Request to contact CPS

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

crr6242

Request to contact CPS

Postby crr6242 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:19 am

Long story but I will try to sum it up.
Girlfriends youngest was hurt, how is unknown. Her children have been removed from her care while that case is underway. Four months after they were removed her oldest claimed that I touched her inapropertly. CPS substantiated that because she "told the same story to more than one person"....really that's basically what the initial determination says. I requested a review/appeal because her accusations against me are not true. No response yet to my request. Now I get a letter from CPS stating that they received a report about my daughter and want me to contact them. I am unable to pay for a lawyer and don't qualify for any low income assistance.

What do I do with the appeal/review? They provided me no information as to what I was being accused of other than she said I touched her.

What do I do about the request to contact letter? There is nothing on the letter about what I am contacting them for other than they received a "report with concerns".

KDus

Re: Request to contact CPS

Postby KDus » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:12 pm

Their job is to find kids to take away and adults to drag into their system. This may have nothing to do with an allegation but I doubt it.

Any contact they want to have, is to do their job. It is very similar to a criminal investigation.

You need to find out what they are investigating without giving them anything to work with except a denial. It is virtually impossible that you can say something to help yourself.

I dealt with constant allegations and investigations during my case. The workers are hanging on every word a kid says, looking for a hint of abuse.

Everything takes longer than you'd think. I'm sure the appeal process is the same.

I'M NOT a LAWYER, THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. This is thoughts based on my experience.

Return to “CPS Investigations”