believe it may have been what started it all. He needed to loose weight for his job and the doctors did not care how much and how long he received it. 6 weeks is max, they let him stay on it for almost a year. It caused a huge change in him. That mixed with his sleep disorder, stress and sleep deprevation, it all came crashing down - and no one was helping. (he was a strong firefighter who sort of refused help thinking he could do it on his own). After all, he grew up without a father and not much help from a mother who also needed help. He learned to not count on anybody and do it himself. Now he will possibly have three children with the same growing up issues as he did.
Click here to read some crazy stories on what Adipex (Phentermine) will do to you.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/nutritio ... rmine.html
Thanks for listening.

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:14 pm

I'm going through something similar to him and understand the pain and fear involved. I to would probably take up drinking if it weren't for being on house arrest, hope things go well in his trial. My family court trial is one week from today

Firefighter

Postby Firefighter » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:53 pm

Hoping yours goes well too. We have a criminal lawyer who is an ex-prosecutor. It seems like the right thing. He isn't cheep but finally gave us a flat fee rate. I don't know if the prosecutor background will just cause a lot of hob-nobbing in the courtroom. Although, he is not from our immediate area. I did ask him if he was passionate enough about this case, he said he was - he seemed sincere. 2 cases in one day coming up - CPS and criminal. I don't think anybody is on the prosecutors side except of course CPS. Prosecuter is pregnant and will be bowing out before this is over. I wonder if that is a good thing or bad?

family_man

Postby family_man » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:48 pm

Probably a good thing. If the new prosecutor who steps in doesn't know the case very well, and isn't prepared, it will be to your advantage.

Firefighter

Postby Firefighter » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:24 am

The latest-
CPS meeting in front of referee goes nowhere. Due to the latest drinking issue (which is due to deep depression and the possibility of prison) , CPS asked for a re-petition to rewrite the charges. This closed out the petition at hand. Therefore, the kids lawyer (G.A. L) was released. There is a bill for her services that we did not know existed and is now due. (100 bucks an hour for all the time she invested in the last 6 months - ouch). I have to say though, she was the only one who listened and was nice and said what was good to hear at the court meeting. Actually, I hope she returns after the new petition is drawn up. Also, the CPS worker is handing the baton over to a new worker. GLAD TO SEE HER GO. Events of the latest court meeting included the one side of the table (CPS side) laughing and joking the whole time while the defendant who has been beat down too nothing sat there looking extremely depressed and close to tears. Also, the CPS female prosecutor was winking and “goo-goo” eying the defendant’s lawyer. Why is this appalling behavior allowed. These proceedings are a joke. The referee said since this petition was closed out temporarily, he said that we should work out the future break rules between petitions with CPS. He sounded like that was a good thing. Of course, CPS in the post court room family team meeting continued the “no contact” with the children rule. His daughter’s birthday was in two days. I caught the new CPS worker driving past our house the next day. She was probably just putting together more information so she can sharpen her knife.
We need to put some major effort into getting a professional to testify about the side effects of Adipex (Phentermine) and what is will due to your well-being and what possible interactions it would have on someone with Parasomnias and other major sleep disorders. Not a lot of doctors deal with this. It all cost a lot of money. Again, what happened to a fair and speedy trial and innocent until proven guilty? After so long, you tend to give up. Everyone around you, unless they have been though any of this, just don’t really care.

Return to “CPS Investigations”