Can CPS tell my ex to violate visitation order

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Scareddad

Can CPS tell my ex to violate visitation order

Postby Scareddad » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:19 pm

My ex and I have been fighting over child support and alimony. She abused me throughout marriage. She sent request for documents which made it clear she was going to take my kids. I attempted suicide. Dcf told her (supposedly) that she could not allow me unsupervised visitation or they would take kids. Parenting plan gives us alternating weeks. Can DCF tell her to ignore parenting plan? Seems to me they would have to get court order to stop my visitations and ex is lying. What do you think. Kids are teens.

Forgot to ad, Florida.

KDus

Re: Can CPS tell my ex to violate visitation order

Postby KDus » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:50 am

IF CPS is involved, you are a party to the case and would have been served.
CPS is not the law although they act like it. The current court order is the law unless the kids are in protective custody. Again, you should have been handed documents and been in court by now if that was the case.
Ask your ex to give you the contact info of the social worker. If there is one, you may get a clearer picture. If she doesn't give it to you, she's hiding something.
Don't tell people you attempted suicide. Everything you say can and will be used AGAINST you.

I am not an attorney and this is not legal advice but I've been dealing with this stuff, in many ways, since 2003

Return to “CPS Investigations”