CPS threatning to keep my child in the NICU?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

meeshywii

CPS threatning to keep my child in the NICU?

Postby meeshywii » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi,
I recently had a baby (2 weeks ago), while pregnant I was prescribed medication by a doctor. My OBGYN was aware of any and all changes to my dose, my doctor was aware I was pregnant, ect.
I expected CPS to get involved, since my daughter was put in the NICU after birth.
It took two weeks but here they are! They called me 4 days ago, and asked to meet myself and my fiancé at home. (I regret complying w them already, as I knew better but I desperately want my baby home), my fiancé was working a double but the worker came to my home and spoke w me. She told me my child tested positive for MORPHINE and I said “yes, because the hospital administered that to me during labor”, then gave her documentation from the hospital of every drug I received there. She took a photo of it, asked me to complete a drug test (which I did, and passed except for my prescribed meds), asked me to count my medication? Which I did, all was well. Asked to see the newborns room, took photos of everything we had for her (which is literally an entire year of diapers) and everything else she needs. She then asked me all of the standard CPS questions, about my past, ect. Then she left. Next day: she blows up my phone saying there ALSO was an allegation that “I admitted to taking my fiancé’s painkillers at the end of my pregnancy” which I almost laughed at because wtf? My fiancé has never even been prescribed an antibiotic let alone painkillers. She asked for my fiancé to complete a drug screen bc of this allegation. At this point I had already looked up my rights for CPS and my state, I did as soon as she left my home. And I’m now consulting w an attorney as well as reading EVERYTHING I can about family law here. My fiancé called her and told her the truth which is he would be able to meet her this Tuesday, she instantly said “he needs to take a blood drug test from Labcorp if it’s going to be Tuesday and the newborn will not be released to us if he doesn’t”.
Well, we paid to take a UA today through Labcorp since she offered for him to “come down to the office and take a UA” if he did it today. Our reason being: I do not trust them and I don’t think they even needed a UA from him but fine. So he took the most extensive UA drug test Labcorp offered.
On Tuesday we should have results, which we will gladly release to her. I’m positive this will upset her and she will demand a blood test again, which if we have to we will comply with. ANYONE shed some light on this please-

Is this legal? Can they seriously keep my child in the NICU past her discharge date?? I don’t trust these people at all. I was even scared they’d fuck w my drug test or medication, since obviously the report was a hospital worker or cps made the 2nd allegation up themselves...I am so scared, this is my first and only baby. I have loved my baby as soon as I heard she was there, I can’t lose her, it will ruin me..

noroses4u2c

Re: CPS threatning to keep my child in the NICU?

Postby noroses4u2c » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:05 am

What did the lawyer say?

Why did you expect CPS to get involved?

Newborn babies are highly sought after by CPS.

What's current status?
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

meeshywii

Postby meeshywii » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:05 pm

Update: so after posting this I immediately started to record every phone call they made (I let them know they are being recorded) got all my hospital records, as well as 9 months worth of drug tests from the lab my doctor uses (all clean), and in the hospital records it shows the exact time they administered morphine to me, as well as a letter from the delivery doctor that said my urine was negative for all but the morphine that was administered to me during labor.
My fiancé and I both passed urine analysis too.
Well DCF tried saying that was not good enough, and they need HAIR FOLLICLE tests on me and my fiancé. When I asked why because I had just provided them with more than enough disproving their allegations, the woman just said “my supervisor said so”

I told her no one is taking the hair follicle tests because our attorney said we have provided them with more than enough to close their investigation and that it is looking at this point like they’re TRYING to find anything to take our child from us and the thing is: there’s nothing to find. The investigator then said she “talked to a doctor and they said the morphine wouldn’t show in the babies cord if it was administered during labor” (yes she seriously said that, even though a quick google search shows TONS of doctors who say that’s YES any drug given in labor shows in the babies cord blood).

I have now actually retained a lawyer, in case they try anything. I truly believe their investigation is dead though. I think she knows it as well, she hasn’t tried calling in two days, but now I have a good lawyer on my side should they try and show their disgusting faces again.

meeshywii

Postby meeshywii » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:34 pm

I’d like to update this post in the off chance anyone ever comes across it in a similar situation: my daughter came home today! I have still not heard from DCF since the last time I posted. I will never ever let those people into my house again without a warrant, and without having a lawyer. As most of you know, there needs to be a serious, serious change here. These people are corrupt and terrible, they literally tried to kidnap my newborn baby from me. I am expecting they’ll return at some point since isn’t an investigation open for 30 days? Do they have to notify you if they close it or is that only if it’s a case?

lori1968

Postby lori1968 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:44 pm

They have so many days before notification is sent by mail. Don't let them in your home. You don't have to. Best wishes on your new baby :D

meeshywii

Postby meeshywii » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:05 am

Update: so it's been a while since hearing from the investigator, today I randomly receive a call from her stating she "is working to close the investigation and would just need to come out and see how we are adjusting and how the baby is doing", she then called my sister who I gave her as a person to call so she could ask questions about me (i gave her my mother's number, and my sister) during the initial visit. It's odd to me she made no attempt to contact her for a month, and now suddenly is.

