My rights were violated by cps investigator

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Ivy Jones

My rights were violated by cps investigator

Postby Ivy Jones » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi....I just posted my first question under cps investigations called "confidentiality rights" this is another question in regards to the same case..
My husband was recently investigated for attacking my daughter and despite tons of evidence proving his guilt they came back with a Level One offense against him of only "coercing and manipulating the children in marital disputes? In DE Level One doesnt even land you on the Child Abuse Registry. In addition --his letter has no mention of the attack he perpetrated against our daughter ----in other words, no language such as " we have found an unsubstantiated finding that an attack took place" It mentions nothing of the main reason they were called in. He denied everything by the way.
However --and this is where it gets interesting--the same day I received a letter stating that investigated me and charged me with a Level Two offense for admitting that I smoke marijuana with my 17 year old daughter one time. Level Two puts you on the registry for 3 years.
First, I had no idea I was being investigated until I received the letter....I was never told and I did not receive a parent handbook explaining my rights --like to an attorney etc. This is a stae and federal law . At the onset of the investigation, the caseworker appointed two advocates --one for my side and one for his side who were to provide him weekly ---He called my husband's advocate and met with 4 times. He never called mine. He never called my therapist nor psychiatrist--I have bipolar disorder, nor my uncle, my advocate. My daughter is vindictive and despite my 100% support, love and commitment to her--she becomes retaliatory against me if I set rules boundaries and limits--at one point during her testimony --she told the caseworker, that I drink excessively, overdose on sleeping pills and that I told her to make up the entire abuse story---she was doing this to a) retailiate against me--the enforcer and b) to protect her father --if he were to lose his job--all three of my kids would lose their college educations --he is professor. He reached a finding against me without giving me the opportunity to defend myself against all of these 100% baseless accusations, never asked me about any of it, never contacted my providers...nothing! However...he did give my husband ample time in 3-4 interviews to defend himself with his attorney with deny deny deny---and got away with it. You see, my husband is a sociopath ---with all the traits to go along with charming, witty and persuasive beyond all get out. He got my daughter to turn on me, then he convinced the investigator --that it was "all me, she's crazy, she's got bipolar". His whole motive was to deflect his responsibility away from himself due to the serious charges he was facing and instead turn the spotlight on me. He won! I filed an appeal--waiting for a court date --but I will have to rep myself --no funds--my husband is also a serious domestic violence abuser --mostly verbal at this point but he does control all marital assets and I have no access to any of our money--a form of control. All of this vile behavior was due to the fact I outted him in a pfa for years of abuse and detailed the attack on our daughter...My daughters and I had to stay in a dv shelter for 8 days. I am scared about representing myself in all of this ---any one have any pointers they can offer me? thanks Do you agree my rights were violated?

juls95677

Re: My rights were violated by cps investigator

Postby juls95677 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:49 pm

We are scared about representing ourselves too, but may have no choice because the court appointed attorney is doing nothing. If not for my daughter calling the attorney, we would have never known about the pre trial tomorrow. What really sucks is the fact ty wants daughter to cooperate with CPS. This raises a red flag with me.
Does anyone have experience or knowledge as to how to prepare for the pre trial?
Two things I am having my daughter do is file a complaint against the judge for being so damn bias and the second thing is having my daughter file for a state administrative hearing. Hopefully this will get some justice served for my daughter.
My daughter had a visit with her two-year old today and the people that oversee the visits actually made my daughter punish her son. He is two and obviously going through some stuff because up till now he was a happy and easy going little boy. now he is prone to throwing things and having temper tantrums.
Do not waste your time complaining to supervisors or your ombudsman, they are about a joke and never do what they say they will do. Take a stand with the 4th amendment and look into child rights....our children have the right to be protected.

juls95677

Postby juls95677 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:53 pm

if anyone has any strategies regarding how to prepare for a pre trial, please email me at [email protected] or call me on my cell if you need a listening ear at ( 916 ) 544-3164. we are all in this together, lets kick some cps butt and hold them accountable for once

Goaliegirl

Postby Goaliegirl » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:50 am

How it go?

Return to “CPS Investigations”