Child safety Conference

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

ColJuaJai

Child safety Conference

Postby ColJuaJai » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:12 am

I am seeking advice
I have an out of control adolescent in the home who refuses to go to school, does not do Homework, always in the dean's office.
At home she disrespects everyone in the home and curses us out, abuses the three year old, has stabbed me, picks up knives on me, attacks me. She has been admitted to the Psych ward and they are saying she does not have a mental issue.
Last Thursday attacked me and ran out the house and I locked the door next thing I know the police were at my door (a neighbor called) and said a minor was pushed out of the home and locked out. I was arrested and child services are now involved. I have a child safety conference tomorrow morning. They relayed a message to my family that if I didn't attend they would come and take the children.
Do I have to attend?
Can I write a statement instead of answering "leading" questions?

Can Anyone please advise me ?

KDus

Re: Child safety Conference

Postby KDus » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:18 pm

Sorry for the late response. I hope your family is doing better.

I hope it isn't too late but yes, take them seriously. They can and will show up and use violence to take your children.

You are smart to be wary of their questions and the "help" they will offer. It sounds like you have a tough balance between keeping the children safe from each other and keeping them safe together.

I had a dangerous child in my home, too. My ex had guardianship of our nephew that was born to her drug addict sister. Well, he was self injurious and violent to the other kids. He got worse as he got older and bigger. Well, we passed a point of no return and that is where we were neglectful. My ex's ego and our mutual fear of CPS kept us from getting help. Then, it was too late to ask for help. So, we ended up in the very mess we were afraid of.
We should have medicated him.

I learned a lot along the way. #1. People are motivated by 3 things. A. The need to feel security. B. The need to feel control. C. The need for personal space. When those things are out of balance for an individual, you get undesirable behavior.

Return to “CPS Investigations”