I really need some advice (Texas)

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

starriedarling

I really need some advice (Texas)

Postby starriedarling » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:50 am

Hello, my husband and I had our rights to two of our kids involuntarily terminated January 2016 (unfairly, no evidence that it was in the best interest of the kids and despite the fact we did everything they asked of us, most of their "grounds" were based on hearsay and the appeals court rejected appeal even though there was no evidence at all to support it was in the kids best interest..only that grounds for termination existed) In the middle of that first CPS case, I was pregnant and they allowed me to keep my son (born July 2015) and never checked on him or anything. I just had another baby December 2016 and about a week ago, we found a card from a CPS investigator on our door and my parents informed me they received a call asking for us to contact them. We texted the investigator to ask what this was in regards to and all she would say is that she recieved a referral and wants to set up a time to come to our house. We asked her to further explain what exactly this referral was and all she would say is that she wanted to come talk to us at our home. Is it possible that she is trying to take away our new baby because of our prior TPR? Is that even legal? What should we do? I am so terrified of going through all of this again that I don't know what to do except stall for time.... Thank you so much for your time and advice

noroses4u2c

Re: I really need some advice (Texas)

Postby noroses4u2c » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:52 pm

Yes, they are probably planning to take your new baby. And yes, in many places CPS will take all future children after a TPR. You do not get a chance to get future children back if you've had a previous TPR.

You need to not talk to them any further. All talking to them does is help them, not you. You need to immediately move to another jurisdiction or state and not let them know where you moved to or else they can get CPS involved in the new jurisdiction/state.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

starriedarling

Postby starriedarling » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:11 pm

Ok... If I stop contact with them... If we pack up and leave, can they do anything to us for that? Accuse us of running away or hiding something (even though we aren't)? They don't have an actual open investigation on us until they see us in person right?

Also, do you think this may just be a welfare check? They allowed me to keep my son while I was in an open CPS case, 6 months before trial (after the case was extended)...if they let me keep him, and haven't had an ounce of interest in him since then, would they really take my newest one? (sorry for so many questions, I am trying to be as careful as I can... I don't think could survive this twice.....). Thank you so much for your thoughts :)

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:43 pm

Absolutely. I've known of mothers who had their babies several months and they swooped in after her guard was down and took the baby based upon the TPR. I've known of mothers who had their babies taken at the hospital.

They would have to know where you were to do anything. They're unlikely to make much initiative to track you down. As of right now they haven't served you with any papers. You are legally free to pack up and leave. Get out of dodge. You need to be proactive in keeping what children you have left. Had I known CPS would be gunning for me years ago to take my child I would've left the area without hesitation. Right now they know you're an easy target because they already succeeded in keeping your other children. They are going to come gunning for the rest of the children and you already know how well you've done in court against them. I do not want you to lose your children that you have left. If I'm reading correctly, you have two babies at home? This is the only way.

In the meantime, do not answer the door at all. Screen your calls. Keep your windows closed. Curtains/blinds need to be closed. People automatically open the door when someone's knocking. Just don't do it. Make sure your husband does the same. If they manage to get into your home they win.

You and your husband need to be on alert. And so long as you're in the same home and they know where you live they can come right back in and do more damage. And your parents need to not talk to them, either.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:45 pm

No, it wouldn't just be a welfare check.

Return to “CPS Investigations”