Posting names,phone numbers of workers/advocating violence

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

brookeycookie

Re: Posting names,phone numbers of workers/advocating violen

Postby brookeycookie » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:15 pm

How long ago did you do the tpr?

Eljay

Re: Back on topic...posting names etc

Postby Eljay » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:28 am

GuyForcheese wrote:I can perfectly understand someone NOT wanting to promote violence and posting names for that reason should be a definite "no-no":
but what I am reading is that there is a basic prohibition about posting ANY caseworker names here???

Since this topic has been brought to the top, let me share this....

While we all believe in our first amendment rights, the bullies in the CPS world (cps agencies, courts, attorneys, etc.) frequently operate above the law. If you threaten and/or challenge them, their first response is usually to rally the troops, make up a bunch MORE lies, and use their fully-funded legal team to "put parents in their places" -- that place being under their thumb by way of holding children hostage. If you start posting derogatory information regarding a public official on this site, they will ask the judge to order you to stop. The judge will do so. The consequence is that if you don't, you'll be seen as "uncooperative" by the court which will put reunification with your child at risk. Maybe they'll arrest you for contempt of court. Does family/dependency court have the right to restrict first amendment rights? No. Do they do it? Yes. And what is your recourse? You have to hire/pay a constitutional rights attorney to take it to appeal (because posting on a website has NOTHING to do with your child(ren) or family court) to get them to reverse the court order. You'll win, sure, but it will cost you $$$$$ (unless you're really fortunate and find a pro-bono lawyer).

So, say you don't comply and remove your posts.... then their next step is going to be to shut down this website. They'll just shut it down completely, by forcing the hand of the ISP/webhost company. Now the actions of one person have impacted everyone. So instead, go to http://ratemycaseworker.com/ and vent there. Please. :)
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

Return to “CPS Investigations”