CPS violating due process

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

SnowBall

CPS violating due process

Postby SnowBall » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:00 pm

If a case needs to be transferred to a different county and CPS in the original county takes 3 months to send over the file to the new county, and doing so delays the case for 3 months, is this violating rights for due process. As far as I know, all they had to do is copy and mail the file. Once that was done, it only took a day for the new county to give a court date. All they were waiting for was the file. But the first county didn't send it for 3 months. I can not think of any reason that it was necessary to take 3 months to send a file to another county.

During this time, there were no visits by a CPS worker to the bio mother. The bio mother only spoke to the worker on the phone and saw the bio mother only when she happened to be at a visit at the foster parents house. No services for 3 month were given, because it was a transferred case. The bio mother went ahead and followed what she believed that the CPS worker would have asked for the case plan, and that happens to match what the actual case plan was.

I just want to know if her rights were violated. I believe that CPS just decided to sit on the case for 3 month after a Judge had ordered to have it transferred. Is this a due process rights violation?

Tazsylfan

Re: CPS violating due process

Postby Tazsylfan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:48 pm

This sure seems like a violation. There are rights that parents have in regard to CPS. Each state has their own laws. I would research it a little. I have found several violations from our local department.

Return to “CPS Investigations”