Contracted Attorney??? ARIZONA

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

lori1968

Contracted Attorney??? ARIZONA

Postby lori1968 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:49 pm

Isn;t it considered a conflict of interest if the attorney appointed to you is contracted by CPS. Please some one throw me a bone

KDus

Re: Contracted Attorney??? ARIZONA

Postby KDus » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:56 pm

At some level, yes, they all get paid from the same pool and they are all part of the same club whether it be County or HSA.
However, they are considered to be honorable and capable of acting in the interest of their client.

In practice, I saw the private attorneys behave more assertively than the "good ol boys" of the County system.

It might be more relevant that the County players need to stay in good standing with the other insiders while the outsiders just need to walk the line between burning bridges and working aggressively for the client.

My criminal counsel was certified to work juvenile cases but refused my request because he had recently pissed off the County attorneys. He told me he would be ineffective in that capacity. He was the first to explain the inside and outside nature of the court.

Return to “CPS Investigations”