Direction Needed ASAP... Please

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

lori1968

Direction Needed ASAP... Please

Postby lori1968 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:18 am

I am at the end of my rope with this nightmare. The attorney that was appointed to me did everything BUT represent me. In January I went to court the attorney I had wasn't there she had withdrawn Judge said I would get a new one. It's now almost the end of March and Im still waiting for someone to contact me. Who do I contact for help? I also don't think I have been receiving court information. Would the clerk of the court be able to provide that info. I'm so lost... Any info or thoughtsI would greatly appreciate it.

KDus

Re: Direction Needed ASAP... Please

Postby KDus » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:26 pm

You can go to the court anytime they're open and inquire about the case. The clerk can show the file, docket, and calendar.
You are not helpless. You are a party to the case and you get due process.

SnowBall

Postby SnowBall » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:08 pm

I would go to the file room and request a copy of the entire file. Then I would contact the Judge. Or possibly ask for an administrative hearing. I guess if it was my case, and I hit a dead end after this, I'd picket the CPS building. Someone might help.

True story...I was helping someone with a long delay in a case. I emailed their lawyer and told him that we would be going to the Judge's office to request that a small administrative task be done, which the Judge did order, but took months to do, and very amazingly, we went the next day and the task had been done that morning. Probably not a coincidence. CPS is VERY passive aggressive. They will take a long time to do minor tasks, or they will make mistakes in reports that happen to only benefit them or they will do any number of things to make it harder or slower to mover the case forward. You have to sometimes do something "crazy" to make sure they can remember to do what is right. I don't mean argue with them. But make bigger efforts than you'd think would be necessary to get things done.

lori1968

Postby lori1968 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:50 pm

Thanks for the advice. I called the clerk of the court and I guess dependency court is top secret as the woman went from helpful to oh can't tell you anything but sent my call to the Judge hearing the case. I left a detailed msg. no call back Of course. It's wrong what is happening but I guess I just must accept this is America and the bad guys win!

KDus

Postby KDus » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:07 am

Yes, they are very secretive about Juvenile cases. You have to physically go to the clerk office and show ID, but I assure you, there is almost no way they can withhold the file from you.

Only once was it kept from me, because I wasn't yet a party to the case, having made a special appearance and challenged jurisdiction.

lori1968

Postby lori1968 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:34 am

So after being appointed a new attorney Jan. 24, 2017. We finally made contact beginning of May. I found out from clerk of the court attorney had been appointed Jan 26th, clerk gave me name n her number I called and attorney tells me she was meaning to get in touch with me... huh??? Then asked me what I wanted... wow!!! I told her I wanted to meet with her and have her listen to everything that has happened since day one and if it takes two days I don't care. We met the next day, she in one day helped me more than anyone has in 18 months. Also have a new cps caseworker. If those two people could have been involved at the start no doubt I'd have gotten my child back months ago and all this would be nothing but a distant memory. I feel so angry right now and don't know what to do with my anger. My child was taken to CA I allowed it to get her out of foster care asap. Now she is with her dads sister and he was allowed to move in. CPS wants to give her dad custody but keep postponing it because at the age of 52 he keeps refusing to be a responsible grown up. Now they once again have postponed until August ,if he doesn't get custody then the sister will adopt her. I don't understand why I can't have her?

Return to “CPS Investigations”