I'm assuming this is a last ditch effort to drum up something to close the case w/ a "substantiated", since the original allegation has NOTHING to do with them needing to come see the baby (since the allegation didn't have any accusation of child abuse/etc) or where they'd need to see how we are adjusting.
I'm lost as to what to do, I feel like not returning the call, and i know now they have 60 days not 30 before they have to close it or go to court. It is nearing the 60 day mark, I looked back at the original date of when they first came to my home.

I need advice as to what to do here: should I just not respond ? or call back and let her know i'm recording her, and ask her why the case isn't closed when I've given her everything to disprove the original allegation?

meeshywii

Postby meeshywii » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:08 am

2/17 would mark the 60 days they have to investigate here in FL, so I am assuming she is just trying to find ANY reason to continue this. Or she is told by her supervisor to attempt to visit, etc, and is trying to just do everything she is mandated to do before closing it.

I'm lost as to what to do, I really assumed they were gone, and that i would receive a letter in the mail soon.

meeshywii

Postby meeshywii » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:10 am

So, I returned her call after consulting with an attorney. (just to catch this post up: she is calling requesting she needs to see how my child is doing since coming home to close the investigation, then called and said she needs to "meet with me one last time" to close the investigation) which the allegations that were made had nothing in them that would make it mandatory for her to see my child in order to close it, since they weren't allegations of abuse/neglect and my child was NOT EVEN HOME yet from the NICU.
Myself and attorney think they are fishing for anything prior to the date they have to close it on 2/17/18.

I told her I was recording the phone call and that I'd need her to send me a written and signed letter detailing exactly what they need to close the case and how it pertains to the allegations that opened this investigation, so that my attorney can review it and respond to them. She said "okay", and I said okay thank you bye.
Immediately after that call, her supervisor called me and left a message saying to call him back its in regards to closing my investigation.

I've yet to call back because I requested a letter detailing what they need that was signed, and he still called me 5 minutes later.
Are the required by law to make another home visit to close a case?? I'm pretty positive that is BS. My attorney is telling me they have no reason to since the allegations have been disproved thoroughly, to the point where CPS wouldn't take this to court. I've given them so much documentation disproving their allegations, and have recorded every phone call/visit, which brings me to the last visit I specifically asked "what do you need to close this case?" there was NO mention of seeing my child, NONE whatsoever. She just said "they have a big meeting and if there is nothing there, they close it". So they're lying again. Shocker.

meeshywii

Postby meeshywii » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:21 am

Update again: (sorry if no ones reading this, I just like to post my thoughts and how CORRUPT this agency is)
-I called the supervisor back, informed him I was recording the call, requested the written and signed document detailing what they need to close my case from him. He acted super "confused" and they've "never done that" so he has to ask his supervisor what he can do legally. Then said he just needs to see my daughters alive to push it further to closure. I asked what does this have to do with the inital allegation, that I "take my Fiance's painkillers" which we both have disproved. He said it's protocol.
The call basically ends with "Ill get back in touch with you"

Well the next day my daughter has her 2 month WCC, I forward the visit summary to him and the investigator, I call them both and leave voice messages letting them know I'm recording the VM, the time and date, and that I fwded the summary due to the call from yesterday stating they want to make sure my daughters alive, the summary includes her vitals, her address is the same still, and her current health. I said that should be sufficient for them to know shes alive, and if it's not to please get back to me on when they can provide me with the written and signed letter.

Still haven't gotten a call back. (per FL's laws: investigations must close in 60 days unless the 'victim' dies, is missing, or a criminal investigation is open)
They have 4 working days left to close this..

What do you guys think? Will they ever even get back to me?!

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:19 pm

Do not talk to them. Let the time clock run out.

Be warned though, they often come back. They can easily claim that they got a new call on you, and since these calls are kept anonymous there's no way to prove whether they even got a call or not. They do not like it when someone slips through their fingers.

Some people move out of the jurisdiction and don't leave contact info with them once a case is closed for that reason.

Good thing your lawyer was there for you. My lawyers (I went through 3 of them) did not fight for my behalf. I went several years without even being allowed to talk to my child on the phone because of the lies told about me.

And if a case ever is open against you again, do not ever stipulate to anything no matter what they promise you. If you stipulate then you lose your right to a trial and you don't have much if any chance of getting your child back. In my case, my court appointed attorney (first lawyer I had) stipulated me without my consent.

I hope these people are gone from your life, but don't let your guard down.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

meeshywii

Postby meeshywii » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:19 am

Alright so it’s been nearly two months now and I haven’t heard anything but I also have never gotten a letter? I know by law they ran out of time, but where the F is my letter? Lol i just want to have it for my personal records but I don’t want to call them regarding it for fear it will stir the pot. :(

Return to “CPS Investigations